What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SFS to get Light Rail

Great memories! I used to live in Riley St, near the corner of foveaux (no, not A Touch of Class) and used the KB as my local. Great little, stinky pub. Walking up foveaux st was always a prob though.

Anyways, back on topic, light rail to SFS from Central?????? Big fat waste of money. Taxi, bus or walk. f**k it's less than 20 min on foot.

Sam, you'll be happy to know it's still a great little stinky pub

NRLMad

Juniors
it's a good initiative - people hate waiting for buses - walking in the rain.. the plebs love it .. but what about the rest of us :) they should have done this years ago - should be free (or close to free) on match day with a ticket.

seaeagle sam

That's great news. developers will probably get to it sooner or later though. Used to (may still have a Pommy girl working there, managers/Lic wife maybe) she was frigging funny.

Frailty

First Grade
I'm glad the NSW Government is spending money on useless infrastructure then developing infrastructure in the areas that need it....

Herzog

Juniors
f**k people are lazy. It's one bus from Central then a three minute walk from Paddington Town Hall, or a twenty/thirty minute walk through leafy Surry Hills from Central.

adamkungl

Immortal
There are constant buses DIRECTLY to the SFS on Game Day from Central. You never have to wait more than 5 mins

Just as there are constant buses between UNSW and Central, that don't stop anywhere besides those 2 locations. Light rail would just make it more inconvenient for everyone

BDGS

Bench
Hopefully this will contribute to prevent today crowds number at games at the SFS into the future.

Shameful crowd today.

Eels Dude

Coach
They should put a lightrail between Parra station and Parra stadium... and between Penrith station and Penrith stadium. Both are just as long a walk as it is from Central to the SFS. F**k Easts fans must be really lazy buggers if this'll increase their crowds.

Frailty

First Grade
They should put a lightrail between Parra station and Parra stadium... and between Penrith station and Penrith stadium. Both are just as long a walk as it is from Central to the SFS. F**k Easts fans must be really lazy buggers if this'll increase their crowds.

Now Penrith Station to CUA Stadium... Now that is a hike!

Either way, I'd prefer the state's limited resources be used on useful infrastructure - not on something that is already catered for by a quick bus trip.

adamkungl

Immortal

I'm with you...but I don't think you'll find any Easts fans complaining about the walk/convenient buses. Especially considering a large number live between Bondi and Maroubra, so Central is really irrelevant. Away fans are the ones sooking here.

Panfas

Juniors
People are screaming out for the light rail to be installed and when it gets proposed, you all get on your high horse and bag it. FFS not everyone wants to walk up the hill from central to the SFS. What about the elderly? the families? What if it is raining? The light rail will be used more than just for the football stadium, it will be for the uni and prince of wales hospital and residents and businesses inbetween.

For arguments sake each tram has a capacity of 217 passengers, of which 74 are seated. With 1 tram every 5 minutes it beats the hell out of a bus.

Panfas

Juniors
Now Penrith Station to CUA Stadium... Now that is a hike!
Bull s**t

Central Station (Elizabeth St) to SFS via Foveaux St - 1.7km, 23mins (up hill also)

Penrith Station to Penrith Stadium via Station St - 1.3km, 17mins

Parramatta Station (Darcy St) to Parramatta Stadium via Church St - 1.3km, 17mins

Latest posts