What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shackleton gone for season.

fanaticeel

Juniors
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/eels-shackleton-ruled-out-for-season-20100315-q77h.html

Parramatta forward Shane Shackleton has been ruled out for the rest of the NRL season after surgery to repair a serious hamstring injury.
Recruited from the Sydney Roosters in the off-season, Shackleton suffered the injury in a tackle early in the second half of the Eels' first round loss to St George Illawarra on Friday.
Shackleton had emergency surgery the same day and will remain in hospital for a period as the leg needs to be immobilised, the club said in a statement.

Snoochies

First Grade
Crap...:crazy:

Feel bad for the bloke, be exciting starting fresh at a new club for everything to end in a split second.

Gronk

Staff member
So we get cap exemptions if we have to buy another player or pay incentives to a reggie ?

Stagger eel

Staff member
this is horrible news, but I guess this is the nature of the beast when we're involved in one of the toughest competitions in the world, all the best to the shack and hope he comes back better than ever in 2011.

Brendon Oake, Taniella Lassalo and Justin Horo, this is your big chance to make your mark in this game..it's time for you 3 to really make a nuisense of themselves and show this team what they've been missing.

Nikki

Coach
Im livin in the hope that, with it being a Rnd 1 injury, he may be able to make it back later in the year. Not too sure how long these injuries to take to heal, but maybe they have said season as a worst case scenario. I have been waitin forever for Shack to play at Parra dammit!!!

Snoochies

First Grade
So we get cap exemptions if we have to buy another player or pay incentives to a reggie ?

Doesn't look like it from this article. This is the one where the NRL said to Cronulla to sack John Mannah. Ricky has a good point in the way the NFL deal with injured players in that they go onto the 'injured reserve list' and clubs are able to buy another player to fill the spot that has been vacated yet the injured player does not lose their spot for the following year.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?p=6410768

Stagger eel

Staff member
I must say, I was never a fan of releasing Weller who's played 20 odd fg games already and now this might come back to haunt us a little, especially given the rumour that Mitch Johnston has also been released.

Rogue.9

Juniors
I think so, isn't that part of the reason we delayed Mateo's return by a few weeks last year so he would be over 12 weeks out and we get a salary cap discount?

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Im livin in the hope that, with it being a Rnd 1 injury, he may be able to make it back later in the year. Not too sure how long these injuries to take to heal, but maybe they have said season as a worst case scenario. I have been waitin forever for Shack to play at Parra dammit!!!
Luke O'Donnell's injury was a 12month healing process .. apparently

Haynzy

First Grade
Geeze, poor bloke..
I hope he comes back when he's ready with a whole new lease on life and really kicks on.

Time for one of the younguns to put their hand up.