What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Flanagan's rant, Greenberg's response

Card Shark

Immortal
We played crap & can hardly blame the refs, although we were more hard done by than the cowboys.

I thought Gal was milking the penalty when he lost it but that photo of him getting to his feet with both hands of the cowboys marker STILL on the ball is damning.

If that is up the other end or 20 minutes previous in the game, the ref gives a penalty.

The Cowboys player took the odds to it, knowing the ref was unlikely to penalise in the circumstances, & got away with it. The ref didn't have the balls to penalise him.

A glaring inconsistency is when we lost to the roosters 2 weeks earlier, Gal pushed the limits with a hold down & rightfully got penalised.

Ref had the balls to penalise & good on him but why not yesterday?

Spot On

Coach
A glaring inconsistency is when we lost to the roosters 2 weeks earlier, Gal pushed the limits with a hold down & rightfully got penalised.

Ref had the balls to penalise & good on him but why not yesterday?

.... and this is why I will not praise what Greenburg has done today. If anything he has failed to address the real issue.....

Fix the refereeing standard and the bunker before coming out and blasting those whinging about it.

The ruck is a joke, the consistency of many 'interpretations' by the refs is a joke and above all Tony Archer's time as the ref's boss has been a failure. Just referee to the rules to start with and clean the effing ruck up and be consistent. If the bunker is to be used then let's go the whole hog like other sports do. The Walker on side/off side needs addressing if the technology is available.

What the f**k is Archer doing????

Greenberg once again has had a bit each way today and failed to address anything. Nothing. Again.

I'm not a supporter of any of the semi finals teams that played on the w/e but I can't understand how anyone can be happy with how those games were officiated. It is simply not good enough. And that is what needs addressing. Does anyone think the 10K fine will deter coaches from ever having a whinge at the refs after a poor performance that they believe cost them the game??? Maybe if they get serious and increase the fine to 50K there might be change. But again, Todd will have to grow a set and implement change rather than attempt to throw a tanty and deliver a lot of well scripted words in front of a camera and then have no follow through nor actions to follow up his rhetoric.

to_ddeath

Coach
Every year there's no Perth NRL team is a great year!

You'll be pushing up daisies before it gets put on the NRL table.

No worries we'll be back next year.

You'll again have no team to follow.

Gawd I love reading your misery...such a great start to the working week.
Kleenex called - they wanna sponsor you blokes.

Eion

First Grade
.... and this is why I will not praise what Greenburg has done today. If anything he has failed to address the real issue.....

Fix the refereeing standard and the bunker before coming out and blasting those whinging about it.

The ruck is a joke, the consistency of many 'interpretations' by the refs is a joke and above all Tony Archer's time as the ref's boss has been a failure. Just referee to the rules to start with and clean the effing ruck up and be consistent. If the bunker is to be used then let's go the whole hog like other sports do. The Walker on side/off side needs addressing if the technology is available.

What the f**k is Archer doing????

Greenberg once again has had a bit each way today and failed to address anything. Nothing. Again.

I'm not a supporter of any of the semi finals teams that played on the w/e but I can't understand how anyone can be happy with how those games were officiated. It is simply not good enough. And that is what needs addressing. Does anyone think the 10K fine will deter coaches from ever having a whinge at the refs after a poor performance that they believe cost them the game??? Maybe if they get serious and increase the fine to 50K there might be change. But again, Todd will have to grow a set and implement change rather than attempt to throw a tanty and deliver a lot of well scripted words in front of a camera and then have no follow through nor actions to follow up his rhetoric.
Oh Todd will be happy enough to lob a bigger fine on flanno and baz because the Tele / fox mob are right behind him. Despite flanno going through a laundry list of errors and not questioning their integrity at all. Then it'll be back to 10 for next time.

Sphagnum

Coach
I wonder if there will ever be a day when Melbourne lose a final on a 50/50 not going their way.

Doubt it.

Card Shark

Immortal
Unfortunately the referees have made a rod for their own back this year by not clamping down on fundamentals of the game such as playing the ball, offside (going early), forward passes from dummy half, scrums packing like a herd of sheep....

I actually applaud that Maloney & others are sin-binned for professional fouls because they need to regain control of the game.

The players do whatever the f**k they want & get away with it.

The coaches teach them to play this way, so it's a bit rude to whinge when it goes against you.

Diesel

Referee
I've bagged Todd out a lot and he's deserved it but this is one of the first times I've agreed with him. I only hope he's willing to make more stands like this against the bullshit that goes on and on and on

I think what pisses me off the most is that they're all over the frigging place. For 5 years they jumped on anyone not playing the ball correctly, now they don't. They jumped on players not getting to their feet before playing the ball, now they don't. Tripping has been an automatic send-off since I was a kid in the 1960's, now it's a penalty and a small fine. They call players by name and that should never, ever have been allowed. And that's just a few of the things that piss me off these days.

Get rid of the people running the refs and start again.

Spot On

Coach
Oh Todd will be happy enough to lob a bigger fine on flanno and baz because the Tele / fox mob are right behind him. Despite flanno going through a laundry list of errors and not questioning their integrity at all. Then it'll be back to 10 for next time.

...if they do that then they all need the arse. Soft if that becomes fact.

Spot On

Coach
Unfortunately the referees have made a rod for their own back this year by not clamping down on fundamentals of the game such as playing the ball, offside (going early), forward passes from dummy half, scrums packing like a herd of sheep....

I actually applaud that Maloney & others are sin-binned for professional fouls because they need to regain control of the game.

The players do whatever the f**k they want & get away with it.

The coaches teach them to play this way, so it's a bit rude to whinge when it goes against you.

Exactly. Players have to literally fight to play the ball with defenders hanging off them, hands all over the ball, pinning their elbows in, being pushed backwards, being pulled forwards etc, etc etc. Just fix it. The longer it goes on the greater the advertisement telling us that they can't. Surely they are aware of it?

Latest posts