What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Flanagan's rant, Greenberg's response

Knightmare

Coach
Watching the U20s final yesterday, Casey Badger was calling players by their number every time & communicating well to the players in the ruck.

It's probably because she doesn't know their names but f**k it was refreshing!

"Cam- Cam! Over here a second?

Listen mate, you wanna go and tell the boys to watch themselves in the tackle. I know your bloke didn't mean to paralyse him just then, but if it happens again I'll have to blow the penalty ok Cam? Great, first rounds' on you after the game too, mate. And thanks for pointing out that penalty earlier too!"

butchmcdick

Post Whore
JT didn't just bang on about conspiracies he flat out called them bias.

And got away with it..

Precedent?

I seem to recall most fans calling him out on it just like poor flanno

Sharks fans most of all posted comments like get over it , the cows had plenty of chances to win it

Do you think flanno's rant was on par with JT's ?

JamesRustle

First Grade
100% on Gal that Sharks are out this week.

If he doesn't lay all over Cordner 2 weeks ago, begging for the NSW captaincy back, Sharks win that game and finish 3rd with a double chance.

He doesn't learn and keeps doing stupid shit. Hope he plays on next year.

SharkShocked

Bench

Sharks fans most of all posted comments like get over it , the cows had plenty of chances to win it

Nope he didn't once infer any issues with the referees integrity. Just that they were horrible. Which is a matter of opinion of course.

One got away with it, one is being talked about fined 30-40K.

Reckon that's equality?

butchmcdick

Post Whore
No

However the point still stands that the refs didn't cost you the match

You had 62% completion rate and missed 37 tackles

Surely

Post Whore
we would be talking about the great football if it wasn't for some Manly and Sharks fans

A 7 tackle try is a monumental f**k-up to complain loudly about

whether a player was a bee's dick in front of a kicker or a gnats twat behind is not

What about when a support player is tackled without the ball

Penalty or sin bin?

Jerkwad2000

Juniors
And I see now, right on cue, it's being reported the fines for baz and flanno will be heftier than usual. 47 texes Ricky will be pleased!

This mob is so predictable and useless it really is amazing.

I've just watched the Barrett presser that they have on NRL.com, and I can't see the issue with it at all. He is asked questions and responds to them. He wants an official to go to the shed to explain the decision, he asks why there has to be a call made, and questions the 2 major decisions that went against Manly, 1 proven to be correct, the 2nd still questionable. There have been way worse rants by coaches this season without fines being issued. The fines are to try and distract the issue at hand, that being the poor ongoing performances by the bunker.

lazza

Juniors
This is why I love this place. It's almost unanimously agreed all season long that the standard of refereeing in the game is at an all time low. There are dummy spits left, right and centre all throughout the year from supporters of every club bar the storm.

A coach comes out and finally says what everyone is thinking but he gets hazed because his name is Shane Flanagan.

As if Flano doesn't know they played poorly. His argument was that the rules were applied differently all game long particularly with regards to players off the ball on kicks (if it's Luke Lewis being knocked over its play on, if it's Coote it's a sin bin and penalty even if he was called offside) and strips/knock ons (too many to list) and this cost his side possession and ultimately points. And he's right.
Does anyone have video of Lewis being knocked over? Keen to see how bad it was compared to maloneys

He was every chance of getting it. He was closer then the Sharks players were. Leutele (who got the ball) was turning to chase, Valentine Holmes was next to the goal posts and Feki was near the sideline. Lowe is running onto it and most likely gets to it if Maloney doesn't tackle him

Yeah he's the bionic man!!!!!!!

genius.

Danish

Referee
"Cam- Cam! Over here a second?

Listen mate, you wanna go and tell the boys to watch themselves in the tackle. I know your bloke didn't mean to paralyse him just then, but if it happens again I'll have to blow the penalty ok Cam? Great, first rounds' on you after the game too, mate. And thanks for pointing out that penalty earlier too!"

Pretty impressive for a ref to speak that clearly with Smith's knob in his mouth

beave

Coach
Unshamelessly stolen from the twittersphere

9309E46C-BDBE-4492-A014-6CD716A7C4E0_zpshzr8dgyh.jpg

carcharias

Immortal
Anyone who think Greenberg has a clue is a

on par?

Ha
Flano looked like he was doing roll call compared to Thurstons effort.
Thurston actually accused the game of being rigged by NSW.
The f**ker didn't even know there was 7 tackles
Neither did Bea whatshisface...and he scored the try.
Nobody knew
Nobody said a word
...and it's still not %100 proven anyway
It probably should've been called a zero tackle to start the set way back on the sharks own line.

Flano had a whinge that is comparable to all other coaches over the years.
Still miles behind
Ricky
Toovey
Bennett
Des

Canard

Immortal
Does anyone have video of Lewis being knocked over? Keen to see how bad it was compared to maloneys

I'm not saying it didn't happen, and happy to be corrected, but seems most are taking Flanno's word on this as gospel and we know he is an unreliable witness.

Eion

First Grade
Can't wait for Greenbergs wildly inconsistent fines in response to the criticism of wildly inconsistent refereeing.