What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Watson Appreciation Thread

Parra Guru

Coach
68456.jpg

:lol: "owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Well Chappelli and Walters must have had a few too many beers! Clarke has a ordinary FC and test record. I can see exactly why he isn't in the side!

but he is

lockyno1

Post Whore
He might be in the side. He is part of the squad. They still have the choice to play Watson if fit, or 5 bowlers instead of Clarke Twiz!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Locky, if Watson isn't fit, then Clarke will come straight back into the side. They'll stick with the four bowlers which has done them just fine for the last f**king 10 years. Ever since we lost the Ashes last year, the selectors have been on a crusade to find an apt all-rounder much like Flintoff. Problem being, no Australian player is in the same class as Flintoff in the category of an all-rounder. The selectors should stop with this crusade and just go back to having 6 batsman plus Gilly, with the four bowlers.

lockyno1

Post Whore
We'll see. I still think if Watson is out you play 5 bowlers. Lee and Warne will score just as many as Clarke gets with the bat and you gain another strike bowler!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
But we dont need to have five bowlers unless we want to play both spinners. Even then, we lose one fast bowler. We need to stop looking for an allrounder soon, surely. We won something like 19 tests in a row with just four bowlers and six batsman plus Gilly FFS.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I am not saying we need it. But is another bowler more valuable than Clarke who will get his usual 15 or 20 and then get out playing a stupid shot! I am not sure which way they should go. If it were my decision I'd play the 5 bowlers as it allows you to play Stuart Clark and one of Tait/Johnson. Good balanced side.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Perhaps you missed his 68 and 50 against the Poms last week.

Clarke will bat 6, but should be 4.

lockyno1

Post Whore
A tour match, yep great form guide! As for no4, um...remind me how he went at no4 in test cricket! Even the windies made him look pathetic and they ae rubbish in tests!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
lockyno1 said:
A tour match, yep great form guide! As for no4, um...remind me how he went at no4 in test cricket! Even the windies made him look pathetic and they ae rubbish in tests!
Better than Martyn and S Waugh at the same age.

3. Ponting
To attack and destroy
4. Clarke
To attack and destroy
5. Martyn
To provide a solid innings should 3 or 4 go cheaply
6. Hussey
To bat with the tail.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mr Angry said:
Better than Martyn and S Waugh at the same age.

3. Ponting
To attack and destroy
4. Clarke
To attack and destroy
5. Martyn
To provide a solid innings should 3 or 4 go cheaply
6. Hussey
To bat with the tail.

Clarke failed at no4, no thanks mate. He is not a test no4, his technique is too loose and as a result there are a lot of loose dismissals.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
geeez you have to be the most short sighted cricket watcher ever.

Clarke is our long term number 4. Martyn cannot play forever.

You would be the only person not to realise that.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mr Angry said:
geeez you have to be the most short sighted cricket watcher ever.

Clarke is our long term number 4. Martyn cannot play forever.

You would be the only person not to realise that.

Cosgrove or Birt will be no4 IMO. They both have better techniques than Clarke has. Clarke is a 5 or 6 IMO. Nothing higher.