What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharkies going, going...? (D/T)

Desert Qlder

First Grade
If the Central Coast Bears mob isn't watching this and getting their sh*t together then they are very foolish.

Ari Gold

Bench
Why not, you only have 10,000 fans, represent a very small geographical area and have no history.

You are the weakest link.

Two things....

1. How funny is it that the Sharks are being bailed out by St George (bank) :lol:

2. Surely the fact a successful team like the Sharks this year ran at a $1/2 million loss should once and for all shut people up - fans and media and players/managers - about the need to raise the salary cap - just to keep our pampered spoilt money-hungry professional athletes happy to still keep playing the game that made them stars and gave them a "market value" in the first place?

THERE'S JUST NO MONEY IN THE GAME PEOPLE. It is dying because of the greed for nonsense big contract deals that I trace back to when Joey and his manager Fordham held the Newcastle club hostage to extract absolute maximum coin no matter the cost, rather than just accept a fair and reasonable - and sustainable - offer.

Two words are responsible for the ridiculous payouts - superleague.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
Hey BrisVegas,

Your name says it all. Time to get that Queensland chip off that shoulder of yours.

I don't want to see ANY teams go under - Sydney based or not. ANY team that goes under is BAD for the game. But if the Sharks need to relocate to Adelaide then so be it.

Now a bit of a history lesson for you -

North Queensland - they would be broke and dead & buried if they weren't saved by their fairy god mother called News Limited.

Canberra - they would be broke and dead & buried if they weren't saved by their fairy god mother called News Limited.

Melbourne - if News Limited pulled out of the Storm tomorrow they would be dead.

Auckland Warriors - went broke. Had to be revived by a private consortium and had a name change to New Zealand Warriors.

Newcastle - have been cash-poor since their very existence and have gone close to being broke, and being bailed out by large community support and Wests (Newcastle) Leagues club.

Illawarra - broke.

The above are NOT Sydney teams. So the financial issues are not just a problem for Sydney clubs. Yes, the poker machine tax and smoking laws affect Sydney clubs right this minute, but let's not have hysterical Queenslanders death-ride Sydney teams the moment a bad story breaks. As you can see from my comments above, out of town teams have been in deep sh!t too.

So let's not have your bvllsh*t views about there being "no money in Sydney". Sydney is the biggest city in Australia and the financial and business capital of Australia. You are obviously a jealous Queenslander that has nothing better to do than go an a Sydney hate mission. Get rid of your Queensland inferiority complex.

As for the broncos, this is a club that has lived with a silver spoon in it's mouth since it's very existence. The Broncos have an unfair advantage over every team (Sydney and non-Sydney) in the comp. Fancy being the only team in a league-mad city of 2 million people? They tried to bring in the Crushers and the Broncos cried like sooks as soon as they had a bit of competition. The sooner we have a 2nd Brisbane team in the comp the better because a league-mad city of Brisbane deserves 2 teams. Brisbane can never proclaim to be the "League capital" if they can only field one football team in the comp.

And if Cronulla goes under well they have won zero comps and at least they are Super League team!

But seriously, I don’t want to seen ANY teams go under.

Last edited:
Anyone know where Jeffrey Eddleston is nowadays??

Surely he still has some cash? I'll never forget seeing him parading around with ET and then ringing his missus to say -

"Leanne, I just bought a Football team"

Well Jeffles, if you've still got any cash after the AMA tribunal got through with you and you spent your time in prison, you may now be able to have another crack.

their fairy god mother called News Limited.

Has anyone had a recent look at News Limited's situation?

I do, regularly and I can tell you that it ain't too hot right now. Newspaper circulation worldwide is rapidly going down the toilet. Couple that with the fact that this current financial crisis is about to hit advertising (the main source of Newspaper revenue) in a big way and I think that News will be in for a bumpy ride over the next couple of years. I wouldn't be surprised if they start looking at some of their less succesful revenue streams with a view to culling real soon.

cheese

Bench
represent a very small geographical area

lol fuggin idiot ....307 square kilometres and over 40 suburbs.

if you weren't such a poor westy merkin, you might have been able to afford the petrol to check it out for yourself rather than base your assumptions on what other poor petrolless merkins tell you.

Geographically, its an area that makes as much sense to have it's own team as any.

The sharks still have plenty of support, we just need to get through the kimmorley/anderson era. Fans were soured by it.

Now the f**kwit is gone, things will be on the up.

cb4

First Grade

if you weren't such a poor westy merkin, you might have been able to afford the petrol to check it out for yourself rather than base your assumptions on what other poor petrolless merkins tell you.

Geographically, its an area that makes as much sense to have it's own team as any.

The sharks still have plenty of support, we just need to get through the kimmorley/anderson era. Fans were soured by it.

nice post mate

cb4

First Grade

sorry double post

Last edited:
Where Cronulla are heading:

moz-screenshot.jpg
Toilet.jpg

Red Bear

Referee
Lol, Cronulla broke again? Who will bail them out this time and, more importantly, where can they bail to now we dont have two competitions.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Lol, Cronulla broke again? Who will bail them out this time and, more importantly, where can they bail to now we dont have two competitions.

If the alternative was the Bears coming back, I think Gallop would fund the Sharkies out of his own pocket.

she'll be right

i mean. souths lost about 4 million in the first Hac season. and 1 million this year.

i think its time we got into some recession proof industries.

joshreading

Staff member
The real concern is that we have not hit recession. If we did then there would likely be a down turn on nearly every front

dubby

Bench
Hey BrisVegas,

Your name says it all. Time to get that Queensland chip off that shoulder of yours.

I don't want to see ANY teams go under - Sydney based or not. ANY team that goes under is BAD for the game. But if the Sharks need to relocate to Adelaide then so be it.

Now a bit of a history lesson for you -

North Queensland - they would be broke and dead & buried if they weren't saved by their fairy god mother called News Limited.

Canberra - they would be broke and dead & buried if they weren't saved by their fairy god mother called News Limited.

Melbourne - if News Limited pulled out of the Storm tomorrow they would be dead.

Auckland Warriors - went broke. Had to be revived by a private consortium and had a name change to New Zealand Warriors.

Newcastle - have been cash-poor since their very existence and have gone close to being broke, and being bailed out by large community support and Wests (Newcastle) Leagues club.

Illawarra - broke.

The above are NOT Sydney teams. So the financial issues are not just a problem for Sydney clubs. Yes, the poker machine tax and smoking laws affect Sydney clubs right this minute, but let's not have hysterical Queenslanders death-ride Sydney teams the moment a bad story breaks. As you can see from my comments above, out of town teams have been in deep sh!t too.

So let's not have your bvllsh*t views about there being "no money in Sydney". Sydney is the biggest city in Australia and the financial and business capital of Australia. You are obviously a jealous Queenslander that has nothing better to do than go an a Sydney hate mission. Get rid of your Queensland inferiority complex.

As for the broncos, this is a club that has lived with a silver spoon in it's mouth since it's very existence. The Broncos have an unfair advantage over every team (Sydney and non-Sydney) in the comp. Fancy being the only team in a league-mad city of 2 million people? They tried to bring in the Crushers and the Broncos cried like sooks as soon as they had a bit of competition. The sooner we have a 2nd Brisbane team in the comp the better because a league-mad city of Brisbane deserves 2 teams. Brisbane can never proclaim to be the "League capital" if they can only field one football team in the comp.

And if Cronulla goes under well they have won zero comps and at least they are Super League team!

But seriously, I don’t want to seen ANY teams go under.

:lol:

You sir, have no idea.

Latest posts