What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks can be back in the hunt!

_Johnsy

Referee
It is good to see the Sharks restructuring their business model with the very prominent and succesful Tradies club at Gymea anxious to be involved with them. Tradies have been pursuing the Sharks for some time, the Sharks brand and professional image being much sought after.

Let me guess, with the sharks brilliant club minds all focused they prolonged the negotiations until they could get bottom dollar. How very Cronulla indeed.

Good on 'em for having a go, I hope they succeed. They've been around since 1967 and have produced some of the code's great players and do a good job at promotiing the game at a junior level. Despite a year from hell with injuries, coaching etc their fans have done a good job of sticking around.

But if changing economic/socio scenarios mean they can't stick long term in the shire, I'd like to see the the Shark brand revived in Qld or Perth.

20knights10

Juniors
Good on 'em for having a go, I hope they succeed. They've been around since 1967 and have produced some of the code's great players and do a good job at promotiing the game at a junior level. Despite a year from hell with injuries, coaching etc their fans have done a good job of sticking around.

But if changing economic/socio scenarios mean they can't stick long term in the shire, I'd like to see the the Shark brand revived in Qld or Perth.
Perth needs it's own identity for maximum success, not a relocated team. Besides I'd like to see the Sharks succeed right where they are. I'd even go as far as say I'd like to see then take out the premiership next year. Quite simply they are a thorn in the Stg/Ill side, or a literal pian in the gut, and will be as long as they stay there and that can't be a bad thing. :p

again... the NRL needs the Sharks brand but the NRL doesn't need Cronulla... when people realize this we will move forward with this dilemma very quickly and efficiently.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'm hoping they can be successful. The stronger each club is the stronger the code is as a whole.

This. Some idiots are stupid enough to want the Sharks to fold. A club folding doesn't do anyone any good. At the same time there is no realistic future for the Sharks in Cronulla. The quicker they decide to relocate the better for them and the rest of the NRL.

chefman21

Juniors
This. Some idiots are stupid enough to want the Sharks to fold. A club folding doesn't do anyone any good. At the same time there is no realistic future for the Sharks in Cronulla. The quicker they decide to relocate the better for them and the rest of the NRL.

Unless they win a comp. I dare say that there will be a fair few bandwagoners and "silent party" supporters who come out of the woodwork. They're a team that is hard to really hate, unless you are local rival.