What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks can be back in the hunt!

carcharias

Immortal
30 odd years I have been hearing about how the Sharks are gonna fold.

I love it ..year after year we come back .

meanwhile..in that time

dragons gone
Illawarra gone
wests gone
tigers gone
mariners gone
jets gone
perth gone
bears gone
Rams gone
crushers gone

even manly and souths were gone ..but got a rich merkin to bail them out.
did I miss any?

The Sharks are like AIDS ...you will never get rid of us.

Quigs

Immortal
Gold coast went too Carch ... was it the Seagulls. I think they might of even gone twice before the birth of the tits.

i quite enjoy the thought that our presence gives others in here the sh!ts.

Just like the Waltons on the mountain, we are all one big close and happy family.

Cheers
Quigs

_Johnsy

Referee
Gold coast went too Carch ... was it the Seagulls. I think they might of even gone twice before the birth of the tits.

i quite enjoy the thought that our presence gives others in here the sh!ts.

Just like the Waltons on the mountain, we are all one big close and happy family.

Cheers
Quigs

The Gold Coast "4th time luckies"

mrpwnd

Bench

meanwhile..in that time

dragons gone
Illawarra gone
wests gone
tigers gone
mariners gone
jets gone
perth gone
bears gone
Rams gone
crushers gone

did I miss any?

You're right, they're just as bad haha.

Jono1987

Juniors
yep and a slow and painful death as you see the thing you love gradually wither away in front of your eyes and are powerless to do anything about it.

Not to mention holding the game back in regards to the salary cap. How many times has Gallop mentioned that the salary cap is set to the amount that the club in the worst financial situation (Sharks) can afford.

Ausguy

Coach
Not to mention holding the game back in regards to the salary cap. How many times has Gallop mentioned that the salary cap is set to the amount that the club in the worst financial situation (Sharks) can afford.

How many times? Personally ive never heard him say that.

That is the stupidest thing ive ever read.

The cap is set at a limit to avoid clubs rich clubs from buying all the good players and turning the competition into the EPL. Its not set low to allow poorer clubs to achieve the maximum spend. The poorer clubs in some cases do not spend to the cap depending on contracts etc.

I love how the sharks dont spend the cap yet they are holding the game back and hurting other clubs and yet the storm are ok.

Jono if you are a dragons fan you should be pleased that the salary cap allows for severely backended contracts allowing clubs to sign test players for $1.50....

Get off the sharks back, just be pleased your club is not in our position. If they die a natural death so be it but get off the bandwagon.

WaznTheGreat

Referee

meanwhile..in that time

dragons gone
Illawarra gone
wests gone
tigers gone
mariners gone
jets gone
perth gone
bears gone
Rams gone
crushers gone

did I miss any?

Do you have AIDS?

BunniesMan

Immortal

The cap is set at a limit to avoid clubs rich clubs from buying all the good players and turning the competition into the EPL. Its not set low to allow poorer clubs to achieve the maximum spend. The poorer clubs in some cases do not spend to the cap depending on contracts etc.

I love how the sharks dont spend the cap yet they are holding the game back and hurting other clubs and yet the storm are ok.

Jono if you are a dragons fan you should be pleased that the salary cap allows for severely backended contracts allowing clubs to sign test players for $1.50....

Get off the sharks back, just be pleased your club is not in our position. If they die a natural death so be it but get off the bandwagon.

The cap exists so the rich clubs don't turn this into the EPL. The cap level is decided by what the poorest clubs can afford, and by poorest at this point, it means just Cronulla, and possibly Newcastle.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well Canberra and Manly cannot afford NSW teams, I think you will find it is not just one or two teams.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
There are alot of clubs that struggle to meet the cap, thats why the NRL want to have the grant the same as the salary cap.

Id say only Brisbane, Gold Coast, the Roosters, Melbourne and Canterbury would be able to spend significantly more then the $4.1 Million

BunniesMan

Immortal
There are alot of clubs that struggle to meet the cap, thats why the NRL want to have the grant the same as the salary cap.

Id say only Brisbane, Gold Coast, the Roosters, Melbourne and Canterbury would be able to spend significantly more then the $4.1 Million

I'd say the only profitable team in the NRL might be in that category too.

Jono1987

Juniors

I worded what I said poorly. ONE of the contributing factors in the salary cap being set at a limit is as you say to allow clubs across the competition a relatively equal chance in signing players. However that limit could be higher if clubs such as yours were in a better financial position. Your club doesn't spend the cap because you can not afford to do so.

bottle

Coach
I just don't get the hate-a-thon.
Hate a club to the point of wishing for their extinction. Hate a club to the point of wanting to deny their history & culture. Hate a club to the point of denying that any win comes from anything other than rorting or cheating. Hate a club so much that you hate their fans, ground, players, coach. Hate a club so much that you can't do anything but constantly troll and bait on an internet forum. How do people consumed by so much angst get on in the real world? Does this sh*t translate in some way into real life given that some seem so consumed with it on here?
Sure, I understand rivalries. Growing up in Sydney in the seventies I understand the 'We all hate Manly' thing. But how that gets transferred to people you don't know, unseen fans on the web, is beyond me. I can still give credit where it's due for success.
Surely part of the richness of the competition is having a variety of teams representing different regions, cultures, traditions. There's room for all in my comp. I wish the haters would f**k off and let those of us interested in the game discuss the game.
End of rant.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I just don't get the hate-a-thon.
Hate a club to the point of wishing for their extinction. Hate a club to the point of wanting to deny their history & culture. Hate a club to the point of denying that any win comes from anything other than rorting or cheating. Hate a club so much that you hate their fans, ground, players, coach. Hate a club so much that you can't do anything but constantly troll and bait on an internet forum. How do people consumed by so much angst get on in the real world? Does this sh*t translate in some way into real life given that some seem so consumed with it on here?
Sure, I understand rivalries. Growing up in Sydney in the seventies I understand the 'We all hate Manly' thing. But how that gets transferred to people you don't know, unseen fans on the web, is beyond me. I can still give credit where it's due for success.
Surely part of the richness of the competition is having a variety of teams representing different regions, cultures, traditions. There's room for all in my comp. I wish the haters would f**k off and let those of us interested in the game discuss the game.
End of rant.

No RL fan in their right mind wishes for extinction.