What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks cap superthread - latest: NRL clears Flanagan to assistant coach from 2020

Saxon

Bench
Paul Kent said straight up on NRL 360 last night that Cronulla were cheating the cap in their premiership year. Straight up said it on air....Now if that is definitely not true, as the NRL and Cronulla claim, they could litigate over a comment like that correct?
If it's not demonstrably true, then yes, they could sue for libel and defamation.
IF
Bet they won't sue though.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Paul Kent said straight up on NRL 360 last night that Cronulla were cheating the cap in their premiership year. Straight up said it on air....Now if that is definitely not true, as the NRL and Cronulla claim, they could litigate over a comment like that correct?

Who is buying a coffee for Kenty and Rothfield tomorrow for the LOLs...? :)

Vee

First Grade
The Sharkies Rivers of Gold development was mentioned on 360 tonight as struggling, the developer can't meet his payments and Sharks can't sue as he doesn't have the money even if they win.

Makes sense like everywhere else in the wake of the banking royal commission, loans are harder to get .

Genuine questions to Sharks fans - is it true and are there other factors slowing sales? Did that promised $10M or whatever it was come through?

The Sharkies Rivers of Gold development was mentioned on 360 tonight as struggling, the developer can't meet his payments and Sharks can't sue as he doesn't have the money even if they win.

Makes sense like everywhere else in the wake of the banking royal commission, loans are harder to get .

Genuine questions to Sharks fans - is it true and are there other factors slowing sales? Did that promised $10M or whatever it was come through?

Like everything else the club is involved in, it is a poorly managed shit fight.

The architect of the original transparent and reasonably lucrative development with fair outcomes for all parties was Damian Irvine. He was skewered and there have been several key players take it over. Since then the deal has gone underground, stalled, been re jigged, re optioned and re financed so many times now that no one knows what is going on. One FACT I do know is that there should be a shopping centre where the car park is- and there aint.

Vee

First Grade
Like everything else the club is involved in, it is a poorly managed shit fight.

The architect of the original transparent and reasonably lucrative development with fair outcomes for all parties was Damian Irvine. He was skewered and there have been several key players take it over. Since then the deal has gone underground, stalled, been re jigged, re optioned and re financed so many times now that no one knows what is going on. One FACT I do know is that there should be a shopping centre where the car park is- and there aint.
Again, not having a go but Sharks fans have gone so hard on this for so long about how bright your future was with the rivers of gold coming, it's passing strange that you're so quiet now.

Is it just the inevitable letdown of the salary cap investigation penalties being handed down? Is it all the other shit a procession of directors have pulled over so many years just worn you down? Is it the hard times ahead without the only honest man in rugby league? D) All of the above? E) Other factors? Battle fatigue? Or just a bit of R&R to regroup and get ready to fight again?

As a Cowboys fan, I went through a lot of bad times until Murray, Parr and Keefe stopped the hemorrhaging and started us on the right track.

I really feel for you guys after what these paul kents have put you through.

taipan

Referee
Who is buying a coffee for Kenty and Rothfield tomorrow for the LOLs...? :)

Coffee for Rothfield .are you serious? A 6 pack of the brown stuff more like it.
For Kenty ,a book on how to cope with anger management.And remind him the warm ole sun generally pops up each morning to put a smile on people's faces

Quicksilver

Bench
"I think Cronulla are very lucky to have hung on to it (the premiership)" - Paul Kent on 360 tonight

When the most trusted voice in Rugby League speaks, I listen.

Thank you for passing this on I Bleed Monthly.

I am very relieved that the NRL decided to be lenient with us, the same way that they were with the Andrew Gee debacle.

Latest posts