What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks captain Paul Gallen fined $10,000 for racist remarks at Micky Paea

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Mickey Paea, Mundine, Hodges and all other Colored people should grow some balls and stop being so ashamed of themselves and heritage,
The Mediterranean Descendants have moved on and are proud!,
the Mediterranean Descendants copped it for years but got over it, however, the blacks still can't get over this piss weak race issue,
Mundine the waanker supports war on christians, (farkin terrorist) and he wants gallen to get rubbed out of the game for calling someone black,
Good on you Gal, you have a few blacks to target on wednesdays SOO, they are even bigger merkins than Paea.

2lj6av4.jpg

You know, there are just some posts that need to be quoted before the author sobers up enough to edit his own drivel.

I agree racial vilification should be condemned either way.

But forgive me for not getting uptight about your personal situation, compared to that on an NRL field seeing as we're on a footy internet forum...

Re Hindmarsh (or let's say Gallen himself) as I said, if I came across the equivalent/reverse situation on the football field as we have with Gallen to Paea, I would condemn it equally all the same, and call for the same penalties/punishment as we have with Gallen.

fair comments, well said and well done two thumbs up to you

Rexxy

Coach
FMD well there ya go,i know you are having a go........but i never thought i would see the Dancehall Racketeers mentioned on these here boards......f**kEN AWESOME BAND !!!!!!!!

I have Allons New Orleans around here somehere on 45 (or whatever it was called) Saw them too ack in the late 80s. Poeple turning up in string ties and from what I remember the band they went Ok.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
willow

fair comment re the chk chk boom girl, well done
Quite frankly I think it's a load of fluff. I only read about it on the weekend after she was found out to be lying. I know they're selling but it's a story that I'll soon forget.
hillbillyjazzer1954 said:
regulatory role, i am a council ranger and have to police various acts and regulations
Council security officer?

Asking homeless people to move on?

Not a fun job I'm sure.

Do you ever call them "Black *****" or something similar? Perhaps out of ear shot?
have i got an axe to grind ....ahhh no i was just making a point that i get racially villified quite a few times a week by some of the aboriginal population and wanted to know if you people thought , this was as bad as what gallen is being tried in a kangaroo court for
Again, totally irrelevant to the subject matter in this thread.

And two wrongs don't make a right. By that reasoning, racism should be open slather.

You probably deal with down-and-outers on a weekly basis, correct? Probably mainly trained to enforce the law? You are making a judgment against people because they are aboriginal as much as they are making a judgment against you because you are white... and in a uniform. You are in authority, they are not. Excuse me for questioning any idea that you are the victim. The inequity is there.

No such inequity existed on the football field, therefore irrelevant. And a completely different situation to your personal experience.

a personal matter i dont think so, it does not worry me one way or the other if it worried me i would not be in the job i am, i have got more in my life to worry about than that
Well you brought it up, and did so to support racism on the football field. It has become the basis of your argument.

it has everything to do with the subject matter, you people are saying that calling someone a black so and so, is not on, and i agree with you
the point is that, me as a white australian gets called a white merkin regularly, are you going to jump up and down and say that some of the aboriginal population in Taree should be hounded and branded as racists
Are you sure it does not worry you 'one bit'?

Hillbilly, I don't know the people who are being racist towards you. You seem to be suggesting that is a wholesale response from a section of the Aboriginal community in Taree.

I'm happy to assist you in side-tracking the thread for a moment.

Why do you think so many of these people are vilifying you?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
No such inequity existed on the football field, therefore irrelevant.

except for the fact the low merkin was standing on Gallens hand & trying to break it deliberately.
Then he made up a bullshyte line to try & get out of the firing line when he knew he would be caught for being low merkin so he made up the story about being called a black low merkin.
Gloves were off at that point & Gallen was entitled to call him what ever he wanted to get under his skin.
Paea backed off because he knew what he did.
They shook hands & left the field. Thats where it should have ended.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
except for the fact the low merkin was standing on Gallens hand & trying to break it deliberately.
Then he made up a bullshyte line to try & get out of the firing line when he knew he would be caught for being low merkin so he made up the story about being called a black low merkin.
Gloves were off at that point & Gallen was entitled to call him what ever he wanted to get under his skin.
Breaking news...

Apparently Paea has just come out and said that Gallen misheard his comments.

He never said "You're a racist bastard". He actually said, "You're a spacey basket!"

So it was just a misunderstanding afterall.

I'm sure you'll join others in the happy knowledge that the black **** is now off the hook.

lockyrulz

Juniors

Nice story.

Could have used some elfs though.

Surely

Post Whore
Cronulla have to be more careful with regard to signings.

We have signed a ceo who accidently slaps woman from parra, a partner assaulter from newcastle, a sex maniac from newcastle and now a racist from parra, throw in a druggy from the dogs for good measure.

What we really need is a watmough, stewart, hunt, boyd, thaiday ,carney, maybe macdougall, gasnier gower and mason as well.

1. Stewart
2. Boyd
3. Gasnier
4. Macdougall
5. Simmons (c)
6. Hunt
7. Carney

8. Mason
9. Gower
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Bird

I need another prop, the 2nd winger was hard to select but i went for simmons as we need a respectable captain.

You can have Mason and O'Meley can be your prop in need.

Gallen stripped of the captaincy :lol: The grub needs to be rubbed out of the game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Cronulla Sharks to sack captain Paul Gallen after racial remarks
By Phil Rothfield
May 27, 2009
Paul Gallen will return home from State of Origin duties next week to be sacked as Cronulla's skipper.

The Daily Telegraph reports senior Sharks officials have already decided to strip Gallen of the captaincy but will wait until after the Origin game next Wednesday night to tell him to his face.

Gallen's alleged racial abuse of St George Illawarra forward Micky Paea last Saturday night on top of shocking previous indiscretions have convinced the club he is unfit to be captain.

The controversy spilt over into the Origin playing ranks with several Maroons stars voicing their disgust at his "black c..." remark to one of the most likeable and respected players in the game.

"It shouldn't be in the game," Queensland centre Greg Inglis said. "We don't want the game out of control. What if one of us calls a white player a 'white c...'."

Chief executive Tony Zappia will recommend Gallen's axing at a board meeting next Tuesday night and it is understood he already has boardroom support for the move.

A guarded chairman Barry Pierce said: "I'll obviously take on board what Tony Zappia says and I fully support the NRL in fining him $10,000."

The Sharks' reputation has taken an absolute hammering in recent weeks over the Four Corners revelation of the sex scandal in Christchurch, Brett Seymour's drunken escapade in the Cronulla mall, Gallen's abuse and their dire financial plight.

Sharks coach Ricky Stuart, who controversially appointed Gallen as captain two years ago over Brett Kimmorley, could not be contacted for comment.

But it is understood he has no serious objections to removing Gallen as captain and is keen to support any moves that will improve the Sharks' battered image and help attract a major sponsor to replace LG next year.

At this stage, no decision has been made on a new skipper but it is expected to rest between Trent Barrett, Reece Williams, Luke Covell or Luke Douglas.

clicky

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Daily Telegraph reports senior Sharks officials have already decided to strip Gallen of the captaincy but will wait until after the Origin game next Wednesday night to tell him to his face.

Lucky for the Sharks that Gallen can't read.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Cronulla have to be more careful with regard to signings.

We have signed a ceo who accidently slaps woman from parra, a partner assaulter from newcastle, a sex maniac from newcastle and now a racist from parra, throw in a druggy from the dogs for good measure.

What we really need is a watmough, stewart, hunt, boyd, thaiday ,carney, maybe macdougall, gasnier gower and mason as well.

1. Stewart
2. Boyd
3. Gasnier
4. Macdougall
5. Simmons (c)
6. Hunt
7. Carney

8. Mason
9. Gower
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Bird

I need another prop, the 2nd winger was hard to select but i went for simmons as we need a respectable captain.
Dane Tilse will do the job for you.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
No i don't actually Willow. I am still yet to hear Gallens side of the story, or still yet to hear Gallen say what everyone is going off half cocked about what he said.
Including the Sharks club it seems.

Enough 'proof' yet Craigshark?

adamkungl

Immortal
"It shouldn't be in the game," Queensland centre Greg Inglis said. "We don't want the game out of control. What if one of us calls a white player a 'white c...'."

a) I would expect the player wouldn't give a f**k
b) the public wouldn't give a f**k, if it even made the papers at all.