What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks captain Paul Gallen fined $10,000 for racist remarks at Micky Paea

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
It's still racist regardless of how you are brought up, or what you believe in. Racism is not accepted in todays society no matter what your excuse is.

Joker's Wild

Coach
How about this scenario?

What if Gallen, for example, really doesn't like black people. It might be his upbringing, religion, South African etc - but he genuinely doesn't like black people.

Wouldn't this be a defence to calling Eddie a BC? It's actually what he believes, what he really feels.

lol WTF?!!

rabbitohs

Juniors
How about this scenario?

What if Gallen, for example, really doesn't like black people. It might be his upbringing, religion, South African etc - but he genuinely doesn't like black people.

Wouldn't this be a defence to calling Eddie a BC? It's actually what he believes, what he really feels.

What if John, for example, really does like stealing. It might be his upbringing, religion, English etc. - but he genuinely likes stealing.

Wouldn't this be a defence to robbing your car? It's actually what he believes is right, what he really wants.

drake

First Grade
Brad Morrin should have argued he was raised a cannibal, and that the NRL was squashing his culture.

as i asked earlier how many people here think that the chk chk boom girl is funny

and here is a scenario for you all i live and work at Taree in a regulatory role numerous time a week i get called a white merkin or buji (i dont know if that is spelt right) by some of the aboriginal population up here are you people going to jump and down and hold a kangaroo court because a member of the white population gets racially villified numerous time a week and would you be carrying on like a childish mob if an aboriginal player called nathan hindmarsh a white merkin

now try to be honest people

Last edited:

Kiki

First Grade
How about this scenario?

what in the HELL?

bartman

Immortal
and here is a scenario for you all i live and work at Taree in a regulatory role numerous time a week i get called a white merkin or buji (i dont know if that is spelt right) by some of the aboriginal population up here are you people going to jump and down and hold a kangaroo court because a member of the white population gets racially villified
When that happens on an NRL field, let us know, and we'll make a judgment on the player concerned.

Likely that it will be the same judgement. That sh*t is just not on during an NRL match... which is what the Gallen situation is all about - not red herrings about chk chk boom or your work.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
as i asked earlier how many people here think that the chk chk boom girl is funny

and here is a scenario for you all i live and work at Taree in a regulatory role numerous time a week i get called a white merkin or buji (i dont know if that is spelt right) by some of the aboriginal population up here are you people going to jump and down and hold a kangaroo court because a member of the white population gets racially villified numerous time a week and would you be carrying on like a childish mob if an aboriginal player called nathan hindmarsh a white merkin

Actually you are very right. I have no good argument for that.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I think she's a dill.
hillbillyjazzer1954 said:
and here is a scenario for you all i live and work at Taree
Are we talking 'scenario', or a day in the life of a hillbilly racist?
in a regulatory role
You'll have to fill me in. Is that PC for casual employment or are you foreman material?
numerous time a week i get called a white merkin or buji (i dont know if that is spelt right) by some of the aboriginal population up here are you people going to jump and down and hold a kangaroo court because a member of the white population gets racially villified numerous time a week and would you be carrying on like a childish mob if an aboriginal player called nathan hindmarsh a white merkin
Sounds to me like you've got an axe to grind.

Try commas, they help.

OK... I have to be honest...

What you just said is a personal matter that you have to deal with, and very little to do with the subject matter.

Rexxy

Coach
lol. Funny on so many levels.

Gallen's side of the story is that he was misheard. So what do you think rhymes with "You're a black ****"
?

Tea Gardens/hawks Nest Punt

I thpught the new dancehall racketeers were ok... For about 30 seconds

WireMan

Bench

Honestly, its a disgrace and is racist, which ever way it is done, and should be treated the same.

I watched the game and you tell what Gallen had done straight away, you can tell by the reaction. The NRL are chickening out here, they make bans on players for tackles without complaints so they can act on this. I thought Paea handled it well afterwards, just saying leave it. I'm sure it will get "sorted" eventually, and the Dragons were doing well in the game and they could of lost focus.

Gallen should be banned for the rest of season.

willow

fair comment re the chk chk boom girl, well done

regulatory role, i am a council ranger and have to police various acts and regulations

have i got an axe to grind ....ahhh no i was just making a point that i get racially villified quite a few times a week by some of the aboriginal population and wanted to know if you people thought , this was as bad as what gallen is being tried in a kangaroo court for

a personal matter i dont think so, it does not worry me one way or the other if it worried me i would not be in the job i am, i have got more in my life to worry about than that

it has everything to do with the subject matter, you people are saying that calling someone a black so and so, is not on, and i agree with you
the point is that, me as a white australian gets called a white merkin regularly, are you going to jump up and down and say that some of the aboriginal population in Taree should be hounded and branded as racists

bartman

wether it is my situation or a known football player on the football field that gets racially villified, should not matter it is the same result

and as i said if an aboriginal player called nathan hindmarsh a white merkin would you people be trying him in a kangaroo court

Last edited:

maxpower3000

Juniors
Mickey Paea, Mundine, Hodges and all other Colored people should grow some balls and stop being so ashamed of themselves and heritage,
The Mediterranean Descendants have moved on and are proud!,
the Mediterranean Descendants copped it for years but got over it, however, the blacks still can't get over this piss weak race issue,
Mundine the waanker supports war on christians, (farkin terrorist) and he wants gallen to get rubbed out of the game for calling someone black,
Good on you Gal, you have a few blacks to target on wednesdays SOO, they are even bigger merkins than Paea.

2lj6av4.jpg

Tea Gardens/hawks Nest Punt

I thpught the new dancehall racketeers were ok... For about 30 seconds

FMD well there ya go,i know you are having a go........but i never thought i would see the Dancehall Racketeers mentioned on these here boards......f**kEN AWESOME BAND !!!!!!!!

bartman

Immortal
bartman

wether it is my situation or a known football player on the football field that gets racially villified, should not matter it is the same result

and as i said if an aboriginal player called nathan hindmarsh a white merkin would you people be trying him in a kangaroo court
I agree racial vilification should be condemned either way.

But forgive me for not getting uptight about your personal situation, compared to that on an NRL field seeing as we're on a footy internet forum...

Re Hindmarsh (or let's say Gallen himself) as I said, if I came across the equivalent/reverse situation on the football field as we have with Gallen to Paea, I would condemn it equally all the same, and call for the same penalties/punishment as we have with Gallen.