What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks captain Paul Gallen fined $10,000 for racist remarks at Micky Paea

Sleep

Juniors
There's no defense for what Gallen did. Even if Paea stood on his hand, it's something Gallen is known for doing purposely and repeatedly. I remember seeing him doing it plenty of times.

He's a grub. Look at his track record. He's got a reputation because of it. He's lucky he's got off as lightly as he has. They need to come down on him hard and make him realise he can't keep up with the sh*t he pulls.

adamkungl

Immortal
There's no defense for what Gallen did. Even if Paea stood on his hand, it's something Gallen is known for doing purposely and repeatedly. I remember seeing him doing it plenty of times.

He's a grub. Look at his track record. He's got a reputation because of it. He's lucky he's got off as lightly as he has. They need to come down on him hard and make him realise he can't keep up with the sh*t he pulls.

Gallen has purposely and repeatedly called opposition players black merkins?

hutch

First Grade

what a load of sh*t.

Quite frankly I think it's a load of fluff. I only read about it on the weekend after she was found out to be lying. I know they're selling but it's a story that I'll soon forget.
Council security officer?

Asking homeless people to move on?

Not a fun job I'm sure.

Do you ever call them "Black *****" or something similar? Perhaps out of ear shot?
Again, totally irrelevant to the subject matter in this thread.

And two wrongs don't make a right. By that reasoning, racism should be open slather.

You probably deal with down-and-outers on a weekly basis, correct? Probably mainly trained to enforce the law? You are making a judgment against people because they are aboriginal as much as they are making a judgment against you because you are white... and in a uniform. You are in authority, they are not. Excuse me for questioning any idea that you are the victim. The inequity is there.

No such inequity existed on the football field, therefore irrelevant. And a completely different situation to your personal experience.

Well you brought it up, and did so to support racism on the football field. It has become the basis of your argument.

Are you sure it does not worry you 'one bit'?

Hillbilly, I don't know the people who are being racist towards you. You seem to be suggesting that is a wholesale response from a section of the Aboriginal community in Taree.

I'm happy to assist you in side-tracking the thread for a moment.

Why do you think so many of these people are vilifying you?

willow

council security, ahh no i am a council ranger aking homeless people to move on is a police matter, i deal with animal control, pollution matters and various other acts and regulations

do i ever call them black merkins out of earshot?, no i dont

do i deal with down and outers?, ahh no wrong again, i do deal with various people from different socio economic and ethnic backgrounds, but the true down and out people are looked after by various other government departments

do i make judgements about people because they are aboriginal? when i go to a job, no i dont, i am more proffessional then that i go into every situation with an open mind, and that is why a fair pecentage of the aboriginal population up here, will say gday and have a talk when they see me on foot

the next part got me.......so because i am in uniform and an authority figure, you are saying that it is ok for some of the aboriginal population to call me a white merkin because there is a percieved inequity there, but after gallens hand got stomped on (wether on purpose or accidently) it is not ok for gallen to maybe, possibly call paea a black merkin (remember there is still no definite audio as to what was said)

fair enough there is no inequity on the football field

does it worry me one bit?,, no it dosent as i said before if it worried me, i would not be doing the job i am,
if i worried everytime i got called a name i would deadset give it up

why are people villifying me?, probarbly because they open their mouths before the brain is in gear due to anger

now back to my original argument, the reason i posted my first post was to show people how dumb they were being by calling gallen a racist grub when there was no proof as to what was said, remember there is still nothing definite as to what was said all the media , the sharks and the nrl have been using words like "alleged" and phrases like the daily telegraph understands"........maybe i should have been more direct with my first post, but what the hey it backfired, i will cop that

shark_fin_soup

Juniors
i think the world is getting a bit too sensitive. these footy players get bashed for 80 minutes with no problems, yet two words like black c... has people crying. people need to grow a pair or lighten up a little.

i've been called worst yet im not bothered by what someone thinks of me, because most of the time, the person saying the insult is a lowlife f...wit whos not worth caring about really.

Parra

Referee
i think the world is getting a bit too sensitive. these footy players get bashed for 80 minutes with no problems, yet two words like black c... has people crying. people need to grow a pair or lighten up a little.

i've been called worst yet im not bothered by what someone thinks of me, because most of the time, the person saying the insult is a lowlife f...wit whos not worth caring about really.

That's exactly what Paea said.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i cant believe people are still trying to justify it by say Paea stood on his hands
Paea stood up at marker, he was looking forward, not down, if he trod on Gallen's hand it was absolutely accidently and any rational bloke would have know that
i played footy for 10 years plus when i was a youngster, probably had my hand stepped on 1000 times, never once did i feel the need to resort to racism.

Kiki

First Grade
Love ur work raider. In this and the other stupidly long thread.well said all around!

ramble_on

Juniors
i cant believe people are still trying to justify it by say Paea stood on his hands
Paea stood up at marker, he was looking forward, not down, if he trod on Gallen's hand it was absolutely accidently and any rational bloke would have know that
i played footy for 10 years plus when i was a youngster, probably had my hand stepped on 1000 times, never once did i feel the need to resort to racism.

It's quite possible that the reason Paea stopped taking it further was that once he saw the replay he realised that he was in fact standing on Gallen's hand, and accepted that it was a heat of the moment reaction from Gallen. Now I'm not saying this is in fact what happened, just possible. I'm also not saying this gives Gallen just cause to say what he is alleged to have said, however it is easy for anybody to say things they normally wouldn't in times of extreme pain. But assuming it is exactly what he said in the circumstances it does not prove one bit that he is a racist....

fair enough if you believe that, as i said in my last post it may have been accidental, but then again it might not have been........but he was not standing up and looking straight ahead, if you have a look at a pic earlier on in this thread he was hunched over gallens back and possibly looking down at the ground to where gallens hand was

and as i said in my last post, back to my original point, nobody knows what was said by gallen there is no audio and even the papers, the sharks and the nrl have been using the word alleged, there is nothing definite and yet some people on this board are saying that without a shadow of a doubt gallen called paea a black merkin and is a racist grub

if it did happen i am not trying to justify it withe the hand stomp (whether it was accidental or not) but try to take off your gallen hate glasses and open your mind that there just may be two sides to the story

Last edited:
It's quite possible that the reason Paea stopped taking it further was that once he saw the replay he realised that he was in fact standing on Gallen's hand, and accepted that it was a heat of the moment reaction from Gallen. Now I'm not saying this is in fact what happened, just possible. I'm also not saying this gives Gallen just cause to say what he is alleged to have said, however it is easy for anybody to say things they normally wouldn't in times of extreme pain. But assuming it is exactly what he said in the circumstances it does not prove one bit that he is a racist....

:clap::clap::clap: finally some common sense, well done

fatshark

Bench
Anyone watched any Toyota cup games this year live on telley? f**k me every second word is "f**king".

:lol: @ sharks fans still trying to defend him.

if you are reffering to me :lol::lol::lol:.......i dont support the sharks

ok lets try to be blunt to see if the penny drops

by you and oher people saying that gallen is a racist grub witout a shadow of a doubt.....when there is no absolute proof as to what was said.......you are doing exactly what you are up in arms about.......you are villifying him

i have not checked the footy show thread yet.......but i notice that nobody in this thread has posted that wendall sailor last night said that gallen is not a racist.......so where does that leave the arguments that he is a racist grub

Surely

Post Whore
LOL at the notion that taking offence to Gallen calling someone a black cu*t is being PC.

Of course it is, if I was to call you a geniused merkin I'd not be politically correct however those that take offence at the word black merkin probably use the term geniused merkin themselves.

Might be a few geniuss take offence at that.