What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks captain Paul Gallen fined $10,000 for racist remarks at Micky Paea

Nice one. Applauding somebody who has demonstrated no knowledge of the meaning of "natural justice". Do they have a separate (non-)education system in The Shire?

:lol::lol::lol:...as i have said before, i am not a cronulla supporter

but just for you to make you feel bigger.....oh my god, you got me good i am so upset, i will have to drink copious amounts of alchohol and watch the two footy matches this arvo to get over it

jeez between you and stormchaser my liver has copped a hiding over the last few days :lol::lol:

Sam I Am

Juniors
I note that you don't actually admit you were wrong about the point in question: natural justice.

sass

Juniors
stop talking sense.

The same people in here use the term redneck...as in "he's a redneck racist".

redneck refers directly to the colour of a persons skin and has obvious ulterior meanings....
yet they claim to have never made a racist comment.

um, redneck has nothing to do with race. it has to do with socio-economic status and education.

as in you get a sunburnt neck from bending over farming in the fields. anyone can be a redneck. it's based on white people because back then all the blacks in america were slaves: they don't have education brackets when you're a chattel.

this thread is getting ridic.

ramble_on

Juniors
um, redneck has nothing to do with race. it has to do with socio-economic status and education.

as in you get a sunburnt neck from bending over farming in the fields. anyone can be a redneck. it's based on white people because back then all the blacks in america were slaves: they don't have education brackets when you're a chattel.

this thread is getting ridic.

So you're saying that a redneck is a lesser human being..??

Kiki

First Grade
keep painting, you are getting closer to that corner

so you are saying that gallen is a racist grub because he possibly (remember there is no definite evidence as to what was said) called paea a black merkin, but, it is ok for diggers to use racist terms, because what they went through was sixty years ago

lolz when did i ever say 'gallen is a racist grub'?? pls find me that post.

and yes, Australia was a different place 60 years ago. Aboriginal people weren't even allowed to vote. to compare someones actions in 2009 on a FOOTBALL FIELD compared to people who you know, fought for their country is so massively offensive.

fairly sure Gallen has never fought for Australia against Tongans. if he went off and fought this war and i missed it, someone please enlighten me.

also lolz at 'natural justice'. Gallen isn't in being held in jail on a false charge. he got got picked for the Origin team for chrissake. some of you are such drama queens.

Last edited:
lolz when did i ever say 'gallen is a racist grub'?? pls find me that post.

and yes, Australia was a different place 60 years ago. Aboriginal people weren't even allowed to vote. to compare someones actions in 2009 on a FOOTBALL FIELD compared to people who you know, fought for their country is so massively offensive.

fairly sure Gallen has never fought for Australia against Tongans. if he went off and fought this war and i missed it, someone please enlighten me.

also lolz at 'natural justice'. Gallen isn't in being held in jail on a false charge. he got got picked for the Origin team for chrissake. some of you are such drama queens.

fair point re the highlighted part, this has gone on for so many pages, the posts get muddied

but as i said keep painting, you are insinuating that people who fought in the war, and nowadays use racist terms are not racists because australia was a different place sixty years ago, but gallen is a racist because he possibly (remember there is no definite proof as to what was said) called paea a black merkin

i am not trying to crucify diggers, just trying to point out that you cannot have it both ways

as for justice, of course gallen has not had natural justice, he has been tried and branded as aracist grub by people on this board, he has been fined $10,000, by the NRL and stripped of his captaincy without being asked to hear his side of the story in front of a judiciary

put yourself in the same situation, and have people label you, recieve a $10,000 dollar fine, and be sacked from your job, before you have had a chance to defend yourself

Sam I Am

Juniors
as for justice, of course gallen has not had natural justice, he has been tried and branded as aracist grub by people on this board, he has been fined $10,000, by the NRL and stripped of his captaincy without being asked to hear his side of the story in front of a judiciary

Again you misuse the term "natural justice". Get a clue before using terms you don't understand. Have a look at post 597.

Last edited:

sass

Juniors
but it IS different mate. I don't aprove of racism, but when my grandparents - because they have - say something I think is racist, I understand how they think that way.

I feel sorry for them because they come from a different era. they grew up in a world of institutionalised racism. they had family who knew or supported the white australia policy. they lived in a world where aboriginals couldn't vote and weren't even included as HUMAN BEINGS in the census.

bottom line: they started from a disadvantage.

and that's extra true for people who went through a traumatic event like a war. I feel sorry for current soldiers who come home bitter and confused from iraq in the same way.

but aussies who grow up in a multicultural society like ours, playing with all different ehtnicities .... they get no sympathy from me. and if they didn't know better before the gallen incident, they should know better now.

comparing gallen on a footy field to 1940s soldiers being shot at is ridiculous like woah.

EXACTLY sassy.

its all about context.

bloody hell, what a load of crap

it does not matter what the context or what the situation is, you cannot have it both ways

ok lets try this to see if the penny drops

if i am walking down the road and i see an aboriginal person and i call him a black merkin, i am a racist, but if a digger is walking down the road and calls an aboriginal a black merkin in your mind he is not a racist because he grew up in a different era

that is pretty f**ked up thinking, if you honestly believe that

shinobi

Juniors
bloody hell, what a load of crap

it does not matter what the context or what the situation is, you cannot have it both ways

ok lets try this to see if the penny drops

if i am walking down the road and i see an aboriginal person and i call him a black merkin, i am a racist, but if a digger is walking down the road and calls an aboriginal a black merkin in your mind he is not a racist because he grew up in a different era

that is pretty f**ked up thinking, if you honestly believe that

Youre right different eras or whatever doesnt change the fact its racism whether its something that got drilled into you from a young age. Most people learn it from their parents anyways i know my parents say racist things and i can admit to have repeated those exact same sentiments on occasions doesnt make it anyless racist.

Latest posts