What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks captain Paul Gallen fined $10,000 for racist remarks at Micky Paea

sass

Juniors
bloody hell, what a load of crap

it does not matter what the context or what the situation is, you cannot have it both ways

ok lets try this to see if the penny drops

if i am walking down the road and i see an aboriginal person and i call him a black merkin, i am a racist, but if a digger is walking down the road and calls an aboriginal a black merkin in your mind he is not a racist because he grew up in a different era

that is pretty f**ked up thinking, if you honestly believe that

there's no point arguing about this if you're gonna keep moving the goal posts. first it was anzacs, then it was soldiers in ww2, now it's diggers in the street in 2009.

no one even brought up the anzacs but you. seriously what are you trying to prove? if it's that what gallen said is racist ... we were all already there.

Was not Sam a person with am intellectual Disability. Guess it runs with the name.

Listen Knob jockey, use all the bullshyte you like. Natural Justice aside if that calms down your menstrual cycle, FAIRNESS, means Gallen should have fronted a hearing to answer a charge. Just like any player who breaks the rules.

To fine anyone, without fully investigating the accusation and providing them the opportunity to either admit guilt or refute it, is UNFAIR and therefore UNJUST.

Now wait a few days until your cycle passes then reply.

Actually, better still get off your high horse and maybe gain some common sense.

Farkin wanker

Last edited:

Sam I Am

Juniors
Was not Sam a person with am intellectual Disability. Guess it runs with the name.

Listen Knob jockey, use all the bullshyte you like. Natural Justice aside if that calms down your menstrual cycle, FAIRNESS, means Gallen should have fronted a hearing to answer a charge. Just like any player who breaks the rules.

To fine anyone, without fully investigating the accusation and providing them the opportunity to either admit guilt or refute it, is UNFAIR and therefore UNJUST.

Now wait a few days until your cycle passes then reply.

Actually, better still get off your high horse and maybe gain some common sense.

Farkin wanker

Touchy, aren't you? You're the one who has decided to misuse a legal term with a particular meaning. You've been called on it. Deal with it. I suppose the fact that you have to resort to abuse makes you feel better about being called on your own ignorance. So be it.

caylo

Bench
probably?

fug me !!!!!!

I will give you points for that at least.

everybody is racist.

Remeber when i was younger... I am not racist at all. Not only can I not afford to be, but I experianced life outside of the western suburbs and find it easy to get along with alot of other people from different cultures.

I have so many Indian/Sir Lankan and Asian friends, I was going out with a russian girl plus I have met alot of eastern and Metropolitan Europeans. There are about 20 canadian people in my degree. Once you take off the binkers it is very easy to get along with alot of people. All our cultures are very similar, oh and Yes I have many "white" friends aswell.

there's no point arguing about this if you're gonna keep moving the goal posts. first it was anzacs, then it was soldiers in ww2, now it's diggers in the street in 2009.

no one even brought up the anzacs but you. seriously what are you trying to prove? if it's that what gallen said is racist ... we were all already there.

hang on a sec, i did not bring the anzacs into this, ramble on did, re the highlighted part above i am not trying to prove that gallen is a racist if you read back through this thread you will see this,

back on page 40 kiki posted this gem

and even if they do use words like nip and whatever....the war ended 64 years ago. times have changed. also, i would probably take a racist remark coming from them in my stride considering Japan tried to u know, invade our country. they were actual mortal enemies, not playing for an opposing footy team.

i was basing my argument on this comment and using an example to prove that you cannot have it both ways

Sam do you realise you look like a complete idiot? Do you come into a forum and sprout all you expert knowledge to make useless points because it makes you feel like a big man? Well big man, it does not work that way. You just look like a know it all and no one likes a know it all.

Grow a brain and remember where you are. It's a football forum dickhead

Last edited:

sass

Juniors
hang on a sec, i did not bring the anzacs into this, ramble on did, re the highlighted part above i am not trying to prove that gallen is a racist if you read back through this thread you will see this,

back on page 40 kiki posted this gem

and even if they do use words like nip and whatever....the war ended 64 years ago. times have changed. also, i would probably take a racist remark coming from them in my stride considering Japan tried to u know, invade our country. they were actual mortal enemies, not playing for an opposing footy team.

i was basing my argument on this comment and using an example to prove that you cannot have it both ways

you know I did actually forget ramble on brought it up! my point is the same though .... the whole war analogy is totally irrelevant.

it's like saying because old people think girls shouldn't wear pants, or shouldn't go outside without gloves, then that makes them sexist or something. they're just from another time, and I get that. it affects how they view the world.

I view their opinions differently to if one of you dudes marched up to me and told be to buton my shirt up and put on a demure dress instead of jeans.

it's not having it both ways: it's just that different people have different standards. and when that's a product of their time (70 years is a long time, after all) and their circumstances, then it makes sense to understand that.

it doesn't mean you agree with what they're saying. I don't get mad about what my grandparents say because arguing with them is fruitless. I just try and really gently introduce them to my awesome friends from overseas or different backgrounds.

but gallen's in his 20s and living in one of the most multicultural cities in australia, playing with multiple ethnicities.

ramble on has turned this into a ridiculous argument about something that has nothing to do with anything. he didn't even get his history right (about the ANZACs fighting based on race).

you know I did actually forget ramble on brought it up! my point is the same though .... the whole war analogy is totally irrelevant.

it's like saying because old people think girls shouldn't wear pants, or shouldn't go outside without gloves, then that makes them sexist or something. they're just from another time, and I get that. it affects how they view the world.

I view their opinions differently to if one of you dudes marched up to me and told be to buton my shirt up and put on a demure dress instead of jeans.

it's not having it both ways: it's just that different people have different standards. and when that's a product of their time (70 years is a long time, after all) and their circumstances, then it makes sense to understand that.

it doesn't mean you agree with what they're saying. I don't get mad about what my grandparents say because arguing with them is fruitless. I just try and really gently introduce them to my awesome friends from overseas or different backgrounds.

but gallen's in his 20s and living in one of the most multicultural cities in australia, playing with multiple ethnicities.

ramble on has turned this into a ridiculous argument about something that has nothing to do with anything. he didn't even get his history right (about the ANZACs fighting based on race).

bloody hell, if you cannot grasp my point, re double standards when it comes to the topic of this thread i deadset give up, it no use debating the point with you

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
um, redneck has nothing to do with race. it has to do with socio-economic status and education.

as in you get a sunburnt neck from bending over farming in the fields. anyone can be a redneck. it's based on white people because back then all the blacks in america were slaves: they don't have education brackets when you're a chattel.

this thread is getting ridic.

I am married to a yank ..I know the history.

I also know exactly what it means when said here.

It is racist.

Sam I Am

Juniors
Sam do you realise you look like a complete idiot? Do you come into a forum and sprout all you expert knowledge to make useless points because it makes you feel like a big man? Well big man, it does not work that way. You just look like a know it all and no one likes a know it all.

Grow a brain and remember where you are. It's a football forum dickhead

And you wonder why people think League fans are a bunch of deadbeats.

ramble_on

Juniors
but it IS different mate. I don't aprove of racism, but when my grandparents - because they have - say something I think is racist, I understand how they think that way.

I feel sorry for them because they come from a different era. they grew up in a world of institutionalised racism. they had family who knew or supported the white australia policy. they lived in a world where aboriginals couldn't vote and weren't even included as HUMAN BEINGS in the census.

bottom line: they started from a disadvantage.

and that's extra true for people who went through a traumatic event like a war. I feel sorry for current soldiers who come home bitter and confused from iraq in the same way.

but aussies who grow up in a multicultural society like ours, playing with all different ehtnicities .... they get no sympathy from me. and if they didn't know better before the gallen incident, they should know better now.

comparing gallen on a footy field to 1940s soldiers being shot at is ridiculous like woah.

I feel sorry for you.... you think Gallen is racist probably means you agree with the Indian political accusations that Australia is a racist country as a whole.... I'd look forward to the day when you f**king idiots realise what racism really is...... except it'll be the end of what we like to call freedom.....

Sam I Am

Juniors
I feel sorry for you.... you think Gallen is racist probably means you agree with the Indian political accusations that Australia is a racist country as a whole.... I'd look forward to the day when you f**king idiots realise what racism really is...... except it'll be the end of what we like to call freedom.....

Enlighten us. What is racism really?