What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks cheating the Salary Cap?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bit hypocritical isn't it? Feel sorry for the fans but I don't remember such sympathy for storm and bulldogs clubs? Plenty of calls to boot them. This COULD be twice as worse with salary cap and drug cheating by a club.

People are going on like the sharks are victims?

sydraider

First Grade
What exactly should they be doing? From the outset they have said they will comply with, and assist the investigation. That's all they can do ffs!

Exactly. Traitors will always be Traitors (although I suspect the Cowpats have changed their ways and are now legit).

A farcical investigation at best, its a joke if you cant see that then theres no hope, just another incompitent govt organisation.
All they have so far is testimony from a dog who is just covering his ass, theres no positive test results we know about, actually theres not much.

The so called commission acting idly while this is happening is farcical. Demetriou is a merkin but at least he sticks up for his game.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Bit hypocritical isn't it? Feel sorry for the fans but I don't remember such sympathy for storm and bulldogs clubs? Plenty of calls to boot them. This COULD be twice as worse with salary cap and drug cheating by a club.

Because bulldogs and Melbourne were successful. Sharks are perennial losers. Hard to hate when the cheating didn't work.

Loudstrat

Coach
There are no positive test results because there is no testing available for peptides you f*cking gronk!

If there is no evidence, and nothing happened, explain why Cronulla are imploding.

sydraider

First Grade
Because the Board is weak as piss, they have been a chook raffle run club for years and an easy target for such a bullroar investigation. So tell me this, 6 clubs were named, why is it the sharks are the only one in the shit for now? I refer to original answer.

sydraider

First Grade
If theres no testing available then how does this asada prosecute?

Last I heard with any legal system, you are innocent until proven guilty and then to be proven guilty you need evidence

All the evidence they have is with the merkin who is now at parramatta, the dog who is covering his own ass.

firechild

First Grade
twice as worse

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
If theres no testing available then how does this asada prosecute?

Last I heard with any legal system, you are innocent until proven guilty and then to be proven guilty you need evidence

All the evidence they have is with the merkin who is now at parramatta, the dog who is covering his own ass.

Why is someone telling the truth of what happened a dog? Is the whistle blower who dobbed Melbourne in for salary cap cheating a dog? If cronulla have doped their players then they should have the fckng kitchen sink thrown at them. If evidence is there they will deserve what they get, if they have done nothing wrong they have nothing to worry about. Given the club's actions and reactions so far it doesn't look like they think they have done nothing wrong!

Loudstrat

Coach

Its a good point. I think the public opinion is with the players because the evidence is in the public domain. That, and the paranoia whipped up by Gould et al.

There is also the real spectre of the club folding because of this - therefore there is sympathy for Sharks fans. I suspect this sympathy will be the last thing standing - if the salary cap cheating is significant, and the drugs case is revealed, sympathy for the club will dissapear quicker than Harold Holt.

Because bulldogs and Melbourne were successful. Sharks are perennial losers. Hard to hate when the cheating didn't work.
Never as much sympathy for Souths though.

Loudstrat

Coach
Why is someone telling the truth of what happened a dog? Is the whistle blower who dobbed Melbourne in for salary cap cheating a dog? If cronulla have doped their players then they should have the fckng kitchen sink thrown at them. If evidence is there they will deserve what they get, if they have done nothing wrong they have nothing to worry about. Given the club's actions and reactions so far it doesn't look like they think they have done nothing wrong!

Sydraider supports performance enhancing drug use in sport.

I agree with this - especially one thing. The shock of it all has stalled public reaction, but if the players took PED's - punt them. If the coaching and medical staff knew - punt them - and strip their qualifications where relevent. If the board were complicit in organising salary cap breaches, sack them. And if all three are true - punt the club. Quite simply, there will be nothing clean within the organisation from which to start again.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I live with a Sharks fan so I've seen first hand how devestating this situation is. Very disappointing for fans but just another chapter in a disastrous story for the club itself since Sewer League. After Melbourne, Canterbury, New Zealand, Brisbane, Canberra and now Cronulla have all had issues with deliberate salary cap breaches, seems just a matter of time before Penrith and North Queensland follow the same path.

Let's just wait and see how clean your club is before you start slingin mud fella.

sydraider

First Grade

So why should the dog get off scott free? He was part of it too and should be subject to the same hearsay and conjecture kangaroo court this agency is running.

I have a feeling Perth Red, that maybe, just maybe you want it to get worse for the sharks so they are totally run out of the game, vested interests perhaps, oh maybe a new team in perth if so.

Anyhows they should investigate parra next, only illegal substances could get Sandow that fit and that quick ;)

firechild

First Grade
Let's just wait and see how clean your club is before you start slingin mud fella.

Geez, no need to get so defensive. It was just an opportune stab at Sewer League. I don't actually mind either Penrith or NQ. I can't say the same for the remaider of the SL clubs with the exception of NZ.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He shouldn't and if he is part of it he will be punted from the game and never get another position in RL.

Your feeling is wrong, I have said more times than I can remember that when we get in I want it to be on our merit and because the NRL believes we will ADD to the comp. I have massive sympathy for he Sharks fans but will have no sympathy for the club if found to be guilty, what the arlc decide to do about that will be up to them.

sydraider

First Grade
Fair enough

I will not put my support however to an investigation lead by a sports minister looking to make himself look good and more than likely using this platform to cover up another masssive f**k up by this tits on a bull govt

M2D2

Bench
I hated SL and im a sharks member, so i dont blame you at all Firechild. :lol:

Loudstrat

Coach
Fair enough

I will not put my support however to an investigation lead by a sports minister looking to make himself look good and more than likely using this platform to cover up another masssive f**k up by this tits on a bull govt
Yet you condone drug use in sport and organised crime fixing matches. Nice priorities...........