What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks coach to Dragons

J.moz

Juniors
Would be a deal that needs to be done on both sides coach needs a strong club with the support of win corporation and dragons a young grandfinal coach with plenty of finals experience .A perfect match after next season both mary and shane off contract.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Would be a deal that needs to be done on both sides coach needs a strong club with the support of win corporation and dragons a young grandfinal coach with plenty of finals experience .A perfect match after next season both mary and shane off contract.
I would be happy with Flanno, but I recall reading the other day that Cronulla were in the process of extending his contract.

dannyt

Coach
Interesting concept.

Flanno seems to be a thoroughly unlikable person who has had success and has a clue on how to coach FG.

mary seems to be a top bloke with no success and NFI on how to coach FG.

I can't stand either, so I'd go with the former. The coach will be hated in both scenarios, but at least we have a better chance of consoling with success.

ouryears

Bench
Interesting concept.

Flanno seems to be a thoroughly unlikable person who has had success and has a clue on how to coach FG.

I can't stand either, so I'd go with the former. The coach will be hated in both scenarios, but at least we have a better chance of consoling with success.
Flanno is a wanker
I would prefer to wait till a non wanker was available
Plus we have a no dick head policy at our club
Counts flanno out
Short memories about peptides too guys

ouryears

Bench
Comparison with mary, not first choice coach.

Regarding the NDP, how do you explain mary?
Ha ha, true Dannyt
The NDP does not apply to Mary because the board believe no old boy could possibly be a DH
He got us to 6th position
The board think this is AWESOME
Sad but true

possm

Coach
I can't see Flanno even wanting to move to the Dragons; why would he?

Unfortunately, id Doust does not get Bennett the three other possible options are:

1. Mary to get an extension
  2. Dean Young to be our next head coach in 2020
  3. Millward to add head coach to his other current titles

dannyt

Coach

Unfortunately, id Doust does not get Bennett the three other possible options are:

Probably not. A theoretical argument. Flanno or mary? No other choice.

I'd take the competent one.

PS. That's NOT mary

TruSaint

Referee
Hate Cronulla. Dont hate Flanno.

He's welcome. I just dont know enough about his suspension for 12 months following the supplements scandal. Was he cleared ?

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Interesting concept.

Very good assessment there, 'dannyt'.

Flanagan is the modern day Bellyache.
A person, who without saying a word, can be disliked immensely.
I guess l'd rather a sh!thead who can coach than a sh!thead who can't.

BLM01

First Grade
Yeh..not sold on Flanno. But for us OK, I know he does not accept mediocrity form from his players. But he might bring Dugan back with him. Did Dugan play half the games this year with em for his 800K, if so only just.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Yeh..not sold on Flanno. But for us OK, I know he does not accept mediocrity form from his players. But he might bring Dugan back with him. Did Dugan play half the games this year with em for his 800K, if so only just.
Dugan played 14 games for Cronulla this year.

JDHD

Juniors
Hate Cronulla. Dont hate Flanno.

He's welcome. I just dont know enough about his suspension for 12 months following the supplements scandal. Was he cleared ?

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/cr...l-as-club-fined-1-million-20131217-2ziag.html

“Flanagan has been suspended for a year for failing to properly supervise Elkin and failing to act appropriately when he learnt of changes to the supplements regime.”

He basically took the Shaggy defence (ie It wasn’t me) but was found to have been involved.

My position is this guy was head coach at the time when his players received cell growth hormones. He either knew nothing, in which case he’s incompetent, or he knew everything, in which case he’s a cheat. Don’t want him anywhere near this club.

TruSaint

Referee
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/cr...l-as-club-fined-1-million-20131217-2ziag.html

“Flanagan has been suspended for a year for failing to properly supervise Elkin and failing to act appropriately when he learnt of changes to the supplements regime.”

He basically took the Shaggy defence (ie It wasn’t me) but was found to have been involved.

My position is this guy was head coach at the time when his players received cell growth hormones. He either knew nothing, in which case he’s incompetent, or he knew everything, in which case he’s a cheat. Don’t want him anywhere near this club.

Fair call.

I admit, I didnt dig into the details. The FACT that he failed to ACT after the event, is a worry. Cheers

Gareth67

First Grade

Go wash your mouth out with kerosene ! What an absolutely ugly thought to put in our minds whilst we are all still in mourning.

dannyt

Coach

Wouldn't be first choice, but let's talk hypothetical.

Forced choice- flanno or mary?

I'd go the former.

The calm one

Juniors

Mary will get an extension

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors

4th option. Get Jason Ryles from the Storm.

Latest posts