What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks coach to Dragons

ouryears

Bench
Very good assessment there, 'dannyt'.

Flanagan is the modern day Bellyache.
A person, who without saying a word, can be disliked immensely.
I guess l'd rather a sh!thead who can coach than a sh!thead who can't.
Ha ha for sure mate
I guess
Geese, where is all the talent?

ouryears

Bench
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/cr...l-as-club-fined-1-million-20131217-2ziag.html

“Flanagan has been suspended for a year for failing to properly supervise Elkin and failing to act appropriately when he learnt of changes to the supplements regime.”

He basically took the Shaggy defence (ie It wasn’t me) but was found to have been involved.

My position is this guy was head coach at the time when his players received cell growth hormones. He either knew nothing, in which case he’s incompetent, or he knew everything, in which case he’s a cheat. Don’t want him anywhere near this club.
Tend to agree
Seems all the good ones are cheats
Bellamy cap cheat.......Flanno cheat, oversaw the peptides saga, Robinson RoRters cap cheat......just leaves Seibold, at this stage, until something is uncovered there...if

Gareth67

First Grade
Hypothetical to the point of being imaginary

My own post was the last post on the thread - not your own - we both posted at the same time , however yours was there only after I had finished writing my own - in other words I did not see your post . Has the penny finally dropped , or are you merely an argumentative individual who must always have the last word ?

dannyt

Coach
My own post was the last post on the thread - not your own - we both posted at the same time , however yours was there only after I had finished writing my own - in other words I did not see your post . Has the penny finally dropped , or are you merely an argumentative individual who must always have the last word ?
What gives you that idea?

dannyt

Coach
Danny stop being a dick.
It doesn't suit you
Don't know why you think this.

My question was simple.

Given a forced choice between flanno and mary, who would you choose?

Obviously none are first choice, but I'm curious to know the answer.

Why is that being a dick?

dannyt

Coach
May I suggest that you stop sitting on corn - cobs , as they are obviously affecting your brain !
I really don't know your problem.

There may have been some misunderstanding with the timing of posts, and you may have taken offence to my condescending link to the word hypothetical.

If so, how about we forget all of that and that and get back to the original question.

Who would choose given a forced choice between flanno and mary?

I'll go first. I'd choose flanno because he has shown to be capable irrespective of his abundant personally flaws and past indiscretions. Not my first choice, but preferable to mary.

So can you give answer? Up to you.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I thought the idea was to get rid of the Old Boys’ Club mentality which has stymied the Club for decades?

dannyt

Coach
I thought the idea was to get rid of the Old Boys’ Club mentality which has stymied the Club for decades?
The old boy mentality has been the bane of our club for over 40 years.

However, Harry Bath was an old boy who left the fold to hone his skills, and returned with 2 premierships.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The old boy mentality has been the bane of our club for over 40 years.

However, Harry Bath was an old boy who left the fold to hone his skills, and returned with 2 premierships.

John Fleming knew what he was doing. Can you say the same about Doust?

There’s a BIG difference.

Gareth67

First Grade
No problem whatsoever, as you have said a misunderstanding. But to your question - Flanagan without any hesitation, Mary has illustrated his lack of ability in so many facets of coaching. Great to see the efforts shown by the Dragons in their final 2 games , however I believe that was mainly due to the ' core ' players willing the team on - hypothetical speaking that is .

dannyt

Coach
No problem whatsoever, as you have said a misunderstanding. But to your question - Flanagan without any hesitation, Mary has illustrated his lack of ability in so many facets of coaching. Great to see the efforts shown by the Dragons in their final 2 games , however I believe that was mainly due to the ' core ' players willing the team on - hypothetical speaking that is .
So we agree!

Fire

First Grade
Would be a deal that needs to be done on both sides coach needs a strong club with the support of win corporation and dragons a young grandfinal coach with plenty of finals experience .A perfect match after next season both mary and shane off contract.
No thanks.

JDHD

Juniors
I would have McGregor over Flanagan because I don’t believe Flanagan should have been allowed to coach ever again. Yes, there’s plenty of scope for jokes about ‘neither should McGregor’ har de bloody har.

The reality is this: Mary is an earnest, hardworking man who cares about his players, while Flanagan is a renowned merkin who would step over his own mother to get ahead. That’s fine - hell, it’s desirable - but add ‘drug cheat’ onto that and there’s no way I’d have him at the club. At least the storm just bought the best players, rather than trying to jack them up

Latest posts