What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks current 2018 side

Using sharks website

1 Matt Moylan
2 Sosaia Feki
3 Josh Dugan
4 Ricky Leutele
5 Valentine Holmes
6 Trent Hodkinson
7 Chad Townsend
8 Andrew Fifita
9 Jayden Brailey
10 Matt Prior
11 Luke Lewis
12 Wade Graham
13 Paul Gallen

14 Jayson Bukuya
15 Joseph Paulo
16 Ava Seumanufagai
17 Braden Uele

18 Bessie Aufaga-Toomaga
19 Blayke Brailey
20 Kurt Capewell
21 Josh Carr
22 Kurt Dillon
23 Eddie Faalua
24 Kyle Flanagan
25 Aaron Gray
26 Brock Ilett
27 Sione Katoa
28 William Kennedy
29 Edrick Lee
30 Isaac Lumelume
31 Billy Magoulias
32 Briton Nikora
33 James Segeyaro
34 Scott Sorensen
35 Josh Tuilagi
36 Daniel Vasquez
37 Jack Williams
38 Jesse Ramien

secondary squad

39 Cruz Topai-Aveai
40 Jordan Topai-Aveai
41 Bronson Xerri
42 Jack J Williams
43 Ryan King

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
Cant we have mythlan 6, duges 1, hodko to jets, and chuck someone in at 3 or 2 (push feki in)?

Frank Facer

First Grade
I was wondering if Moylan may get the kicking duties. If so, then he would have to be considered for supercoach.

I am pretty sure that Flanno plans to start the season off with Moylan at 5/8, Holmes at fullback and Dugan at centre. That is what I would do too if I was coaching Cronulla. I think Moylan is a very good 5/8. I would even pick him for NSW at 5/8, if he is performing well this year.

I am not a fan of Hodkinson or Townsend. I thought that you were buying Hodkinson as back up? I haven't seen anything of young Flanno, but from the reports that I have read, I would start with him at halfback. He sounds like one of the best young prospects in the game. I think he will be your starting halfback round 1 in 2019.

Ads

First Grade
I was wondering if Moylan may get the kicking duties. If so, then he would have to be considered for supercoach.

Will be either Chad or Val kicking. Moylan probably 3rd or 4th choice. Young Flanno probably the kicker if he gets a consistent start at some stage.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Will be either Chad or Val kicking. Moylan probably 3rd or 4th choice. Young Flanno probably the kicker if he gets a consistent start at some stage.

Hope its not TCO.

His numbers are awful. Has only ever been a part timer though I suppose.

9B3165D8-4729-42A2-96B1-622504B854F5.jpeg

Special K

Coach
Val is a very good goal kicker. If you take out his bad run in 2016 he is a 84% kicker. Hopefully he can kick for us for the next 10 seasons.

It is crazy we only have two 1,000 plus point scorers in our history.

RUBIKS

Juniors
Cronulla Sharks size up winger Sione Katoa as bolter for round one

HE’S been touted as possibly the fastest player to set foot in Cronulla and now greased-lightning winger Sione Katoa has emerged as a round one bolter.

After blowing away coaching staff and teammates during the pre-season, the 20-year-old is the leading contender to fill the vacant right wing spot when the Sharks run out for their NRL season opener against North Queensland on March 9.

Katoa leads an exciting crop of young talent in the Shire which includes coach Shane Flanagan’s son Kyle, workaholic back-rower Billy Magoulis, centre Jesse Ramien and hooker Blayke Brailey, the younger brother of Sharks No. 9 Jayden.

c059c5469a86c32334a90cd9a97186b8

The 20-year-old has spent the pre-season training outside Australian centre Josh Dugan and Flanagan said he was winning the three-way tussle with Aaron Gray and Edrick Lee for the wing position vacated by Gerard Beale.

“He’s a really good chance to start on the wing for round one,” Flanagan said.

2fc30a8166fee4e7ced3d4687e1fccbc

“He’s had a really good off-season and handled everything we’ve thrown at him.

“He’s got some competition there with Aaron Gray and Edrick Lee but he’s done a really good job. The trials will tell but he’s got his nose in front.”

And after topping the National Youth Competition try-scoring list last year, the 180cm, 88kg speedster looks well poised to make the next step in 2018. Using GPS data, Sharks staff clocked the New Zealander at 9.69 metres per second during the pre-season.

Flanagan said he was one of the quickest player he had ever seen at the club and was even outpacing fullback Valentine Holmes.

“He’s a really good listener and learner. He’s really coachable,” Flanagan said.

“What we see at training is a real consistency and he’s fast. Some of the speed he’s been running at training have been some of the fastest speeds we’ve ever had, faster than Valentine at his best.

“He’s got some real genuine speed there and he can finish.”

Source

shaggs

Coach
Id rather Gray over Feki as well.
Feki does do a lot of the shit work from our own line.

Last year I was as very meh about the season coming around. GF hangover probably, but I’m excited for this year.

Latest posts