What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks for sale

Coaster

Bench
Rogers played almost all his junior rl in the shire.
he played union as well as a kid up the coast I think.

I am pretty sure he also lived at lennox hd?
Sludge ran a pub there.
I could be wrong on the exact local though.

I do know he lived in Engadine as a kid.
It always had me fugged why he played for QLD...a bit like Inglis

Rogers played for the Nerang roosters on the GC, since he was 10, when his old man moved away, he boarded at TSS and played union, until he was 17 then moved to Sydney.

dannyboy

Juniors
Keep the bidding coming guys
A free set of steak knives included.....hell we'll even throw in a restuarants worth of steak knives donated from the fans' own collections

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Yep it is sad how people can joke around and be f**kwits about this situation, i dont care how much you hate the sharks, we are all supposed to be rugby league fans and just imagine the feeling you would have if your were on the verge of having no team at all. Laugh and joke all you want and keep thinking to yourself your team will be safe forever. What goes around comes around.

Stow it, you hypocritical wanker.

You've been dancing on the Bears' grave for years - celebrating their demise.

The league should treat em like the Bears and shaft them immediately.

franklin2323

Immortal
The main reason the dragons wanted to merge with Illawarra was mainly for the huge juniors. Maybe if Sharks merged with Steelers instead the dragons would be in this situation.

Something similar is required from the sharks. Maybe leave the name as the sharks and play games at other places. ie Rockhampton or Adelaide. with the Sharks name they can still cover the area but a without a suburb name can be taken by another area even a QLD Cup team ie Redcliffe and in return play games at Suncorp and then have extra juniors potential members

Matt23

Staff member
Rogers played almost all his junior rl in the shire.
It always had me fugged why he played for QLD...a bit like Inglis
Think he played for Palm Beach Currumbin, maybe that's how he qualified for QLD

carcharias

Immortal
Rogers played for the Nerang roosters on the GC, since he was 10, when his old man moved away, he boarded at TSS and played union, until he was 17 then moved to Sydney.

so he played rl for about 2 years up there (or both) before playing union.
then back to sharks?
he definitely played in the shire as a kid before anywhere else.

Slackboy72

Coach
The main reason the dragons wanted to merge with Illawarra was mainly for the huge juniors. Maybe if Sharks merged with Steelers instead the dragons would be in this situation.

You conveniently ignore the huge amount of history that St George had in the Illawarra in terms of juniors stretching way way back. Not even the sharks could stop that. And Illawarra would never merge with the scum. Too much bad blood.

chunk

Juniors
I'm an old Balmain and now a happy Wests Tigers fan.

And I can't recall Cronulla gving a rats about Wests or Balmain when they merged.

Hang on....yes thats right they went with Super League....stuff 'em

Ask Rupert for some money

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
You conveniently ignore the huge amount of history that St George had in the Illawarra in terms of juniors stretching way way back. Not even the sharks could stop that. And Illawarra would never merge with the scum. Too much bad blood.

Thats right the sharks offered to merged with Illawarra before the dragons, Illawarra rejected them

Illawarra did not want to change thier colours or name reason why Illawarra told the sharks to f**k off

The dragons joint venture was the only option made in heaven , they would keep the colours and their name Illawarra

And other reason why the sharks would have troubles to try to be in the dragons and Illawarra joint venture, Illawarra doesnt want any other colours or lose thier name

carcharias

Immortal
I'm an old Balmain and now a happy Wests Tigers fan.

And I can't recall Cronulla gving a rats about Wests or Balmain.

Hang on....yes thats right that went with Super League....stuff 'em

Ask Rupert for some money

I dont get this view.

Were Cronulla meant to do something about this?

I think they had there own problems at the time.

chunk

Juniors
I dont get this view.

Were Cronulla meant to do something about this?

I think they had there own problems at the time.

Well I hope the League doesn't help you out...that would p*** me off.

If you can get out of the trouble by yourselves than thats fine but don't ask anyone else for help.

chunk

Juniors
Not enough

Mate merging was very tough and not done lighltly.

I'm ok for them to give you money to relocate because that would be very tough and any funds would be justified

....but no assistance for staying in the Shire which I doubt you'll get anyway.

carcharias

Immortal
Not enough

Mate merging was very tough and not done lighltly.

I'm ok for them to give you money to relocate because that would be very tough and any funds would be justified

....but no assistance for staying in the Shire which I doubt you'll get anyway.
fair enough.

I just keep hearing people on the radio saying the sharks didn't help such and such .
Why should they?

What did the bears do for Cronulla?
At the time all clubs CEO's were saying that it was bad that clubs folded.

SL was a good idea .
Only now do people realise it.

gregstar

Referee
edelston2_gallery__350x400.jpg

"how much? i'll get them this time!!"

Latest posts