What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks headhunt new coach behind Stuart's back

newman

First Grade
I had a chat with D. Irvine at the game yesterday and he absolutely, categorically and vehemently denied that there was any shred of truth in this story. He did this with many others as well.

I dont normally post the contents of personal discussions but I think in this case its prudent that people know whats really happening.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I had a chat with D. Irvine at the game yesterday and he absolutely, categorically and vehemently denied that there was any shred of truth in this story. He did this with many others as well.

I dont normally post the contents of personal discussions but I think in this case its prudent that people know whats really happening.

Can you confirm Newman that the approach was actually made from a previous director, of his own accord & with no official authority from the club, in the early part of last season?

Special K

Coach
Do you think he would own up to such a rookie mistake though newman?

not taking a shot btw just saying...

newman

First Grade
Can you confirm Newman that the approach was actually made from a previous director, of his own accord & with no official authority from the club, in the early part of last season?

I cant confirm that. I get the feeling (and this is just that, a feeling) that the previous board pretty much did whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted and believed they were acting in an official capacity and in the best interests of the club, when in many cases they were not.

Do you think he would own up to such a rookie mistake though newman?

not taking a shot btw just saying...

Ill go on record and say that I trust him. I dont like posting anything from our discussions or what I know about him personally because of the way certain people; anonymous and with a face carry on in here. But I have reason to trust him. Wether you believe me (and Im happy to have a beer with anyone to discuss the club) or others is up to you.

Frailty

First Grade
If Ricky were to leave, I would like to see Joey Grima given a go.. He has done pretty well with the U20s so far.

Special K

Coach
Newman you have always been upfront and honest on here with regards to club matters. I wasn't doubting you or you believing him, I worded it poorly sorry. I just think if this did happen then there is no way he would fess up to it unless he absolutely had to. I mean why would you admit to it when there is no proof?

Maybe it was the flat mate?!?!

Frailty

First Grade
Not that I disagree with you on Grima's potential... but on what factors do you base that comment?

Well namely this year, the U20s side has looked more promising and competitive... Our loses have both been 14 points to Melbourne and Manly who finished third and first respectively last year.

We had a good win over Souths who are quite competitive in the U20s comp, and you just have to see what they did to Newcastle to see that. Although Parramatta's juniors seem to be low on form in the last season and the beginning of this season, they are normally quite strong.

I think Grima has the right balance in his training regime - as it generally has a good amount of fitness, ball skills, and defence in there and he is a big believer of getting the little things right. He has a great record in Harold Matts and SG Ball with Parramatta, and he could be a great asset to our First Grade side.

newman

First Grade
Newman you have always been upfront and honest on here with regards to club matters. I wasn't doubting you or you believing him, I worded it poorly sorry. I just think if this did happen then there is no way he would fess up to it unless he absolutely had to. I mean why would you admit to it when there is no proof?

No worries K. Your question had merit, no doubt about it. I have to be very, very careful what I post on here.

People can believe what I post or not. I dont really give a sh*t.

samshark

Juniors
He is already an assistant to the first grade side. He is a fair way off however, being up to coaching at that level.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
further to the rumour that was quite possibly started by an anonymous goose on a forum and that hack reporters treat as gospel.
WE'D love to be a fly on the wall when Ricky Stuart confronts Sharks chairman Damien Irvine about a reported overture to former Dragons coach Nathan Brown.

We've been told Stuart was ropeable about the story, and that there was also an icily terse moment between the pair when they crossed paths before kick-off at Brookvale on Sunday.

Irvine's attempt to secure Brown and constant speculation linking Stuart with Brisbane and Souths has plenty of people in the know claiming that Toyota Stadium isn't big enough enough for both to remain at the Shire club in 2011.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-in-south-africa/story-e6frexnr-1225852898359
Bit of silence from the Masons on this.

Latest posts