What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks headhunt new coach behind Stuart's back

Inferno

Coach
I don't believe any decision has been made. If Sticky knew something like this was going on, I think he'd be too proud not to walk straight away which is exactly what he did at the Roosters.

millersnose

Post Whore
..except he had somewhere to go after the roosters

in anycase there is no sin in checking the coaching options available and ricky would have to be grown up enough to know he is under the spotlight

writing 'i told you so' pieces after 1 win in a record string of losses wont cut it

Inferno

Coach
..except he had somewhere to go after the roosters

in anycase there is no sin in checking the coaching options available and ricky would have to be grown up enough to know he is under the spotlight

writing 'i told you so' pieces after 1 win in a record string of losses wont cut it

From memory he walked away before he had the Sharks job lined up. Raper hadn't been sacked by that stage I don't think.

Brown well is couldnt be any worse.

Stuart to Broncs, this hasnt been first time it has been mentioned, Broncs long term have Lockyer pencilled in to coach club, Stuart would be coaching co-ordinator for henjak, then take the reigns before handing over to Lockyer.

Broncs looking at missing the 8 this year, add Stuart to the mix, they wont see the 8 again

DeadElvis

Juniors
One win in 13 games and you want to keep him???.....Jesus even Brad Fittler had a better record than him over the last 2 seasons.

Cut him loose....... but buying Nathan Brown as his replacement would be like replacing the village idiot with the town moron

shadowboxer

First Grade
Cut him loose....... but buying Nathan Brown as his replacement would be like replacing the village idiot with the town moron

or relacing dick york with dick seargent...on bewitched

Wobbygong

First Grade
Mini bus Brown to coach you pathethic pack of knob gobblers, f**k that would be gold.

Gee someone at the Scum really has cursed the club. It's funny enough watching Tampon and Misery Guts Stuart at post game press conferences trying to come up with new reasons to explain away yet another embarrassing loss, but having slappy the wonder coach would give us dragon fans just too much entertainment. I'm with all the fluffies here who are happy with the status quo ie mediocrity I mean why change it you've had it for 40 plus years?? Yes I reckon Stuart is worth every cent of his 450k deal.

millersnose

Post Whore
From memory he walked away before he had the Sharks job lined up. Raper hadn't been sacked by that stage I don't think.

maybe he talked to no one...i doubt it

in anycase as a current australian coach he had something to offer in making that club attractive so je would have been picked up even if we follow your script

dont know so much today

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nathan Brown would be an awesome coach.

His efforts with the sh*thouse Huddersfield, to take them from also-rans who regularly had big scores run up against them, to finish third in his first season, is nothing short of brilliant.

Can't see it happening though. Tim Sheens will be free in a few years time. You can have him

RUBIKS

Juniors
I still think Flano from our own coaching staff is our best prospect.

He'd be cheap, eager and would accept a 1 year contract just to get a chance at the top grade.

The last unknown coach did alright... Maybe it's time to try that again?

samshark

Juniors
I was the first to mention this story here on the first couple of days of March, yet got sniped from everywhere.

Irvine actually approached Brown direct, with Stuart's knowledge, as Brown cleared it with Stuart before having any talks with Irvine, and the talks were held last Xmas in Sydney. My mail is the supposed "under contract for next yr" reference regarding Stuart that keeps being pushed in the media is actually an option for the club to extend by a further year, the option is in the clubs favour not Stuart's, and Irvine told Stuart late last yr this would not be taken up (and so this is his last yr). So there will be no pay out, and hence the reason Stuart had his manager hawk him around to various clubs from late last yr onwards looking for a new job.

The same source who told be this also suggested that Stuart would be going to the Broncos from next yr onwards as Coaching Director / Assistant coach, with the Broncos wanting to sure up their development program and coaching staff quality post Bennett, and Stuart a longer term option for head coach (heaven help them).

So when is the big anouncement? A few weeks is up.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
kills me how tigers fans want sheens gone.

I read a quote the other day from Mitch Brown stating that Sheens coaching/training is based around skills training....unlike the Sharks. Maybe thats why the team cant hold onto the ball or pass??

Ausguy

Coach
as ive said before...

id love to go to sharks training session and just watch.

amatuer at best i suggest. funding, experience knowledge etc etc???

BS - there are people in this forum (myself included - modest i know) who could produce skills tests and tactics that would improve our side, its is not rocket science.

Perfect example, manlys first try yesterday can someone anyone tell me what our defensive line did wrong in that play?? (not being a smart ass just asking a simple fkn question)

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I read a quote the other day from Mitch Brown stating that Sheens coaching/training is based around skills training....unlike the Sharks. Maybe thats why the team cant hold onto the ball or pass??

Maybe thats why Brown cant get a first grade spot despite the Tigers being well down on troops.

Latest posts