What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Sign Corey Hughes

Frenzy.

Post Whore
i agree 73

never really liked hughes.
but i never liked thommo either.

I think because we have the tendency to build perceptions about opposition players and ignore what they can do on the field. The legal, good stuff I mean :lol:

I reckon I can come to terms with this signing to be honest. I was happy with The Thommo signing because of what he'd bring on the field. But he wasn't a grub. I'm happy with the Barrett signing because of what I expect he will bring to the side. He's not a grub either.

It's not too far a stretch to welcome a grub into the ranks when we look at what he brings footy wise.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Two year deal from next year, squeezed out with them signing Ennis from Brisbane. Clever, tough and experienced. Good buy me thinks.

Source: Newcastle Herald
lol

he should be retiring, not signing a 2 year contract

spider

Coach
i could not see them signing him for 2 years

surely it would have to be only a one year deal

Nullajet

Juniors
great!! I ****in hate this bloke!! I dont want him here....makes losing Degois even worse...if that is possible!.yeah its possible!!!

Big Mick

Referee
HA...where are Sharks finding this money? Has a Rainbow landed on that overpriced $10 million stand they just built?

I can't understand the logic behind this however...Seu Seu and Kingston, two good young hookers...and sign an over-rated old one?...you would have been better served offering Priddis a deal.

Inferno

Coach
HA...where are Sharks finding this money? Has a Rainbow landed on that overpriced $10 million stand they just built?

I can't understand the logic behind this however...Seu Seu and Kingston, two good young hookers...and sign an over-rated old one?...you would have been better served offering Priddis a deal.

What money.

Our only real signings so far are Tupou and Barrett.

To pay for them we have lost Noddy and Thommo. Probably only need an extra 100k on top of what Noddy and Thommo's were already on to pay for them

Also got
Paul Stephenson
Dustin Cooper
Misi Taulapapa
Luke Covell
Adam Peek

Off contract with De Gois already gone.

Of those off contract we are likely to only keep 1 of them.

Does that answer your question?

Special K

Coach
aside from him being a grub i dont see a problem in the signing?

A good club man, talented runner out of dummy half and would not be expected to log big minutes but could if the situation called for it.

One would assume Covell is on above average money also given his form when he signed and his goal kicking. I doubt he will get the same type of deal so if he stays you could shave some off his value.

DJDL

First Grade
As much as I don't like him, Hughes is a better hooker than Kinga.
So if it's a one year deal with an option for a second to cover for the loss of De Gois while we look for another longer term option I'm ok with it

Stalefish

Juniors
One would assume Covell is on above average money also given his form when he signed and his goal kicking. I doubt he will get the same type of deal so if he stays you could shave some off his value.

The clubs taking a backward step if they were to re-sign Covell. Of all the players off contract the only two i'd re-sign are Selmes and Taulapapa

azzah72

Bench
I think this is a wonderful signing, he is an experienced hooker that tries his heart out and knows how to roll teams forward. He can get a penalty for your team a few times a game, wonderful signing. Yes he has little bit of niggle but so does Gallen, Bird, Ross & Nutts.

He'll be the best hooker since Treister.

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
rate the signing...
i know he is a grub but he has been pretty good this year

spider

Coach
I think this is a wonderful signing, he is an experienced hooker that tries his heart out and knows how to roll teams forward. He can get a penalty for your team a few times a game,
cant he farkin what!

he threw the best ball from dummy half in our game against them

the pass hit our forward dead on the chest as he was slow to get back onside

Latest posts