What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Sign Corey Hughes

BWNB

First Grade
We will be more hated than we already are...We need to keep Misi imo.

Special K

Coach
Peek should be a priority imo.

ross
see u/hughes
douglas
gallen
williams
bird

tupou
hughes/see u
peek
anderson

strong with a lot of punch coming from the bench.

cb4

First Grade
i would have snowden on the bench b4 peek
and i dont think tupou will start on the bench either

Since 73

First Grade
Special K:

ross
see u/hughes
douglas
gallen
williams
bird

tupou
hughes/see u
peek
anderson

Won't be a bench player with us.

Williams will be punching out in the centres.

imasharkie

Coach
A great signing if true....

Boozey is an old style hooker in the mould of Benny Elias.
Now I wish they had propper scrums as this bloke is the best at his job. He knows how to upset other players with his niggling, the best being the send off of Adrian Morley. What a set up.
He gains more penalties than he gives away and knows all the tricks of the trade.
My Bulldogs mate is spewing...they got Kimmorley and we pinched Boozey.
Great swap in our opinion.
Boozey is the missing link we needed to win the premmy next year.
We're absolute certainities next year.
He'll prove to be the buy of the season.:cool:

imasharkie

Coach
cant he farkin what!

he threw the best ball from dummy half in our game against them

the pass hit our forward dead on the chest as he was slow to get back onside

It was Luke Douglas.

I've seen Boozey do that heaps over the years.

facedown

Juniors

ross
see u/hughes
douglas
gallen
williams
bird

tupou
hughes/see u
peek
anderson

I don't think Tupou would be on the bench, Ando would be on the bench, and yeah, we have a great forward pack next year.

cb4

First Grade
was just thinkin bout karl...
he really needs to step up now and make the centre spot his

BWNB

First Grade
Still in the centres.

Just not in first grade until he stops being such a lazy bastard.

I think they need to move him into the forwards just to get him involved more.

I haven't seen him play, i have only been watching FG, so what does he do to be so lazy?

Inferno

Coach
To be honest, he is not helped with a shitty halfback, who doesn't seem to like passing him the ball.

Seems to hang out in the centres, and is content just to stay there, whether or not he gets the ball, and doesn't seem to be interested in going looking for it.

Even when coming out of our own end, it takes half the team calling him over, before he gets in there and takes a run up the guts.

To be fair I've only seen 3 or 4 games, but I've heard much the same from those there every week.

Seems big enough though and is a handful with the ball in hand, and is very solid in defence.

Special K

Coach
I doubt williams will be in the centres coming off a leg injury. If anything Ando goes back there..

I think Tups will be rotated between starting and bench to keep him fresh and devastating. Anyone see his start to the game last week? f**k me!

spider

Coach
i think a lot of the blame lies in his coaching (karl)

we are far enough into the season now for him to achieve match fitness

why is the half back not getting the ball out there? why is the coach not addressing this?

why is he lazy in all aspects to holding up the team bus upon departure while he organises himself

why is he the slowest and almost last person to arrive at team sessions

why, why, why???????????????????????????????????????????

how old is karl?

im all for one being accountable in life for one's own actions, but this guy is an investment for the future of the club let alone his own career

time to kick his ass in and develop the bloke rather than risk previous mistakes such as bird and the time taken to bring on his development

Inferno

Coach
Bloody hell, it seems he's not just lazy on the field either.

I've heard there has been a change in the coach for the NYC, so that might make a difference.

Frenzy.

Post Whore

ross
see u/hughes
douglas
gallen
williams
bird

tupou
hughes/see u
peek
anderson

And with names missing. As C3PO said Snowden must get a look in. What about the Great White Hope Selmes?

We're looking strong for next year.

Next year

Next year

Our song

Since 73

First Grade
BlacK_WhitE_N_BluE:

Where does that leave Karl assuming Pomm stays in the centres

That remains to be seen, but at this very moment Sticky is a big fan of Williams - not so for Karl.

The ball's in karl's court. Step up and put some pressure on for a spot in the backline somewhere.

Pom will be in the centres.

Special K

Coach
And with names missing. As C3PO said Snowden must get a look in. What about the Great White Hope Selmes?

We're looking strong for next year.

Next year

Next year

Our song
I was just looking at our potential squad. It is not that deep and we have no backs.

Currently in our top 25(based on assumptions) the only winger we have is brown and I guess Simmons. Pom is the only full blown centre (and even he could be a backrower) and again Simmons. We must be looking to move someone like Anderson back again. Even then who is our winger if we do not re-sign misi, covell or goodwin? Stapleton looks like he is a fair few kgs off NRL. If someone gets injured it could be trouble.

Selmes is off contract isn't he? I don't see him around next year. Peek is needed for depth and reliability. Then again Norrie is on a two year deal and could step into that role if needed