What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Sign Corey Hughes

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I'm with ya KheyMan and I'm sure I forgot some names as well.

As to Selmes, my mail is he's in the same boat as Karlos. Needs an attitude transplant. I think he's injured at the moment and won't be getting too many chances to impress.

Stapleton isn't physically ready IMO. Looks like he'd snap. I do know Ricky likes his style and will use him this year IF he has to but doesn't think he's ready either.

Wonder what Peek is on? Wonder what he'd settle for? He's been everything I expected and holds it all together when the stars are out. I've a lot of time for him. I also like Norrie to be honest and think he'll get better in time.

fatshark

Bench
Currently in our top 25(based on assumptions) the only winger we have is brown and I guess Simmons. Pom is the only full blown centre (and even he could be a backrower) and again Simmons. We must be looking to move someone like Anderson back again. Even then who is our winger if we do not re-sign misi, covell or goodwin? Stapleton looks like he is a fair few kgs off NRL. If someone gets injured it could be trouble.
Good assumption. Corey Hughes was one of the worst 1st graders , last year. This year he has improved a lot. And as others have said, very niggly.

cb4

First Grade
i have always thought he was very consistant
a prick but good player
glad we didnt lose him to england

Weaponhead

Coach
Great signing if at the right price. he must have been cheap if we wouldn't match the money that Newcastle paid for De Gois. As other have said, he is a hard player who knows how to niggle. Looks like the culture change is well and truly on. We won't have the reputation as soft touches for much longer.

this is a real insight into how Sticky is planning to play. Hughes is a good player in tight. Nothing fancy in him, picks his runs well, can kick and hit hard. IMO Hughes will do well mentoring Seu Seu. Seu Seu has the tools to be a dynamite dummy half in the Isaac Luke mould. I hope that we retain Seu Seu. I was surprised that we resigned Kingston last year for two seasons. Makes no sense to lose De Gois and Seu Seu and keep Kingston.

Agree that we are dangerously short out wide. We badly need someone to take the right centre spot as Simmo doesn't cut it. Sticky must be hoping that some of the youngsters like Filiga, Stapleton, Orcher etc develop into first grade options for next season. Misi should be retained on a modest contract to provide more depth.

Ausguy

Coach
it was just announced on fax in the bulldogs v knights game....

oh and hughes just got knocked out... flat on his back and game stopped

Special K

Coach
glad its confirmed.

I really think this will be our most valuable buy. The bloke is as close to deano as we will get.

Vossy

Bench
1 year deal..

bye bye kinga

corey will just take nuts penalties..if nuts wont be here next year..corey has been quite good this year (not including penalties)..get more out of him then kinga