What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks' tough trial

carcharias

Immortal
spewin...but a year does seem to go pretty quickly these days.
Although last year seemed to go slow from march to sept for some reason.

samshark

Juniors
Both knees in two years. Very bad luck for the kid. Does happen a lot to young players. I remember Daley and Cyde when they started out had so many injuries. Sonny Bill and Benji in recent times. Their bodies are not ready. But if he is good enough he can push through and still have a great career.

DJDL

Bench
I guess the only good thing is he has youth on his side. But ACL is a potentially career-ending injury. That's what turned my mate into a "One Legged soccer Lovin' Cowboy" :lol:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
we had some great players over the years that have succumbed to early injuries.
Ice could have been anything if had not spent 3 years on the sidelines.
A youg fella who played centres for Australia in our lower grades through Anderson & Raper, cant rquite remember his name, Stephen something, had 2 reco's & never got going again.
Then there was Dumas.
CAine.

geez , there would be plenty that never got going.

azzah72

Bench
I remember rossy, good player, didn't help that Ando picked his son over him in i think it was new zealand that time, he was healthy in good from, playing well and ando chose his son instead (well this is what i've been told) i think a few months later he was injured.

Big boy these days, looks like a prop

RUBIKS

Juniors
Some people are just brittle. It's sad, I hope he recovers however it's not hard to imagine he'll have a career full of injuries or at least several years before his body calcifys. He did look the goods though.

Isaac Gordon also looked great, composed and had plenty of speed.

Kelly needs a lot of work. He's getting a fair bit of praise here and from what I saw I can't see why? Anyone want's to change my mind is more than welcome? I seem to recall a half break down the middle of the field in the first half but that was about it.

Stapleton was fantastic and really stood out. His defence was also vastly improved.

Collis didn't get much ball unfortunately, so didn't really get to see him put on a show.

Cuthbertson was a dynamo. strong runs and some good offloads.

Bukuya was solid, both in defence and attack. Always looking to get amongst it.

Lewis in the first half didn't do anything wrong in my book either. Certainly better at 7 than Moris was in the second half.

I also must turn my thumb down in the direction of Pom's, in all honesty we now have a selection of players that can step up into that centre position pushing Pom into the back row or left right out.

Also as everyone else said - Snowy, he was grand, stepped up his game again and would probably be our go-to man over Dougy now.

carcharias

Immortal
c'mon Ronnie...you know you want in ....the challenge of following the sharks is just too much to resist.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Snowy, he was grand, stepped up his game again and would probably be our go-to man over Dougy now.
This reminds me , Quigs my good man, with you impeccable picture skills can I request a small task.

Each week I intend to write how Kade is killing it, a visual aid would be great.

The idea is this picture with Jason King in it

themummy3_wide.jpg

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=347802

Is the thread

Quigs

Immortal
Is this a paying job, if it is we will have to do it under the table.

Don't want to affect me old age pension.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Is this a paying job, if it is we will have to do it under the table.

Don't want to affect me old age pension.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

I think we can work in the beer economy, will work somehting out

Quigs

Immortal
I think we can work in the beer economy, will work somehting out

Been off the p!ss four years now since May Mr A. That is why I am so sensible and intelligent. I've turned my life around.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Latest posts