What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks' tough trial

Squae

Juniors
you mean he bombed what should of been an easy try on the left hand side (honestly not to bag you, but come on you cant try make a positive out of what is a perfect example of why he shouldnt be playing first grade, as has been stated heaps of times today, anyone on the left hand side of the ET stand saw he dropped that ball clearly any proper match they go upstairs and it shows he butchered another one!)

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Pomms handling problems are purely technique. I cant believe they haven't worked on it with him. That then affects the rest of his game.

amcoglory

Juniors
It frustrates the hell out of me watching pom drop the ball so often, he would be the best center in the game if he could catch. I beleve it was raining and others also dropped the ball - he had an cr*p season last year and it was his first game - all points noted from the comments above and I beleve if he doesn't proform in the first couple of games he should be outed

I was more pissed at the comments made in regards to ricky stuart

I think the way Fergo played last night he may get a crack at center if pom cant catch

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
It frustrates the hell out of me watching pom drop the ball so often, he would be the best center in the game if he could catch. I beleve it was raining and others also dropped the ball - he had an cr*p season last year and it was his first game - all points noted from the comments above and I beleve if he doesn't proform in the first couple of games he should be outed

I was more pissed at the comments made in regards to ricky stuart

I think the way Fergo played last night he may get a crack at center if pom cant catch

:shock:

Michelle Leslie

Juniors
the problem with Pommeroy is Pommeroy

He doesnt really want to be a footy player.
Hed rather be at Krispy Kremes out the riff working at the drive thru for 10 an hour.

mortz

speaking of which i saw him at panthers last weekend,
he seems sure he will be in the team this year, he is a massive bloke, absolute monster, if only he could catch

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
the problem with Pommeroy is Pommeroy

He doesnt really want to be a footy player.
Hed rather be at Krispy Kremes out the riff working at the drive thru for 10 an hour.

What a croc of shyte.
If you want to have a crack at somebody who is arrogant & beligerant & comes from a lower socio economic back ground, have a crack REDBACK. He deserves it.
Pom is a good bloke & trys his guts out for the Sharks. He is neither beligerant, lazy or arrogant, so doesnt deserve the "class" humour you are dishing out.
You are a sniping clown.

The Dodger

First Grade
Pomms handling problems are purely technique. I cant believe they haven't worked on it with him. That then affects the rest of his game.

lol

technique?

What a stupid analysis.

What training is required to catch and hold onto a footy ball?

I can understand passing, but if you can't catch and hold onto a footy, then your not meant to be playing footy.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
lol

technique?

What a stupid analysis.

What training is required to catch and hold onto a footy ball?

I can understand passing, but if you can't catch and hold onto a footy, then your not meant to be playing footy.

Just something else that reinforces just how little you know about league & for that matter, union & AFL. Even cricket & baseball.

carcharias

Immortal
trust me.

What I saw on Friday did zero to get me excited for the coming season.

Yeah it rained but they looked confused and in a panic at times.
..it got worse when the so called experienced players came on in the second half.

Hopefully when Gallen Topou and to a lesser degree Fergo come back something will click.

Also for a game with so so so many stopages for penaltys and dropped balls...the players looked very unfit.
The rain would have made it harder to run but it wasn't stinking hot .
Manly handled it heaps better...one huge forward of theirs busted his guts .
Jamie Lyons was the stand out.
Great passing and kicking game and looked in total control.
Our guys looked like Richard Pryor in Stir Crazy.

The Dodger

First Grade
Just something else that reinforces just how little you know about league & for that matter, union & AFL. Even cricket & baseball.

you dumbass

the technique your talking about is rugby league 101 (for dummies).

thats something they teach kids between the ages of 5 and 8.

pomeroy's problem isn't technique, its laziness.

michelle is right, he has no motivation.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
you dumbass

the technique your talking about is rugby league 101 (for dummies).

thats something they teach kids between the ages of 5 and 8.

pomeroy's problem isn't technique, its laziness.

michelle is right, he has no motivation.

So what you are saying is that the Sharks & all other top flight players do not practice their catching & passing technique?
Top flight union players also do not practice theire technique?
Same AFL?
Once you learn how to catch, when you are 6, you have it for for life, no need for work on the technique.
Tiger woods learned how to putt & thats it, never again. Just does it.

haha, geezus your a fool & a midget.

carcharias

Immortal
I reckon it is technique.
He is too intense .
Watch the great ball players, they all look like they are so relaxed.
If he could lossen up a bit ...maybe even slow down a bit he would probably catch heaps more ball.

Maybe cut out any running and catching type activities all together and stick to standing still to catch and then start running again. :)

samshark

Juniors
trust me.

What I saw on Friday did zero to get me excited for the coming season.

Yeah it rained but they looked confused and in a panic at times.
..it got worse when the so called experienced players came on in the second half.

Hopefully when Gallen Topou and to a lesser degree Fergo come back something will click.

Also for a game with so so so many stopages for penaltys and dropped balls...the players looked very unfit.
The rain would have made it harder to run but it wasn't stinking hot .
Manly handled it heaps better...one huge forward of theirs busted his guts .
Jamie Lyons was the stand out.
Great passing and kicking game and looked in total control.
Our guys looked like Richard Pryor in Stir Crazy.

Have a look at the other trial results over the weekend. Do you think their fans are carrying on like some here? This was a new team in their first hit out. What did you expect? If you think this team is going to be great straight away then you are setting yourself up for a big dissapointment.

Despite the atrocious conditions if you couldnt find a few positive exciting things in that game then you've got no idea. I saw some prospects in Mills, Gordon, Kelly and Vave that are better than anything we've had in a while, I saw the two best young props in the game who already look like they have gone up another level, I saw an understrength forward pack easily deal with Manly who were only missing Whatmough and I saw two very promosing hookers in Joudo and Flannagan.

Manly won because they handled the ball better and got more penalties. That's it. They didnt make one clean break and I dont know how you come to the conclusion that we dont look fit. Thats rubbish.

samshark

Juniors
He is too intense .
If he could lossen up a bit ...maybe even slow down a bit he would probably catch heaps more ball.

Maybe cut out any running and catching type activities all together and stick to standing still to catch and then start running again. :)

We can all over analyse the Pom's shortcomings but for me its just a simple lack of the basic skills of the game. Catching, passing, drawing a player and off loading. These are things most players become good before their teens. Pom didnt. Its nothing to do with lazyness.

As Paulie said to Apollo, 'He aint no boxer, he's a bruiser'. Thats Pom.

carcharias

Immortal
Have a look at the other trial results over the weekend. Do you think their fans are carrying on like some here? This was a new team in their first hit out. What did you expect? If you think this team is going to be great straight away then you are setting yourself up for a big dissapointment.

Despite the atrocious conditions if you couldnt find a few positive exciting things in that game then you've got no idea. I saw some prospects in Mills, Gordon, Kelly and Vave that are better than anything we've had in a while, I saw the two best young props in the game who already look like they have gone up another level, I saw an understrength forward pack easily deal with Manly who were only missing Whatmough and I saw two very promosing hookers in Joudo and Flannagan.

Manly won because they handled the ball better and got more penalties. That's it. They didnt make one clean break and I dont know how you come to the conclusion that we dont look fit. Thats rubbish.
Fair enough

I think you will find I am expecting dissapointment.
Mills is gone and did anyone actually have him in mind as the next big thing?

Manly played better.
More penalties because the sharks blokes were struggling to get back onside....I put that down to fitness.
snowon and dougie did what they were doing last year.

The backs were god awful...kicks to nobody ....hogging the ball instead of passing.
Falling for dummy''s ...getting caught by overlaps resulting in points to them.
That stuff is not being out skilled or out muscled IMO.

Vave did play well .

Kelly got the ball plenty and TBH for all the hype, Manly had him worked out pretty easily.

That team was what we will see come SOO....Maybe even without Barrett.
Hope I am wrong ...but I am not usually.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
He is too intense .

Thats exactly it Carch. & it feeds on itself & becomes worse. Its called the yips & he has to do some catching rehab. He might have the technique fine in training but in game situations when he is running flat out, & about to be hit, he stiffens up & attacks the ball in a downward &/or outward motion, instead of letting it come to his finger tips. This all happens in a micro second.
The rehab required is to allow the ball to come to them & really emphasize the upward & inward motion of the arms. Its muscle memory, retraining.
The union guys practice that sort of stuff over & over & you can see in their catch & pass play, that generally they are much more skillful in this area. However our game has changed from the sweeping backline plays that required that sort of practice IMO & perhaps the training has changed too?

carcharias

Immortal
HG and Roy while obviously taking the piss use to say stuff that was true.
Dymock I think it was..they'd say he had soft hands ....surgeons hands.
Pom has hands of granite.