What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks' tough trial

Thanks DS. Good read.

Snowden. Go you good thing. Quigsy will love you son. I'll bet King thought he'd get an easy victory over the young bloke. Bring on the round ?? match. King might be a little gun shy lol.

It appears that Sticky has some good things to work with. But at the end of the day it was a trial. Hopefully the Mills kid is okay - sounds like a player for the future.

DJDL

Bench
I really like how Stapo chimes into the backline and creates that space, I dunno where his position should be but damn he looks like one of those players that has "time" when he's moving onto the ball, and the opposition cannot read what he's doing.

I hope you're right on that one BBB. The first couple of games he played last year I thought the same. Then everyone started reading what he would do and more often than not he got smashed.

Maybe they've spent a bit of time on when and how to link up, and executing some different plays.

Squae

Juniors
Does anyone have any news on Mills at all? Is it a LONG term knee injury needing a op ?

Absolutely spewing about this injury, the guy must be guttered.

When I saw this kid catch the dude from across the field, I thought here we go we have found a centre.

Really, really hope that it is isnt as bad as it looks

amcoglory

Juniors
Hi light of the night was snowden punching the hell out of King, and then seening king walk off wile being booed by the crowed with blood pissing from his head.

Was inmpressed with Cuthbertson, Reminded me of Gavin miller around the ruck. He will be in the team for the first round. he has great hands and is big. Put a good hit on early. I wasnt keen when they signed him but after last night I am a fan.

also a mention to Bakuya - great ofloads and heavy D fence will get a run in 1st if there is an injury.

never want to see john morris at 7 again but would be happy to see him in 9

Albert kelly looked great he will start the season at full back if he plays good in the next trial. needs to be tested under the high ball and kick returnes but if he can do this he will be a revalation at full back

amcoglory

Juniors
Will probally hear about stewart mills mid way through the week after scans and doctors.
He looked the goods.
Hope he is ok
I think last year Reni did his knee at Cesnock but played the second or third round(probally had a few horse injections to help though) lets hope its the same with mills
Man he is fast, must be the quickest in the team

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
NO I was informed immediately afterwards by somebody in the know. You do not need scans to reveal ligament damage, as far as I am aware. They can diagnose that in minutes, through stability tests.
But you don't undergo operations & reconstructions on the basis of stability tests, you need imaging.
You should all listen to Dodger anyway, he knows the difference between a king & Perry.

Sharkie73

Bench
Some good news at least about Collis!!!

Cronulla's Dean Collis confident of playing in round one

February 13, 2010
Cronulla recruit Dean Collis is confident he can recover from a knee injury in time to make his Sharks debut in round one of the NRL season.
The former Wests Tigers centre extended his right knee in the Sharks' trial match loss to Manly at Toyota Stadium on Friday night, but he expects to take to the same field against Melbourne Storm on March 13.

Collis joined the majority of established players in sitting out the first half of the pre-season hitout before playing the final 40 minutes.

The 24-year-old heard a click as he fell awkwardly out of a tackle in the second stanza, the injury occurring to the same right knee he seriously injured in 2008.

Collis managed just 11 games for the Tigers last year because of a broken arm, and he was looking forward to a fresh start and an opportunity to shine in Cronulla's backline.

“First game for a new club, it would have been nice to have a good start to the year, but I don't know the full extent of it yet so we'll just wait and see how it goes over the next couple of days,” Collis said.

“I'm not really sure how bad it is, but it doesn't feel too bad at the moment, so fingers crossed it'll be right for week one.

“I've been jumping out of my skin this year, the pre-season's been really good and we've trained so hard over the last three or so months.

“It's unfortunate to be injured, but I think we got a lot out of the trial and there are some positive signs for the club.”

The news wasn't so great for Stewart Mills, who had to be stretchered from the field after also injuring his right knee in the first half.

Mills, a 19-year-old Engadine junior, was in line to make his NRL debut this season, but he now faces the prospect of not playing again in 2010.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26717392-5018866,00.htm

drago brelli

Bench
Terrible news about Mills. The young bloke really can play. I hope he makes it back this year. Does anybody know the sores in the Harrold Matthews and SG Ball?

Terrible news about Mills. The young bloke really can play. I hope he makes it back this year. Does anybody know the sores in the Harrold Matthews and SG Ball?

A couple of the SG Ball players have surface scratches.
Band Aids were applied immediately and will be taken off in two weeks.

In the Harold Matthews two players have bruising to a leg and an arm.
Ice packs were applied immediately. Should be right for the team photo in two weeks.

Squae

Juniors
NO I was informed immediately afterwards by somebody in the know. You do not need scans to reveal ligament damage, as far as I am aware. They can diagnose that in minutes, through stability tests.
But you don't undergo operations & reconstructions on the basis of stability tests, you need imaging.
You should all listen to Dodger anyway, he knows the difference between a king & Perry.

I have snapped my acl, and when i saw them last night supporting the underside of his' knee, and also the way he had it bent, i thought yep, that is a bad one.

Really hope its not a season ender as it appears but stability tests really do tell the true story straight away

shadowboxer

First Grade
The news wasn't so great for Stewart Mills, who had to be stretchered from the field after also injuring his right knee in the first half.

Mills, a 19-year-old Engadine junior, was in line to make his NRL debut this season, but he now faces the prospect of not playing again in 2010.

and still that knob pommeroy gets thru with little more than some dirt under his finger nails - dead set that play off the scrum in the half, on the attack and bommeroy drops it cold. The crowd goes wild. he didnt score that try either.

Another thing - where was Orcher last night???? injured??

Latest posts