What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks' tough trial

Redders, we all understand your intense dislike of Stuart, but do you have to f**k up every thread by mentioning it. Listen, you claim to be a pilot, well if you are then I would imagine that you have more brains than you are showing. I would also think that you should be far more mature than you continually show by your constant sniping at Stuart.

I know this won't hurt you much but I am putting you on ignore until such time as you contribute something other than your anti-Stuart diatribe. If everybody on here does the same maybe Redders will either go away or change the record.

redback

Bench
Redders, we all understand your intense dislike of Stuart, but do you have to f**k up every thread by mentioning it. Listen, you claim to be a pilot, well if you are then I would imagine that you have more brains than you are showing. I would also think that you should be far more mature than you continually show by your constant sniping at Stuart.

I know this won't hurt you much but I am putting you on ignore until such time as you contribute something other than your anti-Stuart diatribe. If everybody on here does the same maybe Redders will either go away or change the record.

Brilliant. My aim is to only have the intelligent supporters reading my posts!

Quigs

Immortal
THE SHORTCUT.

Control C (copy)

redders.jpg

Control V (paste)

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

ghoti

Bench
I like how you pricks think redback is the cause of all thread f**k-ups. Yes, the merkin's a tool...but even if you've had him on ignore for the last few weeks, the threads still get flooded with the rest of you lot giving him sh*t in return. One diatribe by redback = six in return by assorted posters. I can't set everyone to fuggen ignore because there'd be no thread left! You're ALL idiots!

As for the trial; was gonna head down for it, but decided against it after the fourth beer in the lounge room. Really surprised that Morris was even trialled at half - anyone who's watched a Tigers game in the last few seasons knows that that's been tryed to hell and disproved...he's a good hooker, but just doesn't seem to have the flair for halfback.

Seems like they were tough conditions to judge a player by. How many errors did Pom actually make? Sounds like two or three, which I imagine wouldn't have been any higher than any other player out there in the wet. I think we gotta be careful of loading our opinions too much heading into a new season and be judging players on their merits normalised to the performance of the rest of the team.

Sounds like there was plenty of good news out of last night - looking forward to the season's start.

redback

Bench
I like how you pricks think redback is the cause of all thread f**k-ups. Yes, the merkin's a tool...but even if you've had him on ignore for the last few weeks, the threads still get flooded with the rest of you lot giving him sh*t in return. One diatribe by redback = six in return by assorted posters. I can't set everyone to fuggen ignore because there'd be no thread left! You're ALL idiots!

As for the trial; was gonna head down for it, but decided against it after the fourth beer in the lounge room. Really surprised that Morris was even trialled at half - anyone who's watched a Tigers game in the last few seasons knows that that's been tryed to hell and disproved...he's a good hooker, but just doesn't seem to have the flair for halfback.

Seems like they were tough conditions to judge a player by. How many errors did Pom actually make? Sounds like two or three, which I imagine wouldn't have been any higher than any other player out there in the wet. I think we gotta be careful of loading our opinions too much heading into a new season and be judging players on their merits normalised to the performance of the rest of the team.

Sounds like there was plenty of good news out of last night - looking forward to the season's start.

The reason I havent placed you on my ignore list is because your posts actually prove to me that I am 100% correct with my views. It's a bit of an ego thing, because you are incredibly stupid!

Frenzy.

Immortal

You can try :)

My list is at 13 right now. It's peaceful. redback isn't one of them either. He's entertaining if nothing else.

I'd rather a forum full of reddies and reefys and other up front posters whether they agree or not, than have the place flooded with Pep Squad members fluffing the joint up

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Morris - YES. Even considering him for the 7, to me, validates a lot of Redback's points. Not his incessant diatribe, but his point.

Baz - NO. Easily the Sharks best player. Old man in footy terms now though. Won't play half the season, unfortunately for yu guys.

I like your optimism lads, in fact, I admire it. But you get even one or two injuries & your in for a long, bleak, winter.

Squae

Juniors
Seems like they were tough conditions to judge a player by. How many errors did Pom actually make? Sounds like two or three, which I imagine wouldn't have been any higher than any other player out there in the wet.

He was rubbish, yes he made about 3 mistakes, considering he only touched the ball deadset like 4 times this is a MAJOR problem. (the top grade reg's were only played for 1 half)

Also, yes I did go to the game, and if you read anyones reports that went to the game, they are all the same, Pomm's is a deadset liability.

These are trials for a reason because you get to trial different players in conjective positions. This position we know needs fixing, when is there a better time to try other people than now???

samshark

Juniors
You make it sound like Pom was the only centre that played.

Different players were tried. Pom, Collis, Mat Wright all had the same amount of game time. Mills would of as well if not for injury.

amcoglory

Juniors
I only remember pom droping the ball once.
Also remember it raining and alot of other players dropping the ball
also remember pom scoring the only try for the sharks although he jugled, it seems that some people on this site also had a vidieo replay of the try and are saying he dropped it.

If it wasn't for Ricky Stuart the team would of thrown the towel in last year and we would of come dead last. I was proud of my team last year with the spirit they played . The game against Manly at brookvale only added to the passion of supporting the sharks and hateing manly

If any other team or supporters went through what we went through last year they would be dead and burried, but we have basicly a new team more members than last year and a great coach.

some of you guys should try and support the team and not put sh#t on them constantly

I only remember pom droping the ball once.
Also remember it raining and alot of other players dropping the ball
also remember pom scoring the only try for the sharks although he jugled, it seems that some people on this site also had a vidieo replay of the try and are saying he dropped it.

If it wasn't for Ricky Stuart the team would of thrown the towel in last year and we would of come dead last. I was proud of my team last year with the spirit they played . The game against Manly at brookvale only added to the passion of supporting the sharks and hateing manly

If any other team or supporters went through what we went through last year they would be dead and burried, but we have basicly a new team more members than last year and a great coach.

some of you guys should try and support the team and not put sh#t on them constantly

I think most here do genuinely support the team.

I think we are some of the most patient supporters around in fact.

If we were judging Pom on that first up trial played in the wet then yes I think we would be treating him harsh. I personally am judging him on his all round centre play. Not just because he can't hold on to the ball. Even his defence has dropped off. He seems to panic more and slips all to often.

But we aren't.

Last year he was beyond rubbish all year.

We were looking for any sort of improvement in his play in the first trial and unfortunately have got to say it was groundhog day.

Two things about his try.

1. It was a catch and fall over the line try that anyone in that position could have scored.

2. He definitely fumbled it. Anyone sitting in the left of the ET stand (which I was) had the perfect view of it.

Amcoglory the Club has been run down to the ground with hopeless management.

I hope the new Club management get it right. Because if they don't there is definitely no second chance draw after this. They have a mighty job on their hands. First and foremost they have to get the Club financially back on track so we are operating under the full salary cap like most of the other Clubs and not splitting our salary cap amongst two grades. Secondly we need a big overhaul on our scouting system. After watching the NYC last Friday again it looks like that there is limited talent amongst them. This has been the case since the NYC started.

When fans see the same shyte over a period of time you have to understand there will be fustration taken out on players at various times and of course all the other people associated with the Club. It's nice to have a fluffy attitude no matter what but it's also good to have a reality check. The Club is broken on so many fronts and does need fixing ASAP.

Squae

Juniors
You make it sound like Pom was the only centre that played.

Different players were tried. Pom, Collis, Mat Wright all had the same amount of game time. Mills would of as well if not for injury.

Ricky had 2 different squads the fringe players, and the first grader regulars (the players who are favourites for the positions), by him playing Pomm at centre in that second half, he is indicating that Pomm is not only a chance but could well be considered favourite for that position (very scary!) I am happy to see Fergo do well last night hopefully he can make this position his own, also clearing the way for Tautai.

Otherwise there is Wright, I dont think Bakuya is an option at centre any more he's massive now.

Latest posts