What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Toyota Cup V Roosters

Great win. I thought we might be in trouble at the 70min mark.

Geeze I thought young Peach played well. Sometimes he over plays it but mostly he is very very good. His uncle would be proud. I also think big Teni, Alcock and Coates are good forwards. In the backs, Pickerd, Mills and Manoumelillillilli were very good. Frizzell was quiet by his standards but when he did touch the ball it was quality. They would really benefit from an under 23 comp. IMO.

Quigs

Immortal
Found this on Mr Fox's webpage

Highlights

(pssssts I didn't win the $5,200.00. My mate got to pick and missed. It's all go for next week)

Card Shark

Immortal
Congrats NYC

Chad steered the ship well and pulled off some big plays at the end when needed.

I only saw the 2nd 1/2 but I thought Townsend steered the team well & they played with a lot of composure under fire.

They will win next week

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Congrats NYC

Chad steered the ship well and pulled off some big plays at the end when needed.

Chad has been doing this all year for the boys. He was doing the same for firsts till the team started thinking about mad Monday in Bali.

I think next year Chad is our only option at halfback. With time his confidence will come and his role will gradually increase. People on here like reefy who continually bag AK and Chad prove they know nothing about footballers. We are yet to see Chad and Albert combine in firsts which is an exciting time for the club. I'm looking forward to see these 2 guys combine but If we can sign Todd Carney, the impact this will have on not only the team but Chad will be enormous.

roboshark

Coach
see i dont think chad played well...yes the last 10 mins he controlled our game but before that i didnt think he had a great game

but thats just me

Hooper

Juniors
Stewart Mills' defence against his opposite centre was outstanding. Fraser Alcock really added something to that side when he came on. Luke Pickerd is quality quick, and his little in and away that lead to his first try showed that he has got some good footy instincts. We are a chance against the Cowboys as we beat them at Shark Park earlier this year

Frenzy.

Immortal
Stewart Mills' defence against his opposite centre was outstanding. Fraser Alcock really added something to that side when he came on. Luke Pickerd is quality quick, and his little in and away that lead to his first try showed that he has got some good footy instincts. We are a chance against the Cowboys as we beat them at Shark Park earlier this year

That first Pickerd try was out and out quality. He had heaps to do with cover screaming across and found a few wily moves, blinding speed and commitment to get there.

He'll be a better fullback than Gardner.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Why? Would Toddy play 6 and 7?

No. I think Robosn would be a great partner for Carney. Its a waste of money putting Carney next to Rookies. Let some other guy be the director & let carney just play what is in front of him.
In that context, the player to target if we do manage to get Carneys services would be Maloney. Out & out the best half in the NRL by a long way.

Ausguy

Coach
Wow reefy, robson?

You do deliberately go important against everyone to be different. I'm convinced now.