What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Village development?

Yadamish

Juniors
I can only speculate, but the council wouldn't allow the club to use Endeavour 2&3 for redevelopment as it was sold to the club for $2 to be used as sporting fields, but they can't stop the club selling that land. The new owner wouldn't have the same moral dilemma with council on how and why the land was acquired, it would be a purely commercial transaction.

I think you will find Cronulla Caringbah are moving out to Wanda or whatever they are going to call the new development's sporting fields This will be a non issue.

Yadamish

Juniors
It'd have to be, Frenzy. If you owned a home you wouldn't want somebody else still owning the land it stands on. The same would apply to the buyers. However, like mentioned elsewhere, I always thought the land was 99 year lease?

In Canberra all residential land is like this - on 99 yr Government lease.

Last edited:

samshark

Juniors
anyone received notification in writing advising of the up-coming EGM?

constitution states 21 days notice in writing to ALL MEMBERS advising of any general meeting

electronic notification does not suffice

Week commencing 24th January 2011:
Issue of proposed member resolutions.

Monday 31st January 2011:
7.00pm Member Information Evening

Monday 21st February 2011:
7.00pm Extraordinary General ! Meeting (EGM)

I imagine we will be getting something this week

samshark

Juniors
I think you will find Cronulla Caringbah are moving out to Wanda or whatever they are going to call the new development's sporting fields This will be a non issue.

This is correct, what Ive been told as well. Sporting fields at 'Green Hills Beach' (likely new suburb name) are due to be completed within the next four years.

drago brelli

Bench
No, you're wrong. De la Salle have accepted a merger offer from Cronulla/Caringbah. The new club will be called De la Bah. All matches to be played at De la's ground. The playing strip will De la's except for the socks they will be Cronulla/Caringbah, as in St George/Illawarra.

samshark

Juniors
No, you're wrong. De la Salle have accepted a merger offer from Cronulla/Caringbah. The new club will be called De la Bah. All matches to be played at De la's ground. The playing strip will De la's except for the socks they will be Cronulla/Caringbah, as in St George/Illawarra.

Thats not even funny, just plain stupid.

carcharias

Immortal
944966-cronulla-sharks-development.jpg

Looks a little small.

shaggs

Coach
What is this? A center for ants? How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read... if they can't even fit inside the building?

Quigs

Immortal
Good to see that the Stains supporters memorial whinge power tower is still there in the far right.

944966-cronulla-sharks-development.jpg

It allows them to still have something to whinge about when we are the richest stand alone club in the Sydney area.

azzah72

Bench
Looking at the drawing i have noticed 2 potential things

1. it look as though the entrance to the club might actually be inside the retail complex now

2. is it me or does the drawing show covers over the pb stand?

RUBIKS

Juniors
Looking at the drawing i have noticed 2 potential things

2. is it me or does the drawing show covers over the pb stand?

I don't think so, looks the same to me. However it does look like the PB and ET stands are to be extended the length of the field?

OT: "Green Hills Beach" - Is that really what they are thinking of calling it? That's terrible. I didn't even think of them giving it a name? Is it big enough?

azzah72

Bench
Yeah i noticed that as well, it looks like the white area represents the original contruction and the blue is the extension?

I hope they have a solution for parking.

samshark

Juniors
I don't think so, looks the same to me. However it does look like the PB and ET stands are to be extended the length of the field?

OT: "Green Hills Beach" - Is that really what they are thinking of calling it? That's terrible. I didn't even think of them giving it a name? Is it big enough?

Yeah thats correct. You are looking at about 400 new homes plus the sporting fields, skate park and whatever else is going there. They initially wanted the new suburb to be called 'Wanda Beach' but existing Wanda residents said no to that. Technically the area is Kurnell but developers wanted a separate new suburb, so 'Green Hills Beach' looks the go.