What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Village development?

Quigs

Immortal
And a place of ill repute.

If possible close to one of the large ministries of religion places. That way all the money will be shared around whilst attracting large numbers cashed up patrons.

One would do a roaring trade before we played and the other one would do exceptionally well after we played.

Quigs

Immortal
I'd be thinking something more appropriate to us old sharkies.

"We're Rooted."

You reckon they'd accept seniors cards?

Quigs

Immortal
What about Try assist. Maybe Four Corners could do a promo on it.

They could have a fantasy wing in the complex, and call it the Racecourse Motel.

Think of the money we could save on end or season trips.

Last edited:

Surely

Post Whore
Would Luke still miss out even with a fist full of fifties ?

Would matty go twice at half price ?

Frenzy.

Immortal
""A big part of this process was to get an up-front commitment from the development partner that we choose, without sacrificing long-term returns. The club will retain ownership of the land for the retail component and the club building, along with Toyota Stadium, receiving perpetual rental on the space.

"Further, the residential development will also deliver profit streams for the Sharks from a percentage of the gross revenue."

That reads like they are not retaining ownership of the outside fields area where the dwellings are proposed to go to me.

Reporting error? Fact? Wise if true?

""A big part of this process was to get an up-front commitment from the development partner that we choose, without sacrificing long-term returns. The club will retain ownership of the land for the retail component and the club building, along with Toyota Stadium, receiving perpetual rental on the space.

"Further, the residential development will also deliver profit streams for the Sharks from a percentage of the gross revenue."

That reads like they are not retaining ownership of the outside fields area where the dwellings are proposed to go to me.

Reporting error? Fact? Wise if true?

From what I have been told, that is true.
They will get a percentage of all sales, and/or rent.
I don't know if it's a totally gone, or if it will be under a "99 year lease" kind of proposal.

Last edited:

coolumsharkie

Referee
The residential development, which would house in excess of 500 dwellings, on the western side of Toyota Stadium could also deliver a profit stream for the Sharks.

Is that what you meant? isnt that where the housing is going? I dunno.

If this article manifests into reality not even including the 2 large in 8 days, pats on the back and jobs well done.. Pretty impressive article. If this is the case then no more sceptism of the current board.. They have delivered.

Frenzy.

Immortal
From what I have been told, that is true.
They will get a percentage of all sales, and/or rent.
I don't know if it's a totally gone, or if it will be under a "99 year lease" kind of proposal.

I've heard 99 year lease bandied about before. In which case the club would still own the land would it not? The article conspicuously points out ownership of one side of the property but not the other.

If they are selling it off what does the sale of a large part of their current assets mean in the longer term?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Is that what you meant? isnt that where the housing is going? I dunno.

If this article manifests into reality not even including the 2 large in 8 days, pats on the back and jobs well done.. Pretty impressive article. If this is the case then no more sceptism of the current board.. They have delivered.

Yes, I mean the residential proposal. Check the bits I quoted cools and see if it reads to you like ownership of all that land will be retained or not?

coolumsharkie

Referee
Forgive me for being niave but if Woolies, Coles and Aldi are throwing thier hat in the ring.. Those guys are bigger than Jesus ... And own more too ... Thats got to ba a good thing?

coolumsharkie

Referee
Yes, I mean the residential proposal. Check the bits I quoted cools and see if it reads to you like ownership of all that land will be retained or not?

Yeah i dont know but it's one article in the Telly. Lets see what else gets printed in the next few days/weeks