What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Kenny-Dowall not guilty of assaulting former partner Jess Peris

darcy

Juniors
Looks like a good advertisement for not getting into a de facto relationship with someone after such a short period of time ....nothing like feeling entitled to a portion of SKD's assets with everything she no doubt would have contributed to the household over such a long relationship....:sarcasm: who the hell calls in the lawyers after 18 Months?

So the most serious charge is grabbing her arm and leaving a bruise? But apparently he's Been a serial abuser over a sustained period of time... If indeed that was the case then you wipe him out for a long time as there is no place for that shit anywhere in society, but this is a joke..

hell have no fury like a woman scorned as they say.

Or at all.

Who calls in the lawyers after 18 months?
Hmmm, not sure.
Someone after money?

If he did grab her arm, and leaving a bruise...only an allegation at this stage...then why did he do so, what caused him to do so...in what circumstances...must be established.

darcy

Juniors
To play devils advocate, he still could have hit or slapped or pushed her without causing damage.

But from what little we know (and being fully aware that it's from Weirdler), I am leaning towards him being innocent.

Is there a column/article where he's detailing the arm grabbing etc, please?

El Diablo

Post Whore
To play devils advocate, he still could have hit or slapped or pushed her without causing damage.

But from what little we know (and being fully aware that it's from Weirdler), I am leaning towards him being innocent.

he plays for my club so he's innocent :lol:

saint.nick

Coach
This Peris girl that's brought up the AVO against him...didn't her mother Nova Peris also raise an AVO against someone?

magpie4ever

First Grade
So we believe the latest newspaper article (it suits) but not the previous one (it doesn't). Real classy guys,

This is an extremely sad and personal case for all concerned, let it be resolved through the appropriate channels.

darcy

Juniors
http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...th/domestic-violence-against-men/art-20045149

Women aren't the only victims of domestic violence. Understand the signs of domestic violence against men, and know how to get help.

Domestic violence against men can take many forms, including emotional, sexual and physical abuse and threats of abuse. It can happen in heterosexual or same-sex relationships.

It might not be easy to recognize domestic violence against men. Early in the relationship, your partner might seem attentive, generous and protective in ways that later turn out to be controlling and frightening.
Initially, the abuse might appear as isolated incidents. Your partner might apologize and promise not to abuse you again.
In other relationships, domestic violence against men might include both partners slapping or shoving each other when they get angry — and neither partner seeing
himself or herself as being abused or controlled. This type of violence, however, can still devastate a relationship, causing both physical and emotional damage.

You might be experiencing domestic violence if your partner:

• Calls you names, insults you or puts you down
  • Prevents you from going to work or school
  • Stops you from seeing family members or friends
  • Tries to control how you spend money, where you go or what you wear
  • Acts jealous or possessive or constantly accuses you of being unfaithful
  • Gets angry when drinking alcohol or using drugs
#####

Gee, then I know and have known a lot of abused/domestic violence guy victims.

Last edited:

woodyk2

First Grade
http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...th/domestic-violence-against-men/art-20045149

Women aren't the only victims of domestic violence. Understand the signs of domestic violence against men, and know how to get help.

Domestic violence against men can take many forms, including emotional, sexual and physical abuse and threats of abuse. It can happen in heterosexual or same-sex relationships.

It might not be easy to recognize domestic violence against men. Early in the relationship, your partner might seem attentive, generous and protective in ways that later turn out to be controlling and frightening.
Initially, the abuse might appear as isolated incidents. Your partner might apologize and promise not to abuse you again.
In other relationships, domestic violence against men might include both partners slapping or shoving each other when they get angry ? and neither partner seeing
himself or herself as being abused or controlled. This type of violence, however, can still devastate a relationship, causing both physical and emotional damage.

You might be experiencing domestic violence if your partner:

• Calls you names, insults you or puts you down
  • Prevents you from going to work or school
  • Stops you from seeing family members or friends
  • Tries to control how you spend money, where you go or what you wear
  • Acts jealous or possessive or constantly accuses you of being unfaithful
  • Gets angry when drinking alcohol or using drugs
#####

Gee, then I know and have known a lot of abused/domestic violence guy victims.
Ive been abused all my freakin adult life !

darcy

Juniors
I've lost track of the number of times a man has said to me "My wife won't let me"....
as in... "My wife won't let me go to the pub on Tuesday nights when the Irish sessions are on" etc.

Ok, found Weidler's article...nearly one whole page in a major newspaper.
Inside back cover of today's[Sun 26th July 2015] Sun-Herald.

If it's printed in the newspaper, we should be allowed to comment on it.

Weidler writes;

There a number of common assault charges, where no physical harm is alleged to have occurred.

http://www.judcom.nsw.gov.au/publications/benchbks/criminal/assault.html

[5-000] Common assault prosecuted by indictment
Section 61 of the Crimes Act 1900 provides:
“Whosoever assaults any person, although not occasioning actual bodily harm, shall be liable to imprisonment for two years.”

[5-010] General principles
Definitions

An assault is any act — and not a mere omission to act — by which a person intentionally — or recklessly — causes another to apprehend immediate and unlawful violence: R v Burstow; R v Ireland [1998] 1 AC 147. Thus it is the fear which is the gist of assault.

#####

So, someone fears you might be going to hit them and you get tossed in prison for two years.
Time for change.

Last edited:

TheVelourFog

First Grade
I've lost track of the number of times a man has said to me "My wife won't let me"....
as in... "My wife won't let me go to the pub on Tuesday nights when the Irish sessions are on" etc.

Ok, found Weidler's article...nearly one whole page in a major newspaper.
Inside back cover of today's[Sun 26th July 2015] Sun-Herald.

If it's printed in the newspaper, we should be allowed to comment on it.

Weidler writes;

There a number of common assault charges, where no physical harm is alleged to have occurred.

http://www.judcom.nsw.gov.au/publications/benchbks/criminal/assault.html

[5-000] Common assault prosecuted by indictment
Section 61 of the Crimes Act 1900 provides:
?Whosoever assaults any person, although not occasioning actual bodily harm, shall be liable to imprisonment for two years.?

[5-010] General principles
Definitions

An assault is any act ? and not a mere omission to act ? by which a person intentionally ? or recklessly ? causes another to apprehend immediate and unlawful violence: R v Burstow; R v Ireland [1998] 1 AC 147. Thus it is the fear which is the gist of assault.

#####

So, someone fears you might be going to hit them and you get tossed in prison for two years.
Time for change.

so say someone regularly threatens to kill your family

you lol and go about your day

that about right?

El Diablo

Post Whore
58723094.jpg

Latest posts