What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Kenny-Dowall not guilty of assaulting former partner Jess Peris

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dare say it'll be dropped. She has major psychological issues and needs help

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...omestic-violence-charges-20160229-gn68b9.html

Mr Grogan was scathing in his assessment of Ms Peris and her evidence on Monday, saying that she had appeared to be more concerned about making speeches from the witness box than giving an honest, straightforward account, and had framed her answers accordingly.

"The complainant was not an impressive witness," the magistrate said.

"The court had to warn her on countless occasions that she was not in the box to make statements."

H.H

Juniors
This stunk from the get go and I'm glad justice was served.

Not going to join in on the criticism of her though, as tempting as it is. She has obvious issues and what concerns me most is the young boy.

Hope he's not too affected by all of this and having someone like that as his mother.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
This stunk from the get go and I'm glad justice was served.

Not going to join in on the criticism of her though, as tempting as it is. She has obvious issues and what concerns me most is the young boy.

Hope he's not too affected by all of this and having someone like that as his mother

He hasn't been living with her for a while. She spent the previous 4 months in the US whilst he was left to be looked after by relo's.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
why should he mop the floors? He was not guilty. Silly you making statements when you only had half the story

:lol: I know you guys make a bad habit of going back to ancient history in order to jump on me, but this is ridiculous.

Peris should be ashamed. She is the textbook example of a woman trying to use the law to make a quick buck.

Exsilium

Coach
So does this mean all the criticism of how the Rabbitohs handled the Kirisome Auva case is justified because as soon as this story broke most jumped on the bandwagon of "oh the roosters are covering it up as usual" blah blah blah.

I am glad he was acquitted, had his name dragged through the mud for nothing and whilst the damage has been done to his profile he can move on.

EDIT: Just need to clarify, I edited that comment as you posted el Diablo. Was meant to highlight how those calling for SKD to be stood down, sacked, burnt at the stake etc were the same people defending auva and the way the Rabbitohs handled that. Those same people implied it was typical for the roosters to cover up such investigations which Is funny as he has been found not guilty.

I edited that post but it left my original one up.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
So does this mean all the criticism of how the Rabbitohs handled the Kirisome Auva case is justified because as soon as this story broke most jumped on the bandwagon of "oh the roosters are covering it up as usual" blah blah blah.

I am glad he was acquitted, had his name dragged through the mud for nothing and whilst the damage has been done to his profile he can move on.

he pleaded guilty

Exsilium

Coach
Agree that he did and that is a key point but the comments were hilarious. "He should be banned" lol

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Any word on when SKD can expect a full and public apology from Premier Mike Baird?

For those that have forgotten, he publically called for SKD to be stood down. Given he was happy to comment back in July, surely he will have no issue with commenting now?

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Any word on when SKD can expect a full and public apology from Premier Mike Baird?

For those that have forgotten, he publically called for SKD to be stood down. Given he was happy to comment back in July, surely he will have no issue with commenting now?

I think he may be too busy meeting with developers so he can sell off more public assets.

forward pass

Coach
I assume the money paid to Peris by the Roosters in the form of a vehicle and whatever else has been reported to the NRL and is included in their salary cap ?

If this was Parra who did this, there would be salary cap auditors going through every filing cabinet in the joint.

Danish

Referee
Glad he has been completely cleared, as he is my favourite Rooster. Would have been devastating if the charges had turned out to be true.

Reading some of the details of the case, Peris really does seem like a piece of work. Hopefully anyone thinking of dating her in future does a quick bit of google research and then turns and runs the other way as fast as they can.

The Enforcer

Juniors
Seeing her mug on telly again reminds me how much I despise that Penis-Kneecap thing and the atrocious sport she was when racing Gainsford.