What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheens

I’m not a doctor, but you need to lower your dosage 🤪😜😂🙂
Together we will drag this club off its knees-kicking and screaming if we have to.

This business about Tim being answerable to Pascoe …is fantasy.

Hand on heart, swear your allegiance to Tim @Tigerm buddy. Liberate yourself and join the dark side!

I really do hope he helps us get to where we all want to be, we shall see how it turns out though.
He’s just about our last hope isn’t he?!

All things considered, I think he’s a good choice to try to turn our fortunes about.

Plus I wanted to get some upbeat stuff in before brother @stryker and the grinches parachute in for Christmas, pious and omnipotent, telling us we are all going to die again next season. Telling us to suck spoon without a ball being passed in anger!

Put the tree up early, even if there’s a set of blood red horns at the top instead of the angel or star.

Fordy20

Juniors
This business about Tim being answerable to Pascoe …is fantasy.
TBH, it's just window dressing. Although the club has a traditional structure of the CEO being answerable to the board with all other employees arranged in some sort of hierarchy below the CEO, we know where the real power lies. Tim has seen off three CEOs in his time, he has allies on the board from that time as well as a complicit media who never held him accountable in the past and are unlikely to do so in the future.

Das Hassler

Bench
TBH, it's just window dressing. Although the club has a traditional structure of the CEO being answerable to the board with all other employees arranged in some sort of hierarchy below the CEO, we know where the real power lies. Tim has seen off three CEOs in his time, he has allies on the board from that time as well as a complicit media who never held him accountable in the past and are unlikely to do so in the future.

Maybe that's ok...he knows more about the game and what makes players tick than anyone he would answer to...so long as there's cap spending oversight then i'm fine with he and maguire running the football side of things as they (for)see fit. ..it's not as if anything else has worked too well. Finally puting the Cleary mess in the rear view mirror is what makes me happiest. If Sheens and Maguire's sole focus is on building a hardarsed club then all good...throw them the keys but with a now completely healthy cap and seriously good money to spend then it's no excuses whatsoever from this point on.

Tigerm

First Grade
Maybe that's ok...he knows more about the game and what makes players tick than anyone he would answer to...so long as there's cap spending oversight then i'm fine with he and maguire running the football side of things as they (for)see fit. ..it's not as if anything else has worked too well. Finally puting the Cleary mess in the rear view mirror is what makes me happiest. If Sheens and Maguire's sole focus is on building a hardarsed club then all good...throw them the keys but with a now completely healthy cap and seriously good money to spend then it's no excuses whatsoever from this point on.
I think there is one excuse, there are not of players of quality available atm?

Das Hassler

Bench
I think there is one excuse, there are not of players of quality available atm?

Careful what you wish for...i vividly remember the consensus of relief when cleary finally made some "quality" signings and brought us hi dollar 3 and 4 year Matalino...Packer and JR....with the total benefit of hindsight how much we would have loved to have missed out on those ( gotta sign someone quick) signings. For me i would prefer we select parts that fit and make it work ala Bellamy

Just to add...i know i.didnt really address your point but i get it

WA Tiger

Bench
And why is that ?
At least for WT ..quality players are as we speak 1 hooking up with clubs 2 are potential recruits … just historically not for WT.

A good start has been made but even better if we can get some $$ out of Brooks exiting. It’s a good time to have Tim and his trusted side kick start weighing up the talent (obviously that’s not Madge I’m referring to)

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
And why is that ?
We have a bucket load of cash, but all top tier players are currently locked up or on the down slide of there career (imo), and with the Dolphins coming on players will obviously be waiting to see what that means for them, Wayne Bennett is a good draw card, especially for Queenslanders?

I believe we have some ongoing negotiations with a few first grade quality players, but the market doesn't seem very buoyant atm? I believe the good thing we have done is to go down our current path of developing good young first graders, just need a couple of harden FG's to compliment the team, so I hope we have something going on, that will give us a reason to look forward to next season?

We have signed some good juniors for development, but they wont be ready for a few years.

I think we have signed 3 new players and have 3 more to come?

Tiger05

First Grade
We have a bucket load of cash, but all top tier players are currently locked up or on the down slide of there career (imo), and with the Dolphins coming on players will obviously be waiting to see what that means for them,

There is a supply issue when it comes to quality players. We also seem to suffer from players more than willing to stay with us but only on top dollar. Luc and Nofo are two cases of this. I sort of think if you only want to stay on top dollar then you can go. We need these players though especially in this market.

Hoofhearted

Juniors

NRL 2021: New Wests Tigers football boss Tim Sheens walks straight into Luke Brooks drama​

Tim Sheens has arrived at Concord for the first day of his epic Wests Tigers rebuild - with one huge task awaiting him. EXCLUSIVE PICS INSIDE.

Dean Ritchie

10 min read
November 8, 2021 - 9:51AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Tim Sheens has finally arrived to help save Wests Tigers.
The Daily Telegraph snapped these exclusive photos of Sheens arriving at the club’s Concord headquarters on Monday morning to start his new role as Wests Tigers director of football.
Sheens was met at Concord by the club’s recently-returned recruitment manager, Warren McDonnell, before the pair shook hands with club chairman Lee Hagipantelis.
Wearing a blue polo shirt and black cap while carrying a black bag, Sheens formally started his new job at 9.15am having arrived back in Australia from England at 7pm on Sunday.
And Sheens’ first task will be to sort through – and sort out – the constant and damaging rumours that halfback Luke Brooks may head to Newcastle.
Wests Tigers new head of football Tim Sheens (wearing cap) chats with trainer Ronnie Palmer at Concord on Monday. Picture: Toby Zerna

Wests Tigers new head of football Tim Sheens (wearing cap) chats with trainer Ronnie Palmer at Concord on Monday. Picture: Toby Zerna

News Corp was told on Sunday that Brooks had assured Tigers officials he would stay at Concord, starting with his attendance at the club’s first off-season training session next Monday.
Despite having engaged in constant and positive dialogue with Brooks, Tigers’ management remains frustrated at the continuing speculation about his future and wants it known the 26-year-old will be the club’s halfback next season.
New Tigers football boss Tim Sheens and halfback Luke Brooks.

Brooks will be at Concord for training at 9am on Monday week. Tigers officials have also denied speculation Roosters halfback Lachlan Lam could be heading to Concord. One official said: “Why do we want him when we have Luke?”
News Corp was also told that Brooks had not discussed a release and guaranteed coach Michael Maguire he had no desire to leave for Newcastle as a replacement for Mitchell Pearce — as has been heavily mooted in recent weeks.
Tim Sheens (middle) arrives for his first day as the Wests Tigers director of football. Picture: Toby Zerna

Wests Tigers officials have taken to asking journalists where they believe the constant conjecture has emanated from. Maguire wants Brooks, as does Sheens.
“How many times do we need to say it — he is with us,” one source inside Wests Tigers said. “Madge has said he’s staying, Sheens has said he’s staying, every board member has said he’s staying, Lee (Hagipantelis, club chairman) has said he’s here. What else do we need to do or say?
“The organisation has backed him. He will be at training on Monday week. He is Wests Tigers halfback and will be here this year. ‘Brooksy’ has said it all before — he loves the club and wants to stay.”
Wests Tigers will be without the injured Adam Doueihi for the opening five months of next year after he had a knee reconstruction.
Adam Doueihi has been sent for knee surgery. Picture: NRL Photos

Tigerm

First Grade

NRL 2021: New Wests Tigers football boss Tim Sheens walks straight into Luke Brooks drama​

Tim Sheens has arrived at Concord for the first day of his epic Wests Tigers rebuild - with one huge task awaiting him. EXCLUSIVE PICS INSIDE.

Dean Ritchie

10 min read
November 8, 2021 - 9:51AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Tim Sheens has finally arrived to help save Wests Tigers.
The Daily Telegraph snapped these exclusive photos of Sheens arriving at the club’s Concord headquarters on Monday morning to start his new role as Wests Tigers director of football.
Sheens was met at Concord by the club’s recently-returned recruitment manager, Warren McDonnell, before the pair shook hands with club chairman Lee Hagipantelis.
Wearing a blue polo shirt and black cap while carrying a black bag, Sheens formally started his new job at 9.15am having arrived back in Australia from England at 7pm on Sunday.
And Sheens’ first task will be to sort through – and sort out – the constant and damaging rumours that halfback Luke Brooks may head to Newcastle.

News Corp was told on Sunday that Brooks had assured Tigers officials he would stay at Concord, starting with his attendance at the club’s first off-season training session next Monday.
Despite having engaged in constant and positive dialogue with Brooks, Tigers’ management remains frustrated at the continuing speculation about his future and wants it known the 26-year-old will be the club’s halfback next season.
New Tigers football boss Tim Sheens and halfback Luke Brooks.

Brooks will be at Concord for training at 9am on Monday week. Tigers officials have also denied speculation Roosters halfback Lachlan Lam could be heading to Concord. One official said: “Why do we want him when we have Luke?”
News Corp was also told that Brooks had not discussed a release and guaranteed coach Michael Maguire he had no desire to leave for Newcastle as a replacement for Mitchell Pearce — as has been heavily mooted in recent weeks.
Tim Sheens (middle) arrives for his first day as the Wests Tigers director of football. Picture: Toby Zerna

Wests Tigers officials have taken to asking journalists where they believe the constant conjecture has emanated from. Maguire wants Brooks, as does Sheens.
“How many times do we need to say it — he is with us,” one source inside Wests Tigers said. “Madge has said he’s staying, Sheens has said he’s staying, every board member has said he’s staying, Lee (Hagipantelis, club chairman) has said he’s here. What else do we need to do or say?
“The organisation has backed him. He will be at training on Monday week. He is Wests Tigers halfback and will be here this year. ‘Brooksy’ has said it all before — he loves the club and wants to stay.”
Wests Tigers will be without the injured Adam Doueihi for the opening five months of next year after he had a knee reconstruction.
Adam Doueihi has been sent for knee surgery. Picture: NRL Photos
It seems to me, that the ”only damaging rumours” are from the papers?

Tiger05

First Grade
AD out for 5 months next year doesn't sound good. Brooks must be the most talked about player in the comp.

WA Tiger

Bench
We have a bucket load of cash, but all top tier players are currently locked up or on the down slide of there career (imo), and with the Dolphins coming on players will obviously be waiting to see what that means for them, Wayne Bennett is a good draw card, especially for Queenslanders?

I believe we have some ongoing negotiations with a few first grade quality players, but the market doesn't seem very buoyant atm? I believe the good thing we have done is to go down our current path of developing good young first graders, just need a couple of harden FG's to compliment the team, so I hope we have something going on, that will give us a reason to look forward to next season?

We have signed some good juniors for development, but they wont be ready for a few years.

I think we have signed 3 new players and have 3 more to come?

Top players don't want to come to west tigers. Its not about if there are any out there.
Tim is the guy that potential recruits will see here (This is the plan anyway) and think ok, the coach is a lunatic but hopefully, if there is trouble then Sheens can step in and sort him out. As well as providing some astute decision making across the board with recruitment etc esp with his pom experience/knowledge. Top players haven't been bypassing WT because they don't like the color of the jersey.
So yea from here there is no excuse.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Brooks on the phone to Sheens.

Tim: What's with these rumors about you going to Newcastle. Be straight with me Luke and we will get on.
Brooks: Well yes I did visit the club
Tim: Why whats up
Brooks: Madge is whats up
Tim: Ok, I've been hearing all sorts about Madge. Do me a favour Luke let me settle in and have a good look at the place and whats going on. Trust me whatever problems I see that are negatively affecting you and the players and any other problems I find, I will make them disappear ok. That's my job.
Brooks: ok

(Brooks Thinking): You've got 2 months Mother F. If nothing changes then its me and Joey
(Sheens Thinking): You've got 2 weeks you poor excuse for a half, or you’ll be the problem I'll make disappear. Then its Hello top 8

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Brooks on the phone to Sheens.

Tim: What's with these rumors about you going to Newcastle. Be straight with me Luke and we will get on.
Brooks: Well yes I did visit the club
Tim: Why whats up
Brooks: Madge is whats up
Tim: Ok, I've been hearing all sorts about Madge. Do me a favour Luke let me settle in and have a good look at the place and what going on. Trust me whatever problems I see that are negatively affecting you and the players and any other problems I find, I will make them disappear ok. That's my job.
Brooks: ok

(Brooks Thinking): You've got 2 months Mother F. If nothing changes Then its me and Joey
(Sheens Thinking): You've got 2 weeks you poor excuse for a half, or you’ll be the problem I'll make disappear. Then its Hello top 8
yes and yes…they could be transcripts lol