What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield shield 2012/13 thread

caylo

Bench
Until O'Keefe starts bowling hand grenades in the nets he won't get a look in to the test team..

bowling hand grenades in a shield match isn't good enough for the selectors... lol

This time he is getting some media attention so he'll have to get in, all we need is warne to back him and he'll get a chance. BTW I would laugh if they chose S.Smith or Zampa to go.

For the test In india I think they should pick: Warner, Cowan, Hughes, Watson/Khawaja, clarke, Henriques, Wade, O'keefe, Sids, Pattinson, Lyon.

Henriques as the 3rd seamer and alrounder with watson not bowling and either Watson as a bastmen (if they think he is good enough) or Khawaja as next cab off the rank if they don't think he is a top 6 batsmen. 15 man squad would also include Haddin, Starc and Bird (or a 3rd spinning option instead of Haddin/Bird)

caylo

Bench
BTW If they take Maxwell to india they are stupid, he is barley a batsmen and his finger spin is no better (probably worse) then clarke and warners part time spin. He will be useless against the indians who read even the best spinners pretty well. I would play a part pace alrounder (Henriques/Hopes) and play two full time spinners, that would make the most sense to me.

Timbo

Staff member
If we play an all-rounder it should be Butterworth and Faulkner.

But will we need one? Based on the decks they have England, the quicks will bowl 10-12 overs max. Don't know if we'll need a third quick.

caylo

Bench
If we play an all-rounder it should be Butterworth and Faulkner.

But will we need one? Based on the decks they have England, the quicks will bowl 10-12 overs max. Don't know if we'll need a third quick.

I was talking about India and you can't rely on 3 pace bowlers when conditions suit , you need options.
How do you figure those guys over henriques? He has as good a bowling avg as both this year and he has been on of the top batsmen at #7. Not just that henriques bowls good areas at 135-140km/h and swings the ball, perfect for English conditions. He is a better batsmen and bowler then both those two and he is just staring to be consistent. I think he can definitely go to the next level in the audience colours. Perfect test player and has the ability to be better then Flintoff, with his batting ability he should be aging mid 40s with the bat and sub 30s with the ball (even now being underused throughout his career he has a 27 avg with the ball, his first class bowling avg is better then bolinger)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why would the selectors pick the only first class spin bowler averaging under 30 with a batting average over 30 when we can pick Downies like Maxwell and Xavier..................

IanG

Coach
No play today at Blacktown because of rain.

Stumps Day3
WA 242 & 8 for 211
NSW 344

WA lead by 109 with 2 wickets in hand

Red Bear

Referee
Wheres okeefe for this game?

Tassie 6/310

punter 138no
krejza 71no

hazlewood 3/64
Split webbing in his hand.

One of the worst batting line ups I can remember NSW fielding

Dawson
Henry
Cruickshank
Maddinson
Rohrer
Nevill
Copeland
Hazlewood
Zampa
Tremain
Bollinger

That top four is woeful. Rohrer and Nev dont score runs we're in deep shit. Which makes throwing away such a good position even more frustrating

MSIH

Bench
Bit rough on Maddinson. The kid's got talent, he's just having a poor run atm.

He'll fire one of these days, hopefully soon.

Red Bear

Referee
Bit rough on Maddinson. The kid's got talent, he's just having a poor run atm.

He'll fire one of these days, hopefully soon.
He's had a poor run for 18 months though and hasnt done much in grade. A talent, yeah, but shouldnt be playing shield cricket at present.

BDR

First Grade
Punter 20 runs away from another first class double ton. Hopefully he can get there. According to the ABC Ponting and Krezja have just eclipsed the 7th wicket record for Tassie.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good to see Ponting scoring runs still.

The old dog still has some bite in him.