What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shockingly bad movies you watched because they won awards etc

Fire

First Grade
Not because they got awards but because everyone was raving about them...both 'The Hangover' movies.

Gran Torino & Godfather 2 shockingly bad?

SMFH

Inglorious Basterds was great until the ridiculous Jew Fantasy ending.

A shockingly bad movie is Redneck Zombies.

Free look at Winslett's tits? She gets them out every second film.

Bazzi

First Grade
I'm a fan of "different" movies, but The Artist being a silent film, just doesn't do it for me.

Karl

Juniors
Shockingly bad? None that won awards spring to mind. Disappointing, sure. Not my cup of tea, absolutely. Oh wait. Do we include the AFI awards in that?

Some AFI nominated/awarded films have been absolute piles of excrement. Bran Nue Day springs to mind but I know there have been others. How atrocious does a script and a movie have to be to make Geoffrey Rush look bad? We now know.

Moffo

Referee
Gran Torino was turd

I hope that the avengers doesn't win either. Don't get the love with that one. Solid but not amazing

gUt

Coach
I'm glad someone agrees with me about Gran Torino. Such an overrated, slow, boring, cliched, pointless, painful piece of shit. I've articulated elsewhere on this forum why I hate that celluloid abomination so I'm not just plucking random films out of the air.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Anything with Nicolas Cage. Leaving Las Vegas comes straight to mind

Absolutely ruined one of my all time favourite comic characters not once, but twice too

God-King Dean

Immortal
The only reason people rave about Gran Torino is because the racist is funny, & Eastwood is great as always. As gUt said, it's cliched. And the supporting actors were C-grade.

Aragorn

First Grade
Little Miss Sunshine is a great movie.

You must had shit tastes in movies.

what exactly did you like about the film? the climax at the end when they get on stage and make fools of themselves? or the 5yr old girl doing the strip tease act? the gay uncle? the perverted grandpa? the loser parents? suicidal teen? I dont need a movie to remind me the world is farked up... i see it in the news everyday... ;-)

carcharias

Immortal
I think people with youmg kids can sort of relate to little miss sunshine more than people with out kids.
Especially ones with daughters....most people I know who saw it loved it .
I thought it was ok .
pretty funny...the shit you do for your kids is pretty insane at times.

Zoidberg

First Grade
A movie I found terrible was Scott Pilgrim vs the world.
Not an award winner but had heard about people thinking it was great.

adamkungl

Immortal
I liked Little Miss Sunshine and Gran Torino. Probably the only award winning movies I've seen in the last few years :lol: ohwait, Avatar and Dark Knight i spose