What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short memories

Sam I Am

Juniors
WE KNOW THAT! The difference is that your inbred state is SELLING them already, which DOESN'T happen with Premiers T-shirts.

Gee, it was only a couple of days ago that you were complaining about being baited because you were from NSW! :lol::lol:

We should do as you say and not as you do! :lol::lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You southerners all go sssllllloooowwwwllllyyyyy...

That would be Canterbury making a shirt, and Classic not making a shirt. Looks like the QRL have got a merchandiser that can market. Sydney rugby league could learn from that! :lol:

No, it's called arrogance and the shirt will look mighty stupid if NSW are to win the series.

Then again I'm sure CCC won't care as they'll have swindled hundreds off redneck QLD d*ckheads like yourself :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Gee, it was only a couple of days ago that you were complaining about being baited because you were from NSW! :lol::lol:

We should do as you say and not as you do! :lol::lol:

F**k that, this is Origin, no holds barred. :D

Knightmare

Coach
Bittersweet. That's how I am feeling right now. Sure the XXXX Dream Team won, but NSW were good enough to have won that. If Hayne had (rightfully) been awarded that try it would have been a draw headed into the last 5 minutes, and the game changes completely. Qld also scored a try or two off the refs piggybacking them forward in some questionable penalties. I think Game 2 could be quite different, provided there is more coherence in attack and the effort is more consistent.

Dee

Juniors
Bittersweet. That's how I am feeling right now. Sure the XXXX Dream Team won, but NSW were good enough to have won that. If Hayne had (rightfully) been awarded that try it would have been a draw headed into the last 5 minutes, and the game changes completely. Qld also scored a try or two off the refs piggybacking them forward in some questionable penalties. I think Game 2 could be quite different, provided there is more coherence in attack and the effort is more consistent.
meh. We could argue both of the NSW tries in the second half were complete flukes which wouldn't have happened if they didn't take deflections on their way through. Works both ways, you gotta give credit to QLD though! They outplayed them and their class shone through!

Knightmare

Coach
What stood out for me about Queensland was their ability to gel as a side. You could tell the Blues had alot of 'green' players, but the positive was that by the end of the game they were looking much more coherent. I think there will be quite an improved performance from the squad in Sydney.

Well nah, because it turns out you have to throw the ball *backwards* in rugby league. Hayne stood on the sideline too. But let's not get sooky talking about the refereeing again - there were a few bad calls each way. Happens in every game and it wasn't the reason NSW lost. QLD wanted it more, they ran harder, tackled harder and dived on every loose ball. In the end the score kinda flattered NSW

NSW looked to send a message early, but were shellshocked by those 3 quick tries in about our first 3 entries to their half. A few players were a bit anonymous (Campese, Jennings) and I thought Gidley was below par, even before his few mistakes. Jennings wasn't used to his potential, every time he got the ball was from dummy half; if they had released him a bit more he would have been dangerous. NSW's kicking game was poor, made to look good by their 2 lucky tries. QLD's was immense again. In the end, I'm glad the better team won and we'll be talking about that tomorrow and not some crap refereeing decision.

jarro

Juniors
Well nah, because it turns out you have to throw the ball *backwards* in rugby league. Hayne stood on the sideline too. But let's not get sooky talking about the refereeing again - there were a few bad calls each way. Happens in every game and it wasn't the reason NSW lost. QLD wanted it more, they ran harder, tackled harder and dived on every loose ball. In the end the score kinda flattered NSW

NSW looked to send a message early, but were shellshocked by those 3 quick tries in about our first 3 entries to their half. A few players were a bit anonymous (Campese, Jennings) and I thought Gidley was below par, even before his few mistakes. Jennings wasn't used to his potential, every time he got the ball was from dummy half; if they had released him a bit more he would have been dangerous. NSW's kicking game was poor, made to look good by their 2 lucky tries. QLD's was immense again. In the end, I'm glad the better team won and we'll be talking about that tomorrow and not some crap refereeing decision.

Couldn't have said it any better myself :clap:

_Johnsy

Referee
Every time a team wins a premiership, 10 minutes after the siren they're all wearing specially made T-shirts saying 'PREMIERS 2009' or whatever year it was. The next day, they're flying off the shelves in every sports shop around. The fact they're even being made at all, when the team and fans know there's a 50% chance they are never going to see the light of day = not arrogant? :sarcasm:

That this perceived 'arrogance' is getting under the skin of Blues fans when they've been doing it to us for so long is the definition of an added perk. Keep having a sook :clap:

Andrew

The shirts have been on sale for 2-3 weeks, and unless game 1 was the only SOO game played this year, and the shirts were rushed in to stores yesterday afternoon your argument is void.

It's not getting under my skin at all, I just found it amusing that QLD'ers have become what they once hated most, arrogant SOO fans. If you think it is getting under my/our skin, this must be because we did get under your skin. Its ironic, as it certainly does not get under my skin. If it is a QLD'er its confidence, when its a NSW'elshman its arrogance, according to the folk north of the tweed. I find it rather amusing, as I am sure you do.

1-0 , suck it down.

Score flattered NSW, they had nothing in attack, never looked like crossing the line except the O'Donnell ball drop. Had to be gifted 2 shooting gallery tries just to make it look like a game. They're a team of players with no leadership and it showed.

The fact that they got their hearts broken in the last few minutes was just sugar on top for me.

Dazzat

First Grade
Andrew

It's not getting under my skin at all,

Then why bring it up the subject of the jerseys in a thread?

I think you've finally arrived at that place ... you now realise that yes, Queensland is the superior state in rugby league. Yes, we have the best team. Yes, we have the Origin grit that Gus was talking about last night ...

If you truly believes otherwise, it would "get under your skin". A true Blues fan would be livid about those jerseys!

Welcome to the realisation.

What I'm laughing at today is the NSW media painting it as a "Good Loss".

When you have pride for your state, no loss is "good". Can you imagine Qlders considering any loss 'good'.

Latest posts