What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ratchy

Juniors
The difference with the Storm is that they spend an absolute fortune on recruitment, coaching and development systems because being owned by News Ltd they can afford it. They spend a lot more than any Sydney club can afford because News throw as much money their way as they can to ensure they're successful. There's so salary cap on coaching and recruitment staff etc
The colts teams that Melbourne had at Brisbane Norths were unbelievable rich in talent which is why the dominated that comp for years.

What was even more unbelievable is the rumoured worth of the teams. It was staggering.

Ratchy

Juniors
Agreed. The bloke is unproven as a coach. He may have coached NZ to a World Cup win but he had Wayne Bennett as his "assistant" so who knows who was actually doing most of the coaching. He's done well at Melbourne as an assistant but none of us know how big a role he has down there, and all things considering after Melbourne's rorting were revealed the theory behind their success over the previous 4 seasons has to be re-analysed. Were they so great because of great coaching? Or was it because they'd a very unfair advantage over other sides by cheating?

Wayne Bennett gave Kearney a massive wrap after the helping him out in the world cup. That is a good enough endorsement for me the bloke can coach.

They were great because they had the necessary programs and procedures to identify and develop players. They didn't go out and buy the big 4 once they were superstars. They were developed.
Look at our piss poor development when you compare the catchment of juniors and our development/recruitment process.
Sure you can ask what would SK bring.
I would like to think he would bring the way melb develop players which is something lacked since crusher left.
If DA had anything to offer it would've been evident in 2 years

Do you want to know whos Junior Development system they copied? Or who has coached all the way through that Junior Development system?

born an eel

Bench
Wayne Bennett gave Kearney a massive wrap after the helping him out in the world cup. That is a good enough endorsement for me the bloke can coach.
I'm sure Mal has given his assitant coach at the maroons a wrap as well, if we are after quality assitants why not get Mal's assistant from the SO team (at least they have won some silverware):sarcasm:

boxhead

First Grade
Do you want to know whos Junior Development system they copied? Or who has coached all the way through that Junior Development system?

Yes.
Query: Is it us?
Query 2: Is it Kearney?

God help us all.

Hey guys, if we do get Kearney do you think we are a better shot at getting Adam Blair or Cooper Cronk? That may be why we would get him above Sticky or another coach (if that is what is happening)?

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
If its a choice between Mr Anderson and Ricky Stuart please mark me down as a "tick" for Mr Anderson.

Add Stephen Kearney in.

If I had a choice between the three, it would be

1. Daniel Anderson
2. Stephen Kearney
3. Ricky Stuart

No offence Sticky....

Eels Dude

Coach
If we have problems finding a decent halfback now, imagine how much worse it would be if Sticky were our coach....

CrazyEel

Bench
In all this intrigue there is one thing I do know for certain, Stuart will NOT be coaching Parra, I have been absolutely assured of that much.

boxhead

First Grade
In all this intrigue there is one thing I do know for certain, Stuart will NOT be coaching Parra, I have been absolutely assured of that much.

I like Sticky as a coach, but I would rather Kearney, so in a sense that is good news for me.
Of course, I know that is wonderful news for everyone else :D

born an eel

Bench
might as well make up a list if we are going to change coaches every 2 years if we don't win a title,
How long does Ozzie get?

Ratchy

Juniors
I'm sure Mal has given his assitant coach at the maroons a wrap as well, if we are after quality assitants why not get Mal's assistant from the SO team (at least they have won some silverware):sarcasm:
Wayne Bennett isn't one to hand out compliments lightly at all. I'll take more creedance in that than anyone elses opinion going around.

cv8z

Juniors
Hmm, but is the coach cutting any local juniors before they see out their contracts? I think you are (deliberately?) missing the distinction...

Yes he has even though they may not have been world beaters. If your argument is a contract is a contract the it works for all.
If the coach can clean out the so called dead wood whilst contracted then he also can be cleaned out.

if ando is going to be sacked the board better have a bloody good reason and they better disclose it in full to the members just remember you might be ando's bosses but THEY are YOUR bosses if you wanna play god so can they!

if ando is going to be sacked the board better have a bloody good reason and they better disclose it in full to the members just remember you might be ando's bosses but THEY are YOUR bosses if you wanna play god so can they!

Listening to Ossie last night at the supporters club meeting, he is well aware that the members own the club, and encorages them to participate in it.

bartman

Immortal
Yes he has even though they may not have been world beaters. If your argument is a contract is a contract the it works for all.
If the coach can clean out the so called dead wood whilst contracted then he also can be cleaned out.
So who are these player who've been turfed by DA while under contract? Just interested in some names, and links to the evidence... oh, and behavioural breaches of contract obviously wouldn't count.

yy_cheng

Coach
So who are these player who've been turfed by DA while under contract? Just interested in some names, and links to the evidence... oh, and behavioural breaches of contract obviously wouldn't count.

for mine, it was only finch.

You could say he wasn't pushed but a senior player being told you are not in his plans sort of is.

Eels Dude

Coach

Finch, Cordoba and Hauraki are at least three... but let's face it was mutual from all parties and those blokes probably asked for releases.

cv8z

Juniors
Finch, Cordoba and Hauraki are at least three... but let's face it was mutual from all parties and those blokes probably asked for releases.

Throw in Tautai.
They may have asked for releases after being told your not part of future plans
Who wouldn't want a release if your not wanted?

Eels Dude

Coach
Throw in Tautai.
They may have asked for releases after being told your not part of future plans
Who wouldn't want a release if your not wanted?

I don't think Tautai was contracted for 2010... just not retained. We were better off without those fellas anyway.