What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Gallop apologise to Brett Stewart?

Should Gallop apologise to Brett Stewart?

• Yes

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 138 81.2%

• Total voters

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
Mate ,i am not saying that he is guilty. I am saying that "something" must have happenned ,else the case would have not gone to court. the degrees of what happened , i have no idea. As for the girl being pushed to make the claim , i can only assume , she was pushed by the father because something that upset her had happened , whether it was criminal or innocent play , i have no idea.
Truelly innocent to me , means he was not there , it was not him , he was already with his own girl . I am not aware that this was proven true , so i can only assume the court did have him at the scene and something happenned with no witnesses. Star versus girl who is now known as being mentally defective.
I can see you blame the girl and the father for backing his daughter , hmm.What did they have to gain , nothing i can see.

I don't blame her at all, I think some serious questions need to be asked of the fathers motive.... I fell sorry for the girl, she has her own mental issues and maybe at the time she did believe morre happened than what apparantly did.
AS to what they had to gain, had Manly agreed to the cash settlement out of court, hmmmmmm

Michael Bishop

Juniors
Did Greg Bird get an apology?

He was run out of the game for 12 months without conviction.

Brett Stewart needs to grow a pair of nuts and get the f**k over it. 6 year old children don't cry as much as this

Did Brent Watson get one from Bird ?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I am still waiting for Timmy to tell me what the MWRLFC should have punished Brett for, forcing the NRL to punish him instead...

Weren't there several eyewitness reports of him acting drunk at/on the way home from the season launch?

hugzy

Juniors
I actually think Stewart might have been asking him if he has any teenage daughters that like Manly?

someones already posted that joke, much funnier the first time around

Garts

Bench
Weren't there several eyewitness reports of him acting drunk at/on the way home from the season launch?

We all know that does not warrant a 4 week suspension. We all know the real reason for the suspension was the charge. Being drunk was a excuse. Anyone who does not believe that is thick. Either way I am over seeing it in the papers, it is not a good look for Manly.

lynx000

Juniors
Fail. This came up in the trial that Stewart was in control despite having a few beverages.

Just curious Cliffy, were you at the trial for the entirety of the evidence or have you obtained a full transcript of the proceedings and read it?

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Just curious Cliffy, were you at the trial for the entirety of the evidence or have you obtained a full transcript of the proceedings and read it?

First hand information from someone who publically viewed most days of the case at the court.

lynx000

Juniors
Fair enough, so hearsay basically, which is always coloured by someone else's memory or bias.

lynx000

Juniors
Mate, I am not really having a go at you, but I just read in these forums quite regularly what people post about court proceedings and what is said or allegedly said or established. The reality is, that unless you are on the jury, the judge or part of one of the legal team or have read the full transcript, no one really knows fully what the evidence is.

lynx000

Juniors
Can I also say that my view is, that the suspension for brining the game into disrepute that Gallop imposed (even though he now says that it was not) was primarily related to the sexual assault allegation. My view is also that Gallop massively over-reacted, possibly because of the fact that Stewart had been selected as the face of the game for that years marketing campaign. The fact that subsequent scenarios have been handled differently is tacit acknowledgement that they did not get it right in the Stewart case.

firechild

First Grade
Can I also say that my view is, that the suspension for brining the game into disrepute that Gallop imposed (even though he now says that it was not) was primarily related to the sexual assault allegation. My view is also that Gallop massively over-reacted, possibly because of the fact that Stewart had been selected as the face of the game for that years marketing campaign. The fact that subsequent scenarios have been handled differently is tacit acknowledgement that they did not get it right in the Stewart case.

I think that is exactly the view that Stewart and the club have taken. They have acknowledged their wrongdoing by changing the way matters are handled and Gallop should acknowledge the fact directly to Stewart. Noone is asking for the $100,000 to be handed back, a simple apology can go a long way to exorcising Brett's demons which are largely the result of how he was publicly treated by the media and the NRL. Legal action was taken against the media and News Ltd were forced to put an apology in their newspapers but Brett also want an apology from Gallop.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Yes. On the condition that Manly, or anyone associated with Manly, NEVER brings up the issue again. Isn't that what the apology is about - closure? Or is it about politics? Gallop needs to man up and say he got it wrong, Stewart needs to man up and move on because, quite frankly, the issue has become a joke.

Slackboy72

Coach

Well what you say may obviously be true and valid but there is hardly any schadenfraude for this forums liking. Go put on your anti-manly blinkers and try again. We don't wan't rational thoughts around here sonny. :x

firechild

First Grade
Yes. On the condition that Manly, or anyone associated with Manly, NEVER brings up the issue again. Isn't that what the apology is about - closure? Or is it about politics? Gallop needs to man up and say he got it wrong, Stewart needs to man up and move on because, quite frankly, the issue has become a joke.

This^

Gallop should apologise but if he does (which we know he never will) then the case is closed and noone should speak of it again. In fact, it was really only the media that has raised it as an issue since the GF. Brett knew what he said was not being recorded so while it was in public view, it was still a quiet word and he put on no performance, just shook Gallop's hand while he said what he had to say. The media have blown it into something bigger.

nko11

Juniors
Stewart should receive 4 more weeks for continually bringing the game into disrepute.

betcats

Referee
This^

Gallop should apologise but if he does (which we know he never will) then the case is closed and noone should speak of it again. In fact, it was really only the media that has raised it as an issue since the GF. Brett knew what he said was not being recorded so while it was in public view, it was still a quiet word and he put on no performance, just shook Gallop's hand while he said what he had to say. The media have blown it into something bigger.

It was a public. You dont think he could call Gallop or say what he wanted to say somewhere other then infront of the whole rugby league world?

Stop acting like Stewart isnt being a f**king crybaby about this. Yes Gallop was wrong probably wrong to suspend him, move the f**k on.

Latest posts