What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Gallop apologise to Brett Stewart?

Should Gallop apologise to Brett Stewart?

• Yes

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 138 81.2%

• Total voters

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Theres something about Grand final day and willow turning into a troll....
I know precious, my words upset you.
innsaneink said:
happened last year too, lasted for months iirc
LOL.

Says the hypocrite still obsessed with another team's premiership in his sig file, a year down the track.

Tell us again that you don't care about Saints.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
On reflection looking at the replay it did look like a peace offering although the camera wasnt able to show Stewart actually talking so no chance to lip read.

If he did say something to bury the hatchet, I hope he mentions it publicly because it will end the whole thing for everyone.

Glen Stewart said in his interview at the end, thst thier had been "closure" on the Gallop thing, so I would suggest it was a peace oferring of some sort....

chileman

Coach
Yeah, good call champ.

81858939.gif

My team didn't lose today. But hey - you Manly merkins live by the victim mentality, so why stop now.

:sarcasm: Victim mentality.....if being happily married with my wife for 16 years, with two sons who are manly supporters but dont need to bang logic where you do......actually I pity you son!

innsaneink

Referee
I know precious, my words upset you.LOL.

Says the hypocrite still obsessed with another team's premiership in his sig file, a year down the track.

Tell us again that you don't care about Saints.

I see you altered your own sig on account of mine.
Nice to know I get under your skin...

Jud

Juniors
Is it just me, or is this whole "closure" thing just a wank??

Fair dinkum, get over it Manly. Even Dessie referred to it in his interview straight after full time.

You won the comp, and deservedly so, now soak it up, not sook it up.

Burwood

Bench
Hard to be 100% sure when only looking at his lips, but I reckon Gallop's reply to Brett's little speech was, "Well said".

Paullyboy

Coach
No other team would have carried this on for this long, manly are just whingers from top to bottom.

In all seriousness though you could see there was no malice in whatever was said.

chileman

Coach
You won the comp, and deservedly so, now soak it up, not sook it up.
Thus saith a man/woman with words of wisdom...I've just said prayers with my boys and sent them to bed....now I will soak it up but promise only a beer or three so I don't sook ;-) or regret tomorrow!

LazyDreamer

Bench
:sarcasm: Victim mentality.....if being happily married with my wife for 16 years, with two sons who are manly supporters but dont need to bang logic where you do......actually I pity you son!

Read your own post where you referred to criticism of your dickhead fullback as being from 'sore losers' - inferring that anyone who dares criticize golden boy gave more than a vague f**k whether Manly or NZ won today. This = victim mentality and = the f***ing of logic. Ya ever stop to think that maybe it's fair & just criticism from neutral fans sick to death of your club's shit???

Also trying to work out where your kids come into the argument, Mr Logic...or are you just trying to convince the world that they're yours?

jk13

First Grade
As Brett Stewarts crossed eyes focused on many people, gallop wasn't sure who he was talkin to

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I see you altered your own sig on account of mine.
Nice to know I get under your skin...
lol. You rate yourself. Hypocrite.

You brought up last year's grand final. Obviously gets under youir skin, you obviously care what I think.

I have had an interest in the history of my club for decades. I celebrate it. But you've been unsettled to the point where you have to embellish stuff in your sig file.... for a whole year. It's really sad. I couldn't imagine worrying about an opposition's club history in the way you do. Hypocrite.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Manly declare feud over with premiership
David Beniuk
October 2, 2011 - 9:09PM

AAP
Manly declared their NRL premiership the final chapter in a bitter feud between fullback Brett Stewart and league boss David Gallop after seeing off a brave Warriors side 24-10 in Sunday's grand final.
Coach Des Hasler spoke of "closure", Clive Churchill medallist and Brett's brother Glenn Stewart said things were "back to normal" and the Sea Eagles returned to the point where the drama all began.

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/br...eud-over-with-premiership-20111002-1l3ct.html

innsaneink

Referee
Manly declared their NRL premiership the final chapter in a bitter feud between fullback Brett Stewart and league boss David Gallop after Sunday's grand final.

451433-glenn-stewart-and-david-gallop.jpg
Closure ... We may never know what Glenn Stewart said to David Gallop on the podium. Source: Gregg Porteous / News Limited

Coach Des Hasler spoke of "closure", Clive Churchill medallist and Brett's brother Glenn Stewart said things were "back to normal" and the Sea Eagles returned to the point where the drama all began.
That was after they won the title in 2008, when Brett Stewart was banned for four weeks by the NRL for abusing alcohol before facing and being cleared of a sexual assault charge.
This year Hasler said his star No.1's soul would not be cleansed until Gallop apologised.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

The fullback and chief executive engaged in an intense conversation during the presentation at ANZ Stadium, as did Glenn Stewart and Gallop when the outstanding Sea Eagles lock received the award for best on the ground.
"That was nothing, just moving on," Glenn Stewart said. "It was nothing at all."
While Brett would not speak after the victory, Glenn Stewart seemed to indicate the hatchet may have been buried.
"It's very special, probably the final chapter and everything's back to where it was and moving on and normal life's good and footy's going well so I can't complain," he said.
Hasler was philosophical when asked about Brett Stewart's return to the top.
"With the couple of years he's had, with the injuries and the interruptions in his life, to bounce back and to come back and be part of a side that wins a grand final means he has really come full circle and surely you can't begrudge him that."
Glenn Stewart returned from the battle of Brookvale to lead Manly to a win in the war for the premiership, starring in the four-tries-to-two win.
Banned for three games after the infamous brawl with Melbourne players a month ago, Stewart needed his team-mates to get him through the finals series and repaid them with a try, superb plays for two more four-pointers and an all-round performance that is likely to have him named in the Kangaroos squad on Monday.
Whenever a big play was needed, the nuggety Manly lock stepped up, none moreso than when he surprised the Warriors with a grubber inside his own half that eventually led to a Daly Cherry-Evans try.
"I don't know if it was a bit of a brain snap or what, but if it bounces the other way I might have been in hot water with Dessie," Stewart said modestly when asked about his first half grubber.
"... (My try) was just the right place, right time ... I was just hanging around for the scraps and it paid off."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...nd-final-victory/story-e6frf3ou-1226156446679

Perth Red

Post Whore
I would have thought Glenn Stewart would have been kissing his feet for allowing such a soft penalty for starting a sideline brawl after he had been sin binned!

Latest posts