What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Luke Burt have been dropped ?

Should Luke Burt have been dropped?

• Total voters

oldmancraigy

Coach
lol yes sandow can kick goals and yes over 80% but stats dont say everything. and I would like to know how many of them were from the side lines, or in front of the sticks. and correct me if im wrong but isnt burt close to 80% as well and most from the side line if I remember correct.

Surely you jest???

Sandow is hands down a better kicker than Luke Burt. Sandow kicked more goals than anyone else in the entire competition last year - including multiple pressure kicks, and game winners from the touchline.

97 goal attempts last year, 85% of them converted, leading pointscorer in the ENTIRE competition, and you think for some reason that Luke Squirt is a better kicker?

It's comments like yours that tempt me to ignore everything Burt has ever done for the club and join the Sefto train.
Get a life mate.

cv8z

Juniors
Obviously a new direction by the coach who wouldn't drop anyone last year, after one game, Burt, Horo and Morgan gone. Horo and Morgan aren't living up to the promise they showed early in their careers. Surely Burt has earnt one poor game though?, there must be still a spot on the wing for Burt and he proved his character scoring 24 points for Wenty today. I guess Kearney will live and die by Monday's result.

So what's the word for changes tonight? Hayne and tonga in?

And hindy prob out

SDM

First Grade
If we miss a kick tonight and lose by 2, Burt would have kicked it, unless it was 20 metres out and in front of the sticks.

Stewie

Juniors
I voted no because noone should have been dropped after Round 1. It's one game in piss pooring rain. If Kearney is going to be consistant and drop all players back to Wenty that continually show poor form then I have no problem with it, but that won't happen.

cv8z

Juniors
I voted no because noone should have been dropped after Round 1. It's one game in piss pooring rain. If Kearney is going to be consistant and drop all players back to Wenty that continually show poor form then I have no problem with it, but that won't happen.

He wasn't dropped because of his efforts last week.
He was never in the mix to start this year if not for hayne's injury.
We've been lacking speed & power out wide and SK is out to address that

SDM

First Grade

So Hayne and Willie Tonga should play at Wenty?

Strangenuts

Juniors
I love Burty and for a long time have over looked his defensive deficiencies because of the other things he brings to our side. But too often in the past year I have found myself cursing his poor defense. If he has been dropped for this game against the Warriors I am quite pleased, however I hope he is not sacked and never to play 1st grade again.

cv8z

Juniors
I love Burty and for a long time have over looked his defensive deficiencies because of the other things he brings to our side. But too often in the past year I have found myself cursing his poor defense. If he has been dropped for this game against the Warriors I am quite pleased, however I hope he is not sacked and never to play 1st grade again.

Even if form warrants it?

emjaycee

Coach
I must say, I have loved Luke Burts contribution to the team over the years and he has been one of my all time Parra favourites in the 34 years I have been bleeding Blue and Gold, however last year was definitely the year that should have been his last.

As other posters have stated, the game has moved on and outside backs now need to be bigger, stronger and more willing to get involved in the contest. And Luke, whilst a great clubman and a great ambassador for the Eels and the game, no longer seems willing to do this.

Will he be missed - yes.
Is it fair that he is dropped - maybe not based solely on last weeks game.
But as a true Parramatta fan, I want what is best for the team, not what is best for individuals, long serving clubman or not.

Will miss you Burty, hope you get your Mojo back and finish in the top grade because your form demands it.

But, if we have a side on the paddock that doesnt include Burt but wins games and gets us to the semis, is anyone on here prepared to say "I wish we ran 9th but Luke Burt played more games!" - I think not.

cv8z

Juniors
for someone who doesn't listen you seem to know a lot about it, that goes for your bussom budy as well. :crazy:

Podcasts?
And no one seems to respect the DT yet links are still posted and read on here.

Last edited:

Latest posts