What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Luke Burt have been dropped ?

Should Luke Burt have been dropped?

• Total voters

E_Cantona

Juniors
I gotta a great respect for Burt, but parra needs wingers that can return the ball with more impact. If Burt has to move aside occasionally so they can try new options, or give younger guys FG experience in the hope of un-earthing a new talent..so be it.

ParraAds

Juniors
He played for Wenty on the weekend. Hayne is obviously playing tonight.

Blair and Sio are a bunch of bums.....Put your house on Warriors tonight.
Team moral will be down tonight, one of thier leaders has been stabbed in the back!!!!

While im at it im going to bag the absolute crap out of Kearneys strategy.
1 offload last week to brisbane's 20odd.
Games are won these days on 2nd Phase plays, and it doesnt exist in Parra's bag of tricks.....

It was too wet for offloads that night.

Freak2

Juniors
I voted No but only because Hayne should play 5/8 and Burt fullback. Roberts to Centre and Esi out.

IMO that is our best side.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Feel sorry for Burt, but sometimes the hard decisions need to be made. While Blair and Sio may not yet have the experience or class of Burt, sometimes you need to pick a player on their future potential not the past if you want to rebuild a side. Look at Bennett especially at the Broncos - he was never scared to tap a player on the shoulder to tell him his time was up.

mickdo

Coach
Hmmm, so because Burt was our top tryscorer two seasons ago he should not be dropped this season. Interesting logic. :-k

SDM

First Grade
Kearney must get the chop for this, Burty is the greatest winger to lace a boot, if we lose tonight it can only possibly be due to the lack of Burt.

i dont know which game you were watching last week i thought sio had a good game

Games are won these days on 2nd Phase plays, and it doesnt exist in Parra's bag of tricks.....

we have trouble holding the pill when its dry sometimes and you want us to toss it around like we are the harlem globetrotters when its wet?

speaking of strategy has anyone stopped to consider that this might be a plan by kearney to keep burt from defending against kiwi monsters twice his size? show me the quote where kearney said that burt was dropped due to poor form

born an eel

Bench
Yes, because nothing that Hadley says is ever reposted here :roll:
Is it posted in full and in context? Is it even reposted correctly or does the poster have a biased opinion before anything has even been said?

Going off what is posted on here without checking the full story can and will lead to errors.

FROSTY319

Juniors
The reason is the Warriors are a big and powerful team across the park. We need bigger bodies and solid defence and Luke isnt the guy for this. I feel more comfortable with this team and it shows Kearney can make the tough calls and this puts everyone in the team on notice.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
OMG OMG this can't be right he is our leading try scorer like forever and um he racked up 24 points over the weekend and um um um he is a club legend and um um um OMG

Eelementary

Post Whore
In the spirit of letting fellow fans know of the happy-haps...We've signed Adam Dykes for the 2002 season. I think he will lead us to glory!

ParraAds

Juniors
Yes, because nothing that Hadley says is ever reposted here :roll:

So you don't listen to it, but just take anything that's re-posted here as gospel?

You have more faith in the standard of accuracy in this forum than I do.

pazzaeel

Juniors
He played for Wenty on the weekend. Hayne is obviously playing tonight.

Team moral will be down tonight, one of thier leaders has been stabbed in the back!!!!

Thanks for bringing me up to speed. Was under a rock yesterday.