What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Luke Burt have been dropped ?

Should Luke Burt have been dropped?

• Total voters

bartman

Immortal
Agree, a mid-season assessment - half way through SK's contract - seems reasonable. Any talk of contract extensions beforehand (unless we are running at about 75% wins!) is premature.

If we are behind 50% wins at halfway and SK can still guide us to the finals, then the Board might be justified in granting a contract extension at that point. But if we don't make the finals this year (or can't achieve a 50% win rate for the large part of the season) then imo we should be looking for a different coach with some experience for 2014 on.

We've got a hard draw for the first five games, and the next three don't get any easier - all 2011 finalists bar Penrith and the Sharks (our danger team), I think? By Round 8 we'll have a fair idea of how much of a contender we'll be this season.

Parra

Referee
With 4 of our first 5 games at Parra stadium anything less than 3 wins will be very disappointing.

Anything other than four wins should be unacceptable. But these idiots will just move more games to homebush to improve whatever it is they are there to improve.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I believe it's still the NAB Cup.

Izzy Folau just got a mark, three handballs and a disposal for 27 points. Karmichelle Hunt is looking good in the hip pocket.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Anyone would of thought SK took old Yella out the back and shot him, although I would argue Old Yella would have been better under the high ball and offered more from dummy
Half.........

At most clubs Burt would have been put out to pasture years ago, how is it a weak decision??? Sacking a fan Favourite for a young kid shows me Kearney is
Not afraid to make the hard calls.

Last edited:

cv8z

Juniors
Yes
There is no way he could have handled the size of the opposition tomorrow
He has shown he is gun shy in defence

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes
There is no way he could have handled the size of the opposition tomorrow
He has shown he is gun shy in defence

Don't forget in attack and under the high ball.

He can f**ken catch and put the ball over the line untouched but.

Grail

Juniors
There is nobody better in to fill the void. Age means nothing. He is still good enough, especially compared with the other outside backs that we have on offer. Dropping him is pointless. There is no "rebuilding year" that's just an excuse shit clubs give for being shit. Pick the best team and put it on the field, and Burt is in that team at the moment.

Suitman

Post Whore
Anything other than four wins should be unacceptable. But these idiots will just move more games to homebush to improve whatever it is they are there to improve.

Sack 'em all now I tell's ya!!

It's ironic isn't it that the same old same old's whinging about the board in the past, are whinging about Burt being dropped.
Jethro Tull had a great song years ago........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsCyC1dZiN8

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Agree, a mid-season assessment - half way through SK's contract - seems reasonable. Any talk of contract extensions beforehand (unless we are running at about 75% wins!) is premature.

If we are behind 50% wins at halfway and SK can still guide us to the finals, then the Board might be justified in granting a contract extension at that point. But if we don't make the finals this year (or can't achieve a 50% win rate for the large part of the season) then imo we should be looking for a different coach with some experience for 2014 on.

We've got a hard draw for the first five games, and the next three don't get any easier - all 2011 finalists bar Penrith and the Sharks (our danger team), I think? By Round 8 we'll have a fair idea of how much of a contender we'll be this season.

Pretty well summed up I reckon, for a change.

Suity

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I heard he had a blinder today.
Maybe Kearney will give Hayne another week to recover and have Burt at fullback tomorrow night.

Suity
Can we play Wests reserve grade tomorrow night as well??? I voted yes, Burt is still probably the 2nd best option at fullback for the club but at wing he just doesn't cut it anymore IMO.

mickdo

Coach
Was bound to happen sooner or later. I don't think anyone should really be too surprised.