What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Mary's Contract Be Extended For another 3 Year Term?

Sould Mary's Contract Be Extended?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Faith in the administration to run your club professional. Having the right people in positions of authority .... ..How do you think we are doing.. . ..My opinion is it's a disaster

Git says to have 'faith' and support the club, that those charged with managing the organisation know more than us. Well of course they better know the inner workings of the club but that doesn't necessarily equate to competent management. Is Git suggesting that all management in every organisation, whether sport or otherwise, is competent, and that any criticism is borne of ignorance? Or is Git saying competent management is somehow a natural function of the St George club, because they're St George?

Whichever way you look at it, it's absolute nonsense. This board is incompetent, by any objective measure. And so is the coach. But hey, just have faith

For mine... having faith means despite all our frustrations, we are supporters and our relationship with the club comes via choice, family, desire or whatever it was that led us to support the correct club.. but it's only a part of our life, we don't have direct control over what happens...

however, those who operate in the club such as players, staff and "coach" do this for their living and have control over what happens... we need to have faith that they want what we want... success...

...and a new coach?

To have faith in an incompetent board and coach group is gross immaturity, naivety or stupidity. Whatever it is, it's just gross.

Straight Shooter

Crush

Coach
After watching such a well drilled team performance in the first half of the first game of the season, we must re-sign McGregor, now!
Geez you are really going hard at Mary tonight OKB.
Not sure what half of footy you watched but I just saw a pretty good half of footy, just gotta reduce the errors and we will win this game.

possm

Coach
Geez you are really going hard at Mary tonight OKB.
Not sure what half of footy you watched but I just saw a pretty good half of footy, just gotta reduce the errors and we will win this game.
In my opinion OKB is not going hard enough against Mary. Mary is a joke and should be sacked. Just one dimensional game plan that has failed over the past few years. Any reserve grade coach could have done better even without a 'long hard offseason'.

His plan to shuffle the spine with Dufty at fullback and Hunt at hooker did not do the job because:

Hunt is not a hooker.
Widdop is not fit and in my opinion playing injured.
Norman will not do well playing Mary's 'power game' as he needs room to weave his magic and is being asked to stand too shallow.
Our forwards did not have a plan to stop the Cowboys edge players. For every good tackle Host made, his opposite number ran big metres and dominated the game.
We really missed JDB and K Sims.

Crush

Coach
In my opinion OKB is not going hard enough against Mary. Mary is a joke and should be sacked. Just one dimensional game plan that has failed over the past few years. Any reserve grade coach could have done better even without a 'long hard offseason'.

His plan to shuffle the spine with Dufty at fullback and Hunt at hooker did not do the job because:

Hunt is not a hooker.
Widdop is not fit and in my opinion playing injured.
Norman will not do well playing Mary's 'power game' as he needs room to weave his magic and is being asked to stand too shallow.
Our forwards did not have a plan to stop the Cowboys edge players. For every good tackle Host made, his opposite number ran big metres and dominated the game.
We really missed JDB and K Sims.
Widdop is not a fullback, it has nothing to do with injury.
Missing JDB and K. SIMS has nothing to do with Mary.
I agree that Mary is a goose and his selections are rubbish but posting sack Mary every time a player drops a ball or makes an error is just silly.

possm

Coach
Widdop is not a fullback, it has nothing to do with injury.
Missing JDB and K. SIMS has nothing to do with Mary.
I agree that Mary is a goose and his selections are rubbish but posting sack Mary every time a player drops a ball or makes an error is just silly.

It is up to Mary to devise plans to ensure compensation for the losss of players.

Widdop is injured and should not be played until he is over it and so as Mary is responsible for selections and bench management, it is justifiable to blame his decisions on such a poor showing.

As Mary's contract is due for renewal, it is fair game to point out why his contract should or should not be extended. Mary's performance this week clearly indicates why his contract should not be extended.

Crush

Coach
It is up to Mary to devise plans to ensure compensation for the losss of players.

Widdop is injured and should not be played until he is over it and so as Mary is responsible for selections and bench management, it is justifiable to blame his decisions on such a poor showing.

As Mary's contract is due for renewal, it is fair game to point out why his contract should or should not be extended. Mary's performance this week clearly indicates why his contract should not be extended.
Widdop isn't injured, play him at 6 from next week and he won't look injured either.

Rob Dragon

Juniors
Folks, I think everything will be sorted after the Round 4 game. I expect us to be 0-4 at that stage and then the wheels will really fall off. Our next 3 games are Rabbits, Donkeys and Knights. We will be dead and buried by that stage and so will the coach. Unfortunately we need considerable pain before the BOD will act. As I have stated many times, the coaching debacle is not McGregors fault. He's on around $400K a year. Would you be walking the plank if you were him understanding that you are unemployable in the NRL post this job? The real ineptitude starts and finishes with his boss/es.

possm

Coach
Folks, I think everything will be sorted after the Round 4 game. I expect us to be 0-4 at that stage and then the wheels will really fall off. Our next 3 games are Rabbits, Donkeys and Knights. We will be dead and buried by that stage and so will the coach. Unfortunately we need considerable pain before the BOD will act. As I have stated many times, the coaching debacle is not McGregors fault. He's on around $400K a year. Would you be walking the plank if you were him understanding that you are unemployable in the NRL post this job? The real ineptitude starts and finishes with his boss/es.

No matter what the results of the next 3 or 4 rounds, the deals have been done and our CEO has come out publicly stating he is going to recommend Mary's contract extension.

The excuse for poor performance has already been set in place. It would be all about the JDB situation.