What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Timoteo Simona be given a second chance?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Let’s be serious, he wasn’t match fixing. He put a few stupid $10 bets on his opposite to score first which they never did, in fact I don’t believe any of them scored a try that game. If was actual match fixing it would be a hard no from me, however this was more being an idiot then anything.

Wizardman

First Grade
Let’s be serious, he wasn’t match fixing. He put a few stupid $10 bets on his opposite to score first which they never did, in fact I don’t believe any of them scored a try that game. If was actual match fixing it would be a hard no from me, however this was more being an idiot then anything.
I agree that he is more guilty of being a dick than a money making crook. But, where do you draw the line? To bet on an opposite number implies that he will not give 100% at the very least.

I feel for him on a human level but gambling on rugby league is an absolute no go for NRL employees for a very good reason.

gerg

Juniors
Whatever happened with the allegations against Manly in relation to betting on games? The Foran brothers from memory.

Fordy20

Juniors
No way. Betting on your opposite number to score, that's beyond return.
He bet on himself to score and on his centre partner's opposite number. If that's considered match fixing, then Jason Taylor should be charged as well for selections on Simona's opposite edge.

Homo man69

Juniors
The guy has done a hell of a lot work on himself including working for charities camp quality and salvos. He’s also been seeing a psychologist regularly. He now works as a personal trainer for kids with special needs. I would say no if he had done jack sh$t but I’m giving him a barely yes.

Exsilium

First Grade
The guy has done a hell of a lot work on himself including working for charities camp quality and salvos. He’s also been seeing a psychologist regularly. He now works as a personal trainer for kids with special needs. I would say no if he had done jack sh$t but I’m giving him a barely yes.

The game loves a good rehab story, he’ll get the green light, deflect from the real issues the game has and all will be well at NRL HQ.

Tiger5150

Bench
As a Tigers fan, I'm really split on this. I really liked him as a player and as a bloke. We have Packer at the Tigers, Lodge is playing, Aauva, Inglis, etc etc etc but what he did does strike at the integrity of the game. Everytime he misses an easy tackle leading to a try (common for centres) it is natural for questions to be asked.

TBH Im happy for others (integrity commission) to make that call, but I would also like that he has to return to the Tigers. Im sick of clubs losing out because players do something stupid but when they have been "redeemed" the strong clubs snap them up.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Would have only been a matter of time before he stated match fixing properly.

Gambling is a scourge. Was earning more than $300K and still needed more cash.

He bet on himself to score and on his centre partner's opposite number. If that's considered match fixing, then Jason Taylor should be charged as well for selections on Simona's opposite edge.

I always thought he bet on his opposing centre? SMH reported he bet on his opposite centre at the time.

Either way, betting against yourself or your team mates is f**ked and raises questions on whether you'll play to the best of your ability. Every missed tackle, especially that leads to a try will forever have you under a spotlight.

The Rosco

Bench
Here's a few of my 2 bob's worth . . . .
1. He should have beat up his girl, then we wouldn't be having this conversation.
2. Mitch Moses did more to directly throw the result of a game than Simona ever did.
3. If he improves as a player, he could go and glass 3 pregnant women in a nightclub and be redeemed by the wonderful Roosters organisation. But only if he turns into a much better player.

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
Would it be legitimate for players from various NRL clubs to bet against themselves when they play the Sydney Roosters?
Does Stevo ever bet against Albert ?
When Albert gives Stevo a red hot tip, I bet it's called The Lock. The Lock In The Sock.
And finally . . . do you voice them all different, Albert ? You know, when they are having a group discussion up there about Le Catalans and le Roosters.

Last edited:
Does Stevo ever bet against Albert ?
When Albert gives Stevo a red hot tip, I bet it's called The Lock. The Lock In The Sock.
And finally . . . do you voice them all different, Albert ? You know, when they are having a group discussion up there about Le Catalans and le Roosters.

Sorry, I don't get your point.

Abacus

Juniors
To be fair, I'd bet on the opposition centre lining up against Moses every day of the week.

A bit like you'd get on the 2nd rower or centre opposite Maloney each game at the end of 2018. Easy money.