What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Timoteo Simona be given a second chance?

mxlegend99

Referee
Normally I would say no. But his crime compared to others is nowhere near as sickening. NRL being pussies with punishment should atleast be consistent.

We have players who terrorised and threatened to murder young families, a player who stomped a defenceless guys head into the pavement and several who have bashed their missus, gone on rampages assaulting people etc.

Personally I would feel much better having zero tolerance for all these cases and the cheats. But if they get a chance to redeem themselves. Why shouldnt Simona?

I think as a fan I could cheer on Simona before one of those other guys. Although ideally none of them would be playing. There are plenty of talented guys who haven't done anything wrong and are waiting for their first chance. Much rather they got it. Fancy being overlooked for one of those f**king grubs.

It just shows how dumb this whole thing was. You would think a centre wouldn't pay more than $20 as first try scorer so when it came down to it on the field is he really going to let his opposite number run over the top of him for a potential payoff of $200.

Let’s be serious, he wasn’t match fixing. He put a few stupid $10 bets on his opposite to score first which they never did, in fact I don’t believe any of them scored a try that game. If was actual match fixing it would be a hard no from me, however this was more being an idiot then anything.

T-Boon

Coach
The guy has done a hell of a lot work on himself including working for charities camp quality and salvos. He’s also been seeing a psychologist regularly. He now works as a personal trainer for kids with special needs. I would say no if he had done jack sh$t but I’m giving him a barely yes.

I always vote no.

Timbo

Staff member
f**k with how bad the crickets been this off season has been a real doozy.

Zadar

Juniors
Normally I would say no. But his crime compared to others is nowhere near as sickening. NRL being pussies with punishment should atleast be consistent.

We have players who terrorised and threatened to murder young families, a player who stomped a defenceless guys head into the pavement and several who have bashed their missus, gone on rampages assaulting people etc.

Personally I would feel much better having zero tolerance for all these cases and the cheats. But if they get a chance to redeem themselves. Why shouldnt Simona?

I think as a fan I could cheer on Simona before one of those other guys. Although ideally none of them would be playing. There are plenty of talented guys who haven't done anything wrong and are waiting for their first chance. Much rather they got it. Fancy being overlooked for one of those f**king grubs.

Another footballer recently got off a drink driving and speeding charge because of community work, simona should try that angle.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
No he shouldn't.

When the outcome of games is being bet on by a player in that game, that is entirely unforgivable.

Great talent. Greater f**king idiot.

Matua

Bench
Guys who have bashed women are playing in the NRL ...

But, as league/broadcasting and big gambling are so entwined I wont be surprised if he isn't allowed back.

Iafeta

Referee
Let’s be serious, he wasn’t match fixing. He put a few stupid $10 bets on his opposite to score first which they never did, in fact I don’t believe any of them scored a try that game. If was actual match fixing it would be a hard no from me, however this was more being an idiot then anything.

Sure... but I’m sure through the club and comp welfare programs they talk about what is or isn’t permitted in betting. He may claim naïveté but I don’t see any validity

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Well if he was in the AFL he would have only got a 10 match suspension which coincidentally finished just in time for finals...

Tiger5150

Bench
I think in this case he shouldnt be given a second chance. Betting on the opposition is unforgivable and strikes at the core of the game.

Typical though that in this game they give him a second chance and another club other than the one he hurt potentially benefits. I think the Tigers come second in this only to the Raiders.