What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sidhe New Game - Rugby Challenge

MattYg1

Bench
Just played the demo of RWC 2011 and it sucks. No different to Rugby 08 whatsoever, even the graphics are awful for a Next Gen game.

Rugby Challenge will be a much better game.

havent played the demo yet but i saw a video somebody posted on here just now and i gotta say that there is no comparison between the two as far as a technical standpoint is concerned.

Animations, textures and even frame rate seems to be a lot smoother in RC than in RWC 2011

Allstar Knights

Juniors
havent played the demo yet but i saw a video somebody posted on here just now and i gotta say that there is no comparison between the two as far as a technical standpoint is concerned.

Animations, textures and even frame rate seems to be a lot smoother in RC than in RWC 2011
Sidhe have made a really good game it looks like. So much content has been thrown into RC. Franchise mode, player creator, tons of competitions and teams etc. The graphics look very nice and is what a Next Gen game should look like, unlike RWC 2011. Like you said, the gameplay looks to run smoother. Loving the tackling and offloading animations, they look amazing.

Really looking forward to Rugby Challenge.

so rugby world cup 2011 is out 25 of august
e f
when is rugby challenge out?
Don't think Sidhe have announced a released date for Rugby Challenge. yet.

Last edited:
There is no way the RWC2011 is a fair dinkum effort it just seems like a re-release of Rugby 08 to cash in on the world cup. Kind of reminds me of the near re-release of RL2 ;-)

shiznit

Coach
the RWC2011 demo is a disgrace...

the best part of the demo was the fact that they had 2 different sets of english commentators.

other than that... its "Welcome to 2007"

boxhead

First Grade
I'm definitely getting this. The previews so far have all been extremely positive, and the customization options seem to be very extensive; I'll probably make an NRL league, which might sound sacrilegious but I think just the ability to do that is very cool.

MattYg1

Bench
played the RWC demo...

dont get me wrong the game was average at best like Tonearm said its not a fair dinkum effort... kind of like a movie tie in game, they are definatly working to a strict deadline and are just churning out your average sports experience.

THAT BEING SAID... if a Rugby League game were released to much the same standard it would actually be a VAST VAST improvement on the previous Rugby League games...

Its definatley looking like RC will towel up the competition just with the amount of gameplay modes

played the RWC demo...

dont get me wrong the game was average at best like Tonearm said its not a fair dinkum effort... kind of like a movie tie in game, they are definatly working to a strict deadline and are just churning out your average sports experience.

THAT BEING SAID... if a Rugby League game were released to much the same standard it would actually be a VAST VAST improvement on the previous Rugby League games...

Its definatley looking like RC will towel up the competition just with the amount of gameplay modes

This is why I despise EA these days they've just re-released an old game strictly to get the $ from the world cup.

RC won't outsell RWC11 but it'll by far be the better game.

I hope EA go bankrupt very soon

natheel

Coach
Yeh thanks tonearm..I got it. I can see I'll enjoy it as I enjoy the league games...every now and then.

MattYg1

Bench
Reading a lot on the sidhe forums and the previews for RC and I'm sorry to derail again into the realm of Rugby League but gee it's such a shame Sidhe won't get a crack at a league game again because they are really making a lot of sense with some of their gameplay choices and AI improvements...

Front-Rower

First Grade
This is why I despise EA these days they've just re-released an old game strictly to get the $ from the world cup.

RC won't outsell RWC11 but it'll by far be the better game.

I hope EA go bankrupt very soon

EA dropped the game so not one of their's. HB has now teamed up with 505 games for release.

But your right, it's just like FIFA, only every second edition is worth buying.

Oh they did? Pardon me, my bad on that.

Their insistance on a season and online pass, deleting origins accounts, whoring up licenses and putting out half release still has me wanting them to go belly up.

Latest posts