What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sidhe New Game - Rugby Challenge

MattYg1

Bench
I don't mind it actually... It's quite fun but it does look like they have been rushed during development

Dragon

Coach
they are really making a lot of sense with some of their gameplay choices and AI improvements...

I have to disagree mate. Based on the vids i've seen the AI is horrible in both defence and attack, all over the park! Doesn't know when to run inside, doesn't pick gaps in the defence, cant create an overlap.

I really think the only way to make a rugby (either code) work is by allowing the player to set the play at each and every ruck. Thats the reason Madden works is because at every play you are giving the AI instructions on what you want to happen. Hard to do in union or league because there is no real stoppage at the next play, but unless you have some brilliant coder come up with some amazing algorithms it just wont happen. Best bet is to go into super slow-mo once a player is tackled, allowing the user to pick from a number of plays akin to an NFL playbook.

But sidhe wont think outside the square, they just re-use the same code in every single game trust me this one will be a major disappointment

boxhead

First Grade
I have to disagree mate. Based on the vids i've seen the AI is horrible in both defence and attack, all over the park! Doesn't know when to run inside, doesn't pick gaps in the defence, cant create an overlap.

I really think the only way to make a rugby (either code) work is by allowing the player to set the play at each and every ruck. Thats the reason Madden works is because at every play you are giving the AI instructions on what you want to happen. Hard to do in union or league because there is no real stoppage at the next play, but unless you have some brilliant coder come up with some amazing algorithms it just wont happen. Best bet is to go into super slow-mo once a player is tackled, allowing the user to pick from a number of plays akin to an NFL playbook.

But sidhe wont think outside the square, they just re-use the same code in every single game trust me this one will be a major disappointment

You must see something that no-one else sees, obviously :roll: Fact is, it looks a thousand times better than anything they've done before, or any previous Rugby game.

Dragon

Coach
You must see something that no-one else sees, obviously :roll: Fact is, it looks a thousand times better than anything they've done before, or any previous Rugby game.

Of course it looks better, its a next gen game. Ive already wrapped sidhe on their presentation/graphical improvements. Look at the gameplay man, it is very ordinary and i just feel like its getting way too much hype

MattYg1

Bench
Of course it looks better, its a next gen game. Ive already wrapped sidhe on their presentation/graphical improvements. Look at the gameplay man, it is very ordinary and i just feel like its getting way too much hype

Nah look I do agree Dragon... Simple fact is any rugby game should be simply based off of a system of simple line running programing... Programing the AI on your team to run a simple line and you choose who to pass it to depending on the defensive teams decision... And say for a league game there wouldn't really need to be all that many playsets, at least not to begin with... I'm no programer but it doesn't seem to be all that difficult a premise...

Does RC look like it's achieved that? Not completely? Does it looks like a better step fowared than any of sidhe's previous titles 100%

Obviously it could all fall apart when actually playing it but it certainly looks like it's got something going for it...

Thomas

First Grade
RWC11 is just Rugby 08 upscaled to PS3, isn't it?

I downloaded the demo last night and it was okay...but there's nothing new. Even the controls are the same. If Sidhe's new game is pants I will probably buy that one.

haynenation

Juniors
can some1 help me plz?

how do i download the RWC demo??? where do i go? can i download it to the PC???

if i can only download to ps3 how do i do that ive never downloaded anything to ps3

haynenation

Juniors
i figured it out and downloaded RWC 2011 and im not that impressed. i would probably buy it as i just like sports games and rugby games but given RChallenge is coming out id just get htat.

this is as many people have said just rugby 08 with a few minor adjustments

natheel

Coach
Milla with rugby challenges franchise mode...do u pick one team and take them throughout the whole franchise or can u sign with other teams?

And r they 2011 squads?

milla

Juniors
Milla with rugby challenges franchise mode...do u pick one team and take them throughout the whole franchise or can u sign with other teams?

You can pick one club/representative side or one national side (don't have to be related), or both, to take through 13 seasons.

natheel

Coach
You can pick one club/representative side or one national side (don't have to be related), or both, to take through 13 seasons.

awesome stuff.

think im going to make some league players ;)

the RWC demo is quite fun...very easy after a while though....i like the swift movements of the passing...i hope rugby challenge has a side cam for it too i really enjoy that cam

i figured it out and downloaded RWC 2011 and im not that impressed. i would probably buy it as i just like sports games and rugby games but given RChallenge is coming out id just get htat.

this is as many people have said just rugby 08 with a few minor adjustments

Please don't buy it, the consumer has been getting screwed by companies who put out half arsed games (some, like Codemasters straight out admit) and they know people will buy it.

Make a stance, stop buying crap.

Ausguy

Coach
awesome stuff.

think im going to make some league players ;)

the RWC demo is quite fun...very easy after a while though....i like the swift movements of the passing...i hope rugby challenge has a side cam for it too i really enjoy that cam

Roll a turd in glitter.... still a turd

natheel

Coach
been watching some rugby challenge footage of gameplay and one off screen at some sort of unveiling of the game...some movements look similar to rugby league like the way they run but all in all as in gameplay, cut scenes, commentary, kicking it all looks that much better and the game modes alone just sound so much more extensive. i can't wait for it actually.

Latest posts