What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sidhe New Game - Rugby Challenge

boxhead

First Grade
I got this for $59 from big w when they had the online sale... I liked the rugby league game on 360 better

I gather you just don't like Rugby Union? This game is far superior to any of the previous League/Union games.

haynenation

Juniors
This game is overated

Dont get me wrong its not a bad game and as an absolute sports fanatic I will play it for hours on end but anyone saying this game is lightyears ahead of NRL Live is kidding themselves. Its a decent game and ill play keep playing it cause I like rugby. But theres as many flaws in this as there is in Rugby league live. Me thinks too many people just wanted to bag that game.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
:lol:

what an idiot...

your giving up on it without even playing it?? :lol:

it has its issues... but its by far the best Rugby/Rugby League game since JLR.

Ahh I see, Iam an idiot.....I guess that makes you the fan boi humping the leg of this lame game. Dont let me interrupt your humping, I got 30 seconds, I can wait for you to finish.

Your right, I never gave this a second of play. Why?? Because I f**king wasted money on RL1 & RL2 & IAM STILL WAITING FOR MY MONEYS WORTH!!

Heard the saying "Fool me once shame on you"...that applies to these Developers.

natheel

Coach
This game is overated

Dont get me wrong its not a bad game and as an absolute sports fanatic I will play it for hours on end but anyone saying this game is lightyears ahead of NRL Live is kidding themselves. Its a decent game and ill play keep playing it cause I like rugby. But theres as many flaws in this as there is in Rugby league live. Me thinks too many people just wanted to bag that game.

I put in rugby league live after playing rugby for a while. I couldn't get through 1 whole game of rll...I use to like it coz there wasn't any game that could beat it in terms of rugby type games on ps3 but now I'm getting rid of it

MattYg1

Bench
Ahh I see, Iam an idiot.....I guess that makes you the fan boi humping the leg of this lame game. Dont let me interrupt your humping, I got 30 seconds, I can wait for you to finish.

Your right, I never gave this a second of play. Why?? Because I f**king wasted money on RL1 & RL2 & IAM STILL WAITING FOR MY MONEYS WORTH!!

Heard the saying "Fool me once shame on you"...that applies to these Developers.

As long as your not quoting this George W Bush on that one...

milla....why don't you guys make a rugby league/union combined game?

All you would have to do is add extra teams, stadiums and define certain rules and you can take both markets at once.

shiznit

Coach

fan boy??? :lol:

you're obviously too stupid to understand the criticism i was leveling at you...

play the game before actually judging it you genius..... :lol:

If you play the game and think its shit... than fair enough go nuts...

but don't come on here spouting bullshit when you haven't even bothered to play the game.

milla

Juniors

All you would have to do is add extra teams, stadiums and define certain rules and you can take both markets at once.

That's a question for HES/TruBlu. We've made separate games representing both codes for them, and I suspect the licensing agreements in place with the owners of the various properties involved make it necessary that they remain so, but I'm not in the loop for that particular aspect of things.

axl rose

Bench

Swordfish studios actually investigated the possibility of this with their game released in 06.

That's a question for HES/TruBlu. We've made separate games representing both codes for them, and I suspect the licensing agreements in place with the owners of the various properties involved make it necessary that they remain so, but I'm not in the loop for that particular aspect of things.

Fair enough.

If it were given the go ahead would you see any problems in developing a combined game? I can't think of any two sports so similar, except soccer and futsal, so surely the adding of more teams, stadiums and defining rules for certain competitions wouldn't be too hard? I understand licensing would be the biggest issue.

You could have the option for single matches to choose which set of rules you would like or even have custom rules with a simple on and off selection.

Swordfish studios actually investigated the possibility of this with their game released in 06.

What was their findings, do you know? Obviously it was not on but I'd be curious to what they find in their initial investigation.

MattYg1

Bench
At this stage I wouldnt mind a League game to be released with faux names, teams, stadiums etc...

as long as the gameplay is right...

I remember Ricky Ponting Cricket doing it not that long ago and the character names were hilarious haha

Michael Clock
Adam Gilchurch
Glen McGrith

tokerShark

Juniors
At this stage I wouldnt mind a League game to be released with faux names, teams, stadiums etc...

as long as the gameplay is right...

I remember Ricky Ponting Cricket doing it not that long ago and the character names were hilarious haha

Michael Clock
Adam Gilchurch
Glen McGrith

Shane Warde
Brett Leap:lol:

milla

Juniors
Fair enough.

If it were given the go ahead would you see any problems in developing a combined game? I can't think of any two sports so similar, except soccer and futsal, so surely the adding of more teams, stadiums and defining rules for certain competitions wouldn't be too hard? I understand licensing would be the biggest issue.

You could have the option for single matches to choose which set of rules you would like or even have custom rules with a simple on and off selection..

I would imagine it would be fairly simply to do.

BTW all but the US and Canada have release dates now:

http://rugbychallengegame.com/2011/09/further-release-dates-announced/

Latest posts