What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Dugan

TheRev

First Grade
- Even disregarding the no d***head policy, I still wouldnt want him at the club, wrong sort of player, he would not flourish here either, we have bigger problems to fix than outside backs (our strength).
- Carney was a different proposition, he was coming dirt cheap and hes a genuine play-maker, if he comes off you might just win a comp.. and at his worst, hes still a pretty decent player.

Minh

First Grade
Lol at St George Illawarra and French Rugby being possible destinations for Dugan. We are linked to every off contract player/coach/man and dog lol.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Dugan was heavily linked with Roosters.

He's given the finger to the Raiders (literallly).

This is Minichiello's last season..........

DUN DUN DUN!

Rob Dragon

Juniors
A strong coach such as Bennett, Bellamy or Bennett "could" deal with Dugan; but not Price. What would it say to Beale if we signed Dugan? I think Beale may develop into a good fullback. He has great footwork and blinding off the mark acceleration. Let's not throw money at an injury prone trouble maker. We need to spend every cent on a centre and another number 6.

Twenty10

Juniors
A strong coach such as Bennett, Bellamy or Bennett "could" deal with Dugan; but not Price. What would it say to Beale if we signed Dugan? I think Beale may develop into a good fullback. He has great footwork and blinding off the mark acceleration. Let's not throw money at an injury prone trouble maker. We need to spend every cent on a centre and another number 6.

Trouble is there isn't any number 7s or 6s left.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Save the money for a half

With all the drug / sharks folding crap going on we will be in the prime position to pick up some good bargains soon.

Vidot and Dugan at the same club will NEVER happen. Too much bad blood.

Skeepe, if you're still lurking, what's the story with Vidot? In the year or so with us he's proven to be lazy, ill disciplined, dumb and a fully nailed on reserve grader. But there are a lot of players like that, most of whom, in recent history, have tended to end up at Souths. Now the Rabbits have got their act together it seems like we get stuck with them.

What is it that has made Vidot so especially poisonous to team-mates though? Apparently we are no shot at getting Williams, for example, because he hates Vidot so much.

On paper at least, Dugan seems to be, personality and temperament wise, pretty much a carbon copy of Vidot (albeit with more talent). But you're saying he hates Vidot too. What is wrong with this bloke?

bottle.. "never" is a big call, even in lower case. Although Carney did fold like a cheap suit on GF day, I think that has more to do with his shortcomings as a player rather than his dickheadedness, because it's hard to deny that his "atrocities" and misbehaviour off-field have reduced quite a bit in recent times.

Dugan is a dickhead atm, sure. And an injury risk. But it maybe a risk we have to take. We've hit a point in the grand salary cap cycle where we have money to spend and a 22 year old rep-standard player in a key position may be on the market. You'd have to trust that the club culture will affect him, rather than vice versa.

Godz, nailed it. I thought we'd disagree on this but I can only echo the summary.

Would you do the double and take Ferguson as well though?

Mr Red

First Grade
latest reports reveal that Dugan was naked standing on top of the roof going on like a lunatic..
police were called, and Dugan started making "pig snorting" noises at them, refusing to come down off the roof...

jesus...

CC_Saint

Juniors
No to Dugan.

Let's wait for Ferguson to muck it up and take him. We need a centre.

Oh, and hi everyone.
Long time reader, first time poster.

Latest posts